Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- djon - 2009-10-19

Amet Wrote:what are you on? Win?

I am on Linux.

I'd like to make a suggestion for a new feature:

I tried to get subtitles for a TV-show but this doesn't work as the script doesn't find any subs.
If you could make an regexp that checks the filename for something in the line of S[0-9]E[0-9] (this isn't 100% right) it would then know it was a tv-show as they should be named "The Simpsons S20E04.avi". If the script found this then it should use the podnapisi tv-series search.

- amet - 2009-10-19

djon Wrote:I am on Linux.

Thanks!

djon Wrote:I'd like to make a suggestion for a new feature:

I tried to get subtitles for a TV-show but this doesn't work as the script doesn't find any subs.
If you could make an regexp that checks the filename for something in the line of S[0-9]E[0-9] (this isn't 100% right) it would then know it was a tv-show as they should be named "The Simpsons S20E04.avi". If the script found this then it should use the podnapisi tv-series search.

If your TV show is scanned in a library it will work, as the script takes the name of the show, season and episode number from there and sends a query to the sites.

Zeljko

- djon - 2009-10-19

Amet Wrote:Thanks!

If your TV show is scanned in a library it will work, as the script takes the name of the show, season and episode number from there and sends a query to the sites.

Zeljko

Ok, they are in a library, but I guess the episode was too new for any of the sites to have it. Will try it again later.

doesnt work on r23898? - [2ge] - 2009-10-24

Hi,

admin of opensubtitles here Smile sorry for little downtime for website, it was caused by: forum thread I hope it will go now ok.

Anyway, today I tried to put on my XBOX latest SVN build - it is r23898, and I can not enable OSD button. I am using PM3.HD, also I check sources in this BUILD and in VideoOSD.xml I can not find definitions for subtitles, whats happened ? Can somebody check it ?

Also I see it was fixed lately...

thanks.

- amet - 2009-10-24

[2ge];424589 Wrote:Hi,

admin of opensubtitles here Smile sorry for little downtime for website, it was caused by: forum thread I hope it will go now ok.

Anyway, today I tried to put on my XBOX latest SVN build - it is r23898, and I can not enable OSD button. I am using PM3.HD, also I check sources in this BUILD and in VideoOSD.xml I can not find definitions for subtitles, whats happened ? Can somebody check it ?

Also I see it was fixed lately...

thanks.

Hi Brano,

you dont need the skin hack anymore for PM3.HD, just go to settings-- > skin settings --> scripts --> enable subtitle button.

choose the correct path to default.py and you should be set.

Thanks for the info on downtime.

Zeljko

- Paulchen - 2009-10-24

Amet Wrote:choose the correct path to default.py and you should be set.

Zeljko

Hi,

I tried to set the path to the default.py, but the script is installed in Documents & Settings\Application Data....which is normally hidden on Win XP. I enabled the feature, that I can see hidden data, which is possible while browsering through the folders in XP, but browsering in XBMC does not show me the hidden directories. So, I used the skin-hack but I think it does not work probably.

- amet - 2009-10-24

Paulchen Wrote:Hi,

I tried to set the path to the default.py, but the script is installed in Documents & Settings\Application Data....which is normally hidden on Win XP. I enabled the feature, that I can see hidden data, which is possible while browsering through the folders in XP, but browsering in XBMC does not show me the hidden directories. So, I used the skin-hack but I think it does not work probably.

skin hack is for skins that dont have Subtitle button feature. Currently Transparency, Rapier, Aeon-Hitched(and mods of it) and PM3.HD >svn 23729 have support for it.

have you enabled "show hidden files" under settings-->apperance-->view options?

- Paulchen - 2009-10-25

Amet Wrote:have you enabled "show hidden files" under settings-->apperance-->view options?

yep, just right now Rolleyes

Now, I'm using the original stanard pm.h3 skin and I set the script path correctly and everthing works fine, but I don't know how to configure OpenSubtitles like in the first screen in your first post. Trying to configure it with the svn repo installer just brings up the installation wizard.

- amet - 2009-10-25

Paulchen Wrote:yep, just right now Rolleyes

Now, I'm using the original stanard pm.h3 skin and I set the script path correctly and everthing works fine, but I don't know how to configure OpenSubtitles like in the first screen in your first post. Trying to configure it with the svn repo installer just brings up the installation wizard.

On the home menu go to Scripts -- > highlight OpenSubtitles_OSD --> hit "c" on the keyboard--> chose Script settings

Zeljko

- Zrino - 2009-10-27

Hello Željko Smile

The script is awesome ... !!!
I just wanted to ask, can u ad http://www.divx-titlovi.com/ (for movies) or even http://www.prijevodi-online.org/index.php?izbor=serije (for tv shows) in search engine of script. Database of that site is best for our area. I think that u even know for those sites ... puno pozdrava iz Hrvatske Wink

- estuardo - 2009-10-27

Hello Amet, please help me!

I wasn't able to download the latest versions because the latest SVN versions had problems playing video on an AppleTV. Now that version 24020 is out, video problems are solved and I decided to download 1.40. I installed the script, I enabled the use of the subtitles button on the default theme, I went to Opensubtitles_OSD and changed the settings, enabled debug, went to show hidden files and folders, and then I went to the scripts section of the skin options and enabled the "show the subtitles button" and when I go to write down the path, the screen come empty. No chance to change anything, just a blank screen, and the ok, cancel and new folder buttons. I'm doing every thing as you say. What do you recommend? Change my skin to Transparency!? Any other solution?

Thank you for your help.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-27

Zrino Wrote:Hello Željko Smile

The script is awesome ... !!!
I just wanted to ask, can u ad http://www.divx-titlovi.com/ (for movies) or even http://www.prijevodi-online.org/index.php?izbor=serije (for tv shows) in search engine of script. Database of that site is best for our area. I think that u even know for those sites ... puno pozdrava iz Hrvatske Wink

Ćao,

it has what "we"(ExYU) are looking for and it might be worth while, but the problem is that it needs API for a script to be able to search the subs. I had a quick look at the sites and couldn't see any info about is. If you are a member there maybe try contacting the admins and ask them if they have API that we could use to search and download.

Mogao bi da se potrudiš i da prevedeš strings.xml na hrvatski Big Grin, pogledaj na prvoj strani ima zip za prevod.

Pozdrav iz Dubai-a

Željko

- Zrino - 2009-10-27

Amet Wrote:Ćao,

it has what "we"(ExYU) are looking for and it might be worth while, but the problem is that it needs API for a script to be able to search the subs. I had a quick look at the sites and couldn't see any info about is. If you are a member there maybe try contacting the admins and ask them if they have API that we could use to search and download.

Mogao bi da se potrudiš i da prevedeš strings.xml na hrvatski Big Grin, pogledaj na prvoj strani ima zip za prevod.

Pozdrav iz Dubai-a

Željko

I translated strings.xml, its on ur mail.
I`ll try to contact admins of site ... maybe thay have needful API Huh

- amet - 2009-10-27

estuardo Wrote:Hello Amet, please help me!

I wasn't able to download the latest versions because the latest SVN versions had problems playing video on an AppleTV. Now that version 24020 is out, video problems are solved and I decided to download 1.40. I installed the script, I enabled the use of the subtitles button on the default theme, I went to Opensubtitles_OSD and changed the settings, enabled debug, went to show hidden files and folders, and then I went to the scripts section of the skin options and enabled the "show the subtitles button" and when I go to write down the path, the screen come empty. No chance to change anything, just a blank screen, and the ok, cancel and new folder buttons. I'm doing every thing as you say. What do you recommend? Change my skin to Transparency!? Any other solution?

Thank you for your help.

gb

I have the same issue on my ATV, I have mentioned it here.

As for the solution,

1. enable subtitle button under skin settings
2. shut down your XBMC on AppleTV
3. find "guisettings.xml" in your ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
4. Make a backup of it
5. open it and add the following under other "setting type="string" name=" lines but before </skinsettings>:

for Transparency!
PHP Code:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.subsscript_path">/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py</setting

For PM3.HD(default theme)
PHP Code:
<setting type="string" name="PM3.HD.subtitlescript_path">/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py</setting

6. save the file and start XBMC

Cheers
Zeljko

- amet - 2009-10-28

Zrino Wrote:I translated strings.xml, its on ur mail.
I`ll try to contact admins of site ... maybe thay have needful API Huh

Thanks Smile

Check your e-mail.

Zeljko