Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- estuardo - 2009-10-28

Amet Wrote:I have the same issue on my ATV, I have mentioned it here.

As for the solution,

1. enable subtitle button under skin settings
2. shut down your XBMC on AppleTV
3. find "guisettings.xml" in your ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
4. Make a backup of it
5. open it and add the following under other "setting type="string" name=" lines but before </skinsettings>:

for Transparency!
PHP Code:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.subsscript_path">/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py</setting

For PM3.HD(default theme)
PHP Code:
<setting type="string" name="PM3.HD.subtitlescript_path">/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py</setting

6. save the file and start XBMC

Cheers
Zeljko

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I've followed the six steps you listed. I started XBMC, went to the skin script setting and tried to write the path. I still have a blank Home screen. I went to watch a video, but nothing happens if I click on the subtitle button. Anything else I should be doing? This is really frustrating. As others said on the other thread, you win some, you lose some. But I really want to have Opensubtitles_OSD to work!

Thank you for your help.

- amet - 2009-10-28

estuardo Wrote:Hello, thank you for your answer.

I've followed the six steps you listed. I started XBMC, went to the skin script setting and tried to write the path. I still have a blank Home screen. I went to watch a video, but nothing happens if I click on the subtitle button. Anything else I should be doing? This is really frustrating. As others said on the other thread, you win some, you lose some. But I really want to have Opensubtitles_OSD to work!

Thank you for your help.

once you add the line to Xml file do not atempt to set the path again. Important part is to have XBMC shut down while you edit the file. if all fails install Rapier or aeon-hitched skin, it has the script path hardcoded.

Zeljko

- estuardo - 2009-10-28

Amet Wrote:once you add the line to Xml file do not atempt to set the path again. Important part is to have XBMC shut down while you edit the file. if all fails install Rapier or aeon-hitched skin, it has the script path hardcoded.

Zeljko

Hello,

I installed Rapier and it solved all my problems. I finally can enjoy video without stuttering and subtitles. My only wish now is that you can add a site with more subtitles like tvsubtitles.net, as they have more subtitles than any other site I known.

Thank you very much for your help.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-28

estuardo Wrote:Hello,

I installed Rapier and it solved all my problems. I finally can enjoy video without stuttering and subtitles. My only wish now is that you can add a site with more subtitles like tvsubtitles.net, as they have more subtitles than any other site I known.

Thank you very much for your help.

gb

good to know that you have fixed your problem.

tvsubtitles has database of 86415 + 45827 on moviesubtitles , opensubtitles has about 6 times that (921570) Smile

Zeljko

- estuardo - 2009-10-28

Amet Wrote:good to know that you have fixed your problem.

tvsubtitles has database of 86415 + 45827 on moviesubtitles , opensubtitles has about 6 times that (921570) Smile

Zeljko

Yes, but when is time to find a subtitle for a show transmitted the night before, there is no better place to find the subtitle than tvsubtitles.net (IMHO). For example, less popular series like Accidentally on Purpose on tvsubtitles.net has English subtitles for all aired episodes, but I cannot find subtitles with neither of the three options offered with Opensubtitles_OSD.

But I guess it is just a matter of entering manually the search. I will try that.

Thank you for your help. Do you know if tvsubtitles has an API? How hard is to program a script for it? Maybe I can help.

gb

- amet - 2009-10-28

estuardo Wrote:Yes, but when is time to find a subtitle for a show transmitted the night before, there is no better place to find the subtitle than tvsubtitles.net (IMHO). For example, less popular series like Accidentally on Purpose on tvsubtitles.net has English subtitles for all aired episodes, but I cannot find subtitles with neither of the three options offered with Opensubtitles_OSD.

But I guess it is just a matter of entering manually the search. I will try that.

Thank you for your help. Do you know if tvsubtitles has an API? How hard is to program a script for it? Maybe I can help.

gb

adding another service is not too much of a hassle if they have the API. Find out and maybe we can do something about it.

Cheers
Zeljko

- amet - 2009-10-28

Note to XBOX users:

as Bram77 has discovered, disabling "Search for subtitles in RAR" under XBMC -->settings -->Video --> Subtitles helps with activating the subs after download.

This will change after SVN 24094 as the feature is now enabled by default and the radio button will be removed.

if you decide to update to the SVN version higher than 24094 the script might not work properly.

Zeljko

- jessex- - 2009-10-30

when clicking subtitles file script start downloading and extracting, but gets stuck to the "extracting subtitles" part. what´s wrong?

-jesse

- amet - 2009-10-30

jessex- Wrote:when clicking subtitles file script start downloading and extracting, but gets stuck to the "extracting subtitles" part. what´s wrong?

-jesse

post the log

- wild_oscar - 2009-10-31

Hey,

I installed the script and put the PM3.HD skin folder in /usr/share/xbmc/scripts.

Is it normal for the subtitle select screen to look transparent, like: http://tinypic.com/r/23hmvdh/4 ?

- amet - 2009-10-31

wild_oscar Wrote:Hey,

I installed the script and put the PM3.HD skin folder in /usr/share/xbmc/scripts.

Is it normal for the subtitle select screen to look transparent, like: http://tinypic.com/r/23hmvdh/4 ?

No, It doesnt look right.

why did you put the PM3.HD skin folder in /usr/share/xbmc/scripts?

try using the SVN installer and if you are on newer XBMC all you need is to enable the Subtitle button and choose the path to the script. no need to do the skin hack.

Please post the log, it might reveal what is wrong.

Zeljko

- Burke - 2009-11-01

Hi Zeljko Wink

First of all I just wanted to say that (for me) your plug puts this project on a higher level....

here is my setup:
system: Win xp
XBMC: build R24035
Skin: mediastream_redux_mod 1.1.6

I wont to have flags for movies....so I cant use mediastream

Problem is when I try to start the script...it says I have to go through OSD...but when I run it from there I get a lot of eng subs, some serbian....
I really nead croatian + serbian...but can not configure script (like I could in1,28 ver). Also what do I need to do to have podnapisi net ?

Thanx in advance

Also have you ever chekted site http://www.divx-titlovi.com/ for subs.....before I used XBMC I downloaded most of my subs from there

Sorry for my english

pozdrav

- amet - 2009-11-01

Burke Wrote:Hi Zeljko Wink

First of all I just wanted to say that (for me) your plug puts this project on a higher level....

here is my setup:
system: Win xp
XBMC: build R24035
Skin: mediastream_redux_mod 1.1.6

I wont to have flags for movies....so I cant use mediastream

Problem is when I try to start the script...it says I have to go through OSD...but when I run it from there I get a lot of eng subs, some serbian....
I really nead croatian + serbian...but can not configure script (like I could in1,28 ver). Also what do I need to do to have podnapisi net ?

Thanx in advance

Also have you ever chekted site http://www.divx-titlovi.com/ for subs.....before I used XBMC I downloaded most of my subs from there

Sorry for my english

pozdrav

The settings menu has changed in version > 1.28.

Look on the first page of this thread, but in short, go to scripts menu highlight OpenSubtitles_OSD and hit "c" on the keyboard(or mouse right click), select script menu.

you can enable Podnapisi.net under Settings menu, you will need the username and password for it.

http://www.divx-titlovi.com doesnt have the API, Zrino is trying to contact the admins of divx-titlovi about it.

Pozdrav, i ne brini za engleski.... Smile
Zeljko

- Burke - 2009-11-01

Thamks man, Wink

I am only workong with remote over lirc client....did not enem konow abut c button (stupid).

everything works like a charm right now......and your plug is absolutly grat! Nod

This whole project is out of this world and work that you guys do is just great. I just wih there were more people like you who are ready to help new commers and as who are not at home with scripts and stuf... geting awnser to a question can be realy hard on this forum...but not from you

thak you so much

Iskerno hvala, Siniša

- amet - 2009-11-01

Burke Wrote:Thamks man, Wink

I am only workong with remote over lirc client....did not enem konow abut c button (stupid).

everything works like a charm right now......and your plug is absolutly grat! Nod

This whole project is out of this world and work that you guys do is just great. I just wih there were more people like you who are ready to help new commers and as who are not at home with scripts and stuf... geting awnser to a question can be realy hard on this forum...but not from you

thak you so much

Iskerno hvala, Siniša

No problem Smile

Let me know if you need any more help.

Pozdrav iz Dubai-a
Zeljko