Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- Meez - 2009-08-19

i noticed in the skin hack for PM3.HD/PMIII that the subtitles button replaces the dvd menu button. i was playing a full dvd from my network, but couldn't get back to the dvd menu because the button is replaced with the subtitles button. i use a controller and do not have a remote.

any chance to add both buttons to the videoosd.xml? maybe add the dvd menu button to the right side of the osd?

thanks!

- amet - 2009-08-19

Meez Wrote:i noticed in the skin hack for PM3.HD/PMIII that the subtitles button replaces the dvd menu button. i was playing a full dvd from my network, but couldn't get back to the dvd menu because the button is replaced with the subtitles button. i use a controller and do not have a remote.

any chance to add both buttons to the videoosd.xml? maybe add the dvd menu button to the right side of the osd?

thanks!

http://www.exhibit-a.co.za/XBMC/videoosd.xml.zip try that...

NOT tested .... Sad ... I dont have any DVD around at work.

Zeljko

- illiac4 - 2009-08-19

The searching throught SMB on v1.22 is not working. I have PM you the log. In the log file i have also reproduced the error with starting the script throught script (not OSD). Usefull to reset the settings. So all this should be in the log file i have PM to you.

Cheers

- ronie - 2009-08-19

Amet Wrote:The problem you are having is VideoOSD.xml is not sending enough arguments.

that was it!
thanx a lot Amet, and thanx for the great plugin.

cheers.

- amet - 2009-08-19

ronie Wrote:that was it!
thanx a lot Amet, and thanx for the great plugin.

cheers.

Glad you worked it out.... Smile

How long before you release the skin?

Zeljko

- Meez - 2009-08-19

Amet Wrote:http://www.exhibit-a.co.za/XBMC/videoosd.xml.zip try that...

NOT tested .... Sad ... I dont have any DVD around at work.

Zeljko

thats for PM3.HD, but i made one for PMIII and it works great.!

http://uploading.com/files/LC0OQU5Z/VideoOSD.rar.html

- illiac4 - 2009-08-19

Amet Wrote:as I said, the search string is created from the name on the OSD.

for example: I have a movie "Twilight.[2008].PREMIERE.DVDRIP.XVID.[Eng]-DUQA.avi"

if the movie is in the library the search string is Name > Twilight, Year >2008

if the movie is not in a Library it will try and find out the name and year in which case it will be the same....

The "dvdrip", "hdtv", "cam" or so would be taken out of the search string

see the search string...thats what gets sent to the search server...

when the search results are returned it displays "59 subtitles found for "Twilight.[2008].PREMIERE.DVDRIP.XVID.[Eng]-DUQA.avi" "
The reason I left it there as the full name of the file is that I thought it's easier to match the subtitle if you know the real name of the file. It can be changed so it displays "Twilight (2008)" provided that you have the movie in Library.

searching for TvShows is a bit more complicated but if your TV show is displaying correctly in your library and the XBMC has recognized it as TvShow with season and episode name, it will create the appropriate search strings for OpenSubtitles and Sublight as they are not the same.

User input is doable but I just dont think its needed if you are using XBMC to its full potential.

Zeljko

Hi well i still have something to say here. I do not agree completely with you Wink well for example if you download one video file released by one of the group for example lets take 'Night.at.the.Museum.Battle.of.the.Smithsonian.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-DEViSE' well the original name of the file released by this group is 'devise-themusdvd.avi' so if you do not change manually the file name, then the searching without hash will return no results. The only way to bypass this would be to manually have the abillity to change the search string.

I hope you know what i think. Of course if the hash searching would work than these feature will not be needed so often, but sometimes it still would be. at the moment until the hash over SMB is not working it would make this very useful feature.

Cheers

- amet - 2009-08-19

illiac4 Wrote:Hi well i still have something to say here. I do not agree completely with you Wink well for example if you download one video file released by one of the group for example lets take 'Night.at.the.Museum.Battle.of.the.Smithsonian.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-DEViSE' well the original name of the file released by this group is 'devise-themusdvd.avi' so if you do not change manually the file name, then the searching without hash will return no results. The only way to bypass this would be to manually have the abillity to change the search string.

I hope you know what i think. Of course if the hash searching would work than these feature will not be needed so often, but sometimes it still would be. at the moment until the hash over SMB is not working it would make this very useful feature.

Cheers

Hi,

I just setup the smb://drive to test this and it is working for me...from mac to pc over network... not sure how to replicate problems you are having...

I will see what I can do for the manual input....

Zeljko

- illiac4 - 2009-08-19

Hi!

Well after your last post i have made some additional tests. I assume you were testing over SMB with OpenSubtitles. Well this one is working over samba, but sublight dost not return anything, it just hangs at searching subtitles. This you have already in my .log file.

The second is that the script returns error if you try to search the subtitle for the video file that is compressed in .rar (originally released by groups).

Cheers

- amet - 2009-08-19

illiac4 Wrote:Hi!

Well after your last post i have made some additional tests. I assume you were testing over SMB with OpenSubtitles. Well this one is working over samba, but sublight dost not return anything, it just hangs at searching subtitles. This you have already in my .log file.

The second is that the script returns error if you try to search the subtitle for the video file that is compressed in .rar (originally released by groups).

Cheers

It returned hash search for both services for me over smb, not sure what is the problem on your side, I will see if I can replicate the problem here, .... as far as rar goes, you are trying to calculate hash for a rar file, not sure that is possible.

Zeljko

- ronie - 2009-08-19

Amet Wrote:Glad you worked it out.... Smile

How long before you release the skin?

i really don't have a release schedule. ;-)

a rough estimate would be, in two weeks.

- amet - 2009-08-19

ronie Wrote:i really don't have a release schedule. ;-)

a rough estimate would be, in two weeks.

Great!!!

I have been using the current one on AppleTv but it seems a bit slow, like it lags a bit. It seems that ATV's 1ghz chip is not good enough for anything other than MediaStream. anyone else complained about it?

Zeljko

- amet - 2009-08-20

illiac4 Wrote:Hi!

Cheers

I have just been testing with Bram, he is on XBOX over Samba. The solution is to use OpenSubtitles_OSD_XBOX, that version disables hash search for smb drives.
It will search by name, and if you have a movies stored locally it will do a hash search as well.

I am sorry about that but it is out of my control, apparently it is a known problem with XBOX. Sad

Zeljko

- ronie - 2009-08-20

Amet Wrote:Great!!!

I have been using the current one on AppleTv but it seems a bit slow, like it lags a bit. It seems that ATV's 1ghz chip is not good enough for anything other than MediaStream. anyone else complained about it?

Zeljko

nope, not at all.
even xbox users are saying the skin runs pretty smooth.

- Bram77 - 2009-08-20

ronie Wrote:nope, not at all.
even xbox users are saying the skin runs pretty smooth.

Second that, one of the smoothest Smile