Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Video Fanart Splitter Script - Movie and TV Show FanArt Seperation (/showthread.php?tid=56153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- maseatx - 2011-05-26

yes this is correct
im just now setting up my tv shows library and there is fanart when browsing

- maseatx - 2011-05-26

im pretty sure that its an issue of the files not getting split from the original "thumbnails" folder but i cant find out why this would be happening

- maseatx - 2011-05-26

ok i dont know how but i ran the script from the "programs" menu a few time and it got 2 out of the 3 shows fanart. so i guess its kinda workingHuh

- ronie - 2011-05-26

maseatx Wrote:ok i dont know how but i ran the script from the "programs" menu a few time and it got 2 out of the 3 shows fanart. so i guess its kinda workingHuh

my best guess is, since you're just setting up your tv show library, that the fanart images hadn't been cached yet.

- maseatx - 2011-05-27

maybe
i waited awhile before "complaining" but they never came up so my last ditch was to just click away to launch the script and finally i have fanart
thanks for you time ronnie

- arshlan - 2011-06-02

Hi,

I'm quite new to all this and been trying to make this script work for a few hours now with no results.

I'm using dharma 10.1 and aeon mq2 theme on windows 7 x64.

I wanted to get random backdrop to work on main menu and it seems that it needs this script in order to work (without it, it's just greyed out).
I tried several versions (0.20,0.25...) but everytime it gives me the same issue.I also tried to make several changes in the default file as someone said a few posts ago with no results as well (tried changing ports as well).

Here is the log:
Code:
02:56:31 T:2188 M:2889748480  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
02:56:34 T:2188 M:2888777728   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
02:56:34 T:2188 M:2888777728   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
02:56:34 T:2188 M:2888765440   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Ido\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.video-fanart-splitter\default.py", line 78, in ?
                                                each = getCrc(cur_raw.split("</field><field>")[0][7:] + cur_raw.split("</field><field>")[1][:-8])
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

when i try the url given before (http://127.0.0.1:80/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=queryvideodatabase(select%20strPath,%20strFileName%20from%20movieview) )
according to my port, it just shows an empty white page (while just trying 127.0.0.1:80 seems to work by displaying xbmc page).

The thing is even if i remove the sript, i now have an empty black page when i go on tv shows on main menu.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

- ronie - 2011-06-02

have you scanned your movies and tv shows to the library?

the script won't work without a movie / tv shows library.

- arshlan - 2011-06-02

Yes, i only have tv shows for now (new htpc install). About 20 tv shows are in the library and working well in the "Tv show" menu.
I only checked random fanart for tv shows in the aeon mq2 options.

So i really don't know what is wrong.
I looked into the generated folder by the script and it's empty. Doesn't seem to be able to generate fanarts for some reason... Sad

- ronie - 2011-06-02

arshlan Wrote:Yes, i only have tv shows for now (new htpc install). About 20 tv shows are in the library and working well in the "Tv show" menu.

I looked into the generated folder by the script and it's empty. Doesn't seem to be able to generate fanarts for some reason... Sad

the script probably crashes because you don't have a movie library.

the purpose of the script is to split your movie and tv show fanart,
since you don't have any movie fanart, there's basically no need to use this script?

- arshlan - 2011-06-02

You must be right.
I'll try to add some movies and see if it solves the issue.
The only reason i want to use this script is to use the random fanart backdrop. I haven't found any other way to use this option without the script as it's greyed out and unselectable.

I'll try and let you know.

Thanks

- lupick - 2011-06-05

arshlan Wrote:Yes, i only have tv shows for now (new htpc install). About 20 tv shows are in the library and working well in the "Tv show" menu.

I've the same problem!

I've the movies and tv library with all the fanart.

when the script run in notification mode the result looks ok (xxxx movies and yyy thshow fanrt"

but looking into the movied and tv forlder they are empty

L

- Jyujinkai - 2011-06-12

I can not seam to get this to work.. like the script installed fine and I enabled the webserver like ti said and everything and then I ran it and it looked like it worked, as in there was a progress bar for a second...

Now what...

Where exactly are these new folders with the sorted fanart? I am using XBMCLive. I assume it copied the fan art into two folders one for TV and one for film but WHERE is the directory that the script made?

- isamu.dragon - 2011-06-12

Jyujinkai Wrote:I can not seam to get this to work.. like the script installed fine and I enabled the webserver like ti said and everything and then I ran it and it looked like it worked, as in there was a progress bar for a second...

Now what...

Where exactly are these new folders with the sorted fanart? I am using XBMCLive. I assume it copied the fan art into two folders one for TV and one for film but WHERE is the directory that the script made?

XBMC Profile Folder\userdata\addon_data\script.video-fanart-splitter\

Inside that folder are 2 folders ("Movies" and "TV"). In each of these are the fanarts for their type.

- Jyujinkai - 2011-06-12

isamu.dragon Wrote:XBMC Profile Folder\userdata\addon_data\script.video-fanart-splitter\

Inside that folder are 2 folders ("Movies" and "TV"). In each of these are the fanarts for their type.

where though is that in xbmclive install... ?

- isamu.dragon - 2011-06-12

Jyujinkai Wrote:where though is that in xbmclive install... ?
Same Place as the Linux Version
Quote:$HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.video-fanart-splitter/
Remember XBMC Live is a LINUX Distribution. When you cannot find the answer in the online manual (wiki) under XBMC Live, just check XBMC for Linux.

p.s. I'm a windows user, but I have 3 friends that prefer different platforms for theirs (1 uses Mac, 1 uses Ubuntu, and 1 uses Live), I don't mean to be hateful but this was a basic search on the wiki for me.