Kodi Community Forum
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=57227)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- igotdvds - 2009-12-09

[quote=reddragon220]One more for tonight: a login screen. It's very Aeon-esque at the moment. Escaping DJH's influence is pretty tough - especially because he did so many things right. Hopefully it'll become more original with a couple more revisions.

I agree.

- D0nR0s4 - 2009-12-15

Just saw it and it is a very nice clean design. It works great and I think this is very great for users like my mother or sister.

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-16

D0nR0sa Wrote:Just saw it and it is a very nice clean design. It works great and I think this is very great for users like my mother or sister.

Thanks D0nR0sa! If you think it's good right now look forward to the graphical face lift coming down the line! I'll probably have time to start working on Lithium again after the semester winds down tomorrow. Cool

- fwappy - 2009-12-16

By the way, I've moved from XBOX to a PC, so if you have a recent built I'd love to give it a shot, even if not yet optimized. Thanks again.

- D0nR0s4 - 2009-12-17

reddragon220 Wrote:I'll probably have time to start working on Lithium again after the semester winds down tomorrow. Cool
Nice news.
By the way, shouldn't this skin be in the skin development section instead of help and support? Just my opinion.

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-19

fwappy Wrote:By the way, I've moved from XBOX to a PC, so if you have a recent built I'd love to give it a shot, even if not yet optimized. Thanks again.
You'll all get it just as soon as it's ready. Smile I've been pretty good about releasing the alphas as they're done so far.

D0nR0sa Wrote:Nice news.
By the way, shouldn't this skin be in the skin development section instead of help and support? Just my opinion.
Well I never intended the development of it to be that long winded and when I posted it here there was quite a couple other new skins being listed here. If a mod feels like moving and renaming the thread I certainly wouldn't mind.

----

So I managed to accidentally delete the latest version of the photoshop file. Luckily I had an older version so some things are still available and I can always rebuild the lost views since I have been posting the mock-ups.

Here's the full list view:

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-20

Spent all day recreating lost views and some new things have come from it:

A refined context menu:
OSD settings:

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-20

When will an update be available?

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-20

XBMCG33K Wrote:When will an update be available?
Very soon hopefully - I have to recreate the lost art for the dialogue alerts and then revisit the home and settings windows.

p.s. I'm looking forward to Xperience's release! From what I've seen in the preview videos it looks like a very slick and well designed skin.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-21

Ah well that's a drag that what we're seeing isn't current Sad Thanks for all the kind words though man Smile

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-21

XBMCG33K Wrote:Ah well that's a drag that what we're seeing isn't current Sad Thanks for all the kind words though man Smile

Well the last three pictures are actually from the current revision! Smile Today I actually finished up recreating the missing items. Now it's back to working on the home menu again.

Edit: Lithium thread post #100 - Wohoo!

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-21

Two new updates for this morning - the return of the fanart view and the contextual alerts dialogue.

- D0nR0s4 - 2009-12-21

Hi, this gets more and more beautiful.
I think you are doing a really great job and the switch from orange to blue was definetly a great decision, even if I liked the orange one, too. Maybe there is a chance that someone creates both as different color schemes after your done with the blue one.

However, I just thought about maybe getting this skin up to github or svn so we could get more frequent updates, but that's only an idea and I totally understand if that is too much work or if you want to keep the skin private until you are done far enough for a new alpha release.

I really think that your skin can compare with Alaska or Xperience because it's great in a completely different way.

I'm looking forward for the next release.

Edit:
I maybe would move the updating dialogue into the top bar, because it seems to hide parts of the normal views. Maybe you could also place it in a settings dialogue like in one of your earlier mockups.
I definetly like the idea of this screen because it has all the important information in one place but I don't even know if something like this is possible with the skinning engine.

And I guess this picture should be a movies view instead of tv shows right?

Also, is this view still alive? I personally really love it

Oh and as the last thing, how the heck did you get avatar already?

Sorry for all this questions Smile

- reddragon220 - 2009-12-22

D0nR0sa Wrote:Hi, this gets more and more beautiful.
I think you are doing a really great job and the switch from orange to blue was definetly a great decision, even if I liked the orange one, too. Maybe there is a chance that someone creates both as different color schemes after your done with the blue one.
Multiple color options and themes are planned but first I've got to get a finished skin working and out the door. Laugh

D0nR0sa Wrote:However, I just thought about maybe getting this skin up to github or svn so we could get more frequent updates, but that's only an idea and I totally understand if that is too much work or if you want to keep the skin private until you are done far enough for a new alpha release.
There is actually a github for the skin up at http://github.com/reddragon220/Lithium . There just hasn't been much activity right there so far because I've been in the mock-up stage lately. There will probably be a couple updates to the dev tree later today.

D0nR0sa Wrote:I really think that your skin can compare with Alaska or Xperience because it's great in a completely different way.

I'm looking forward for the next release.
Thanks, that's high praise hopefully the skin will be able to live up to it.

D0nR0sa Wrote:Edit:
I maybe would move the updating dialogue into the top bar, because it seems to hide parts of the normal views. Maybe you could also place it in a settings dialogue like in one of your earlier mockups.
That's planned only to be a brief alert when the alert dialogue is first triggered. Afterward it will fade and an icon notification will be available in both the menu bar and the on-screen prefs.

D0nR0sa Wrote:I definetly like the idea of this screen because it has all the important information in one place but I don't even know if something like this is possible with the skinning engine.
Although that screen as it is no longer exists I have plans for the ideas it presented. And it's entirely possible within the confines of the skinning engine.

D0nR0sa Wrote:And I guess this picture should be a movies view instead of tv shows right?
Yup.
D0nR0sa Wrote:Also, is this view still alive? I personally really love it
At the moment I've abandoned it. I may revisit it down the line in a future views update or just release it as a quick mod.

D0nR0sa Wrote:Oh and as the last thing, how the heck did you get avatar already?
It's just a picture I pulled off of themoviedb.com - I'm a fan of James Cameron's movies and it's a beautiful picture so why not throw it into the mock-ups. Smile

D0nR0sa Wrote:Sorry for all this questions Smile
No Problem!
Today's mock-up updates:

- pre1014 - 2009-12-23

looking real good!