Transparency! - v2.01 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Transparency! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+---- Thread: Transparency! - v2.01 (/showthread.php?tid=57253)
Transparency! - v2.01 - ronie - 2009-09-01 16:46
Transparency! v2.11 Released:
Transparency! - A Fanart Skin v2.01
Update to v2.01:
Transparency! v2.01 is a bugfix update only.
- delete the '720p' and 'media' folders from the Transparency! skin folder.
- extract the zip file to the Transparency! skin folder.
- restart xbmc.
I know, it's been 5 weeks since the last release...time for an update i guess.
A lot of code changes have taken place since v1.03, mainly aiming at streamlining the skin as much as possible.
If i didn't make any mistakes, you probably won't notice it...but it may all run a bit smoother (less memory/cpu usage).
Another thing that's changed is the way the recently added script works, it used to run every time you enter the homepage.
Since this was causing annoying temporary lockups for several users, it now only runs once at startup. For the rest,
the script will only run after you have updated your library.
So what's new ?
- subtitle download button for Opensubtitles_OSD script
- skin support for home theater experience script
- new weather layout for weather.com plus plugin
- clicking 'new' in recently added on the home screen takes you to the recently added movies/episodes/albums section
- cdArt on the home screen
- added 'total count' to recently added items on home screen
- the recentlyadded script now only runs at startup and after library update
- fanart view in every section
- options for short and long list in fanart view
- media-info view for ‘now playing’ videos
- added 'play disc' button to player controls
- added settings button to shutdown menu
- added emulators, comics and music videos buttons to home menu
- pic thumb view now shows pictures fullscreen
- options to hide the watched flag in movies, tv shows and music videos
- trailer preview window in slideview
- custom skin transparency level
- new fontset ‘4×3 bold’ (thanx tikkiew)
- several translations (thanx to all translators!)
...and about 50 other changes (check changelog.txt included in the skin)
New users, old info:
What is Transparency!? Short answer: a fanart skin. The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time.
Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature xbmc has to offer. To save everyone a lot of time and trouble hacking the xml code themselves,
all of these new features are already included in the skin, pre-configured and enabled by default (wherever possible).
- Animated backgrounds with slide and zoom effects
- Recently added items on the home screen
- Watch trailers in a preview window in the fanart view (see next post)
- Native and Skin Based Media Flagging for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Genre Folder Icons for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Weather Fanart based on current weather conditions
- Home Weather Background based on current weather conditions
- Animated Weather Icons in Home and MyWeather
- CD / DVD Case
- Horizontal Home Menu
- ClearArt for TV Shows, visible on the info window and when pausing an episode.
- cdArt with added animations
- Configurable Items in the Home Menu
- Fanart in Filemode
- Fanart for Games
- 3D Coverflow view for Artists and Songs
- Fanart view for Songs
- Icon view for Albums (similar to DVD Thumb view)
- Fully hide the Left Menu on all pages, it slides in when needed
Many of these items can be enabled/disabled to your own liking in Skin Settings.
Questions / Problems:
- First thing to do is read the FAQ
- If that leaves your question unanswered, please post it in a new thread.
(please include xbmc version and the plaform you're using. a screenshot and a Debug Log can be very helpful too!)
An up-to-date changelog is available: here.
Thanx to all the translators and bug testers!
Special thanx to dynamix, TheQuestor and Bram77 for hosting Transparency!
And last but not least, a big thanx to Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and to everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.
- ronie - 2009-09-01 16:47
Opensubtitles_OSD download button in the Video Menu:
- download the script here or use the SVN Repo installer
- Settings > Skin Settings > Scripts > Show subtitle script button in OSD
- next, and enter the path to the script
New weather page, using the weather.com plus plugin:
- download the plugin with the SVN Repo installer
- Settings > Weather > Weather Plugin (select weather.com plus)
- Settings > Weather > Plugin Settings
choose a map for "MAP #1 category", pick "local" or one of the "Weather details" entries. this will be used as the radar image on the weather page.
note: currently only "MAP #1" is used in the skin. other maps will be added in the future.
note: on some platforms (linux, there may be others) enabling both 'recently added' and 'weather.com' can cause xbmc to crash!
this is not a skin issue, it needs to be fixed by xbmc. keep an eye on these trac tickets for fixes:
update: the issue is fixed in xbmc svn23731
Home Theater Experience script integration:
- download the script with the SVN Repo installer
- Settings > Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable Home Theater Experience script
enabling this script will add a "Theater" button to the movie info screen, you can use this button to launch the script.
note: you will need to setup the script first!
- jpf55 - 2009-09-01 17:00
Congratulations, you are ahead of schedule
downloading it now, can't wait
- grupy - 2009-09-01 17:25
Very nice surprise to see 2.0 out so soon!
Congrats and cant wait to test it out!!
- nicoli_k - 2009-09-01 17:54
First of all, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to making this great skin. I love all the new features and the wording of "Disabled menu items" instead of the "No __ Button" which was kind of confusing.
I noticed that after viewing Games (and I suspect Emulators as well, but haven't tested it), whenever you select Programs it would take you to the last viewed game instead of program plugins or other programs you have.
To get around this, I enabled a source in Programs and called it Programs and included program plugins and LinksBoks so that whenever I select Programs it takes me to where I expect to go instead of the last viewed game.
In version 1.03 I was able to edit Home.xml but soon realized hat to make this change it was in Includes_Home.xml. I changed two instances of "<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs)</onclick>" to "<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Programs)</onclick>" and it now works the way I'd expect it to work.
I realize that you can disable the feature to remember the last view, but that is helpful 99% of the time and it would be a pain to lose that functionality just for the Programs button to go where expected.
I'm not sure if this is something that would work for everyone since you would have to create a new source, but I found that it works for me and I thought I'd share it.
Thanks again for this beautiful masterpiece.
media/Textures.xpr - jpf55 - 2009-09-01 19:28
Can I still safely replace the Textures.xpr with your recent media folder.
What did you think of my icons?
- dynamix - 2009-09-01 20:53
Thanks ronie, for giving us another fantastic version. So far all seems good. And although you've build in a lot of new features, it still runs very sweet on the xbox. I'm so glad you still offer support for the xbox.
I wonder one thing: what are the "fanart -" options for in the skin settings?
nicoli_k Wrote:First of all, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to making this great skin. I love all the new features and the wording of "Disabled menu items" instead of the "No __ Button" which was kind of confusing.
Thanks for sharing the fix, nicoli_k! Editing the includes_home.xml did the trick, as i already had my programs in it's own source.
- stokedfish - 2009-09-01 20:58
Dieser Skin wird die Ehre haben, meine neue Asrock Box zu entjungfern!
(no translation needed)
- tikkiew - 2009-09-01 21:04
dynamix Wrote:I wonder one thing: what are the "fanart -" options for in the skin settings?
I also notice that it should be fanart - long and fanart - short.But somehow on the xbox you don't see this.
- ronie - 2009-09-01 22:08
stokedfish Wrote:Dieser Skin wird die Ehre haben, meine neue Asrock Box zu entjungfern!
- ronie - 2009-09-01 22:15
dynamix Wrote:I wonder one thing: what are the "fanart -" options for in the skin settings?
tikkiew Wrote:I also notice that it should be fanart - long and fanart - short.But somehow on the xbox you don't see this.
correct, although i'm not sure why the xbox is omitting the 'long' and 'short' strings.
edit: could you check some of the other Skin Settings pages, like Skin Settings > Icons
is everything displayed correctly there?
edit2: i assume the both of you did read the entire first post
and especially this part: you'll need a svn build (r21919 or up) of xbmc!
i bet that's your problem ;-p
edit3: and since the xbox branch is lagging behind a bit, make that r22038 for xbox users.
- Try4Ce - 2009-09-01 23:16
Hey ronie, wie geht das mit der Games Library wie in dem Screenshot? So wie ich das sehe ist das keine regulaere X-Box Game Library, da es Spiele ala Mirrors Edge, Metal Gear Solid etc gar nicht auf der guten alten Box gibt ^^
Waer schon cool wenn ich wenigstens einfache Eintraege reinmachen koennte, ohne das Spiel starten zu koennen/muessen whatever... Einfach meine kleine persoenliche Library erstellen
- ronie - 2009-09-01 23:24
Try4Ce Wrote:Hey ronie, wie geht das mit der Games Library wie in dem Screenshot? So wie ich das sehe ist das keine regulaere X-Box Game Library, da es Spiele ala Mirrors Edge, Metal Gear Solid etc gar nicht auf der guten alten Box gibt ^^
true, since i'm not a gamer, i just used some random game names....i never thought anyone would notice :-)
i can't tell you how to launch games, but if you want it to look like in the screenshot, here's what to do: put a fanart.jpg and a folder.jpg in the folder of every game....that's it.
there's also a FAQ entry (#13) on how to link the Game menu button on the homescreen to your games folder.
- Try4Ce - 2009-09-01 23:39
Ah okay, thanks a bunch mate
Did you use a plugin like Launcher or just the regular XBMC Setup??
EDIT: Ah found it out already Thanks again, this is kinda cool, even considering u cant launch any games
- ronie - 2009-09-02 00:10
Try4Ce Wrote:Ah okay, thanks a bunch mate
lol, don't ask me, i'm the biggest game n00b on this forum.
i'd say you can run games on an xbox....
Launcher plugin is pretty cool, i use it to launch firefox from within xbmc.
whether or not you can use it to run games or launch emulators, i wouldn't be able to answer. :-)