Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- Hitcher - 2009-09-20

I had that problem but fixed it by adjusting the Custom Mode's 'Zoom Amount' and 'Pixel Ratio', setting it as Default. Then when I went back to Normal and changed them both back to 1.0 everything was fine.

- azido - 2009-09-20

Hitcher Wrote:How do you set the Windowed resolution in these builds?

I've tried editing the guisettings.xml but they overwritten each time I load.

I want to run at 1280x720 but it displays ay 720x480.

it adopts your current desktop size for fullscreen. windowed will always stay at 7220x480. jmarshall mentioned earlier the builds are not able to store custom settings for windowed screens right now, so you can resize by hand, but xbmc won't remember.

- zag - 2009-09-20

DX builds working great here and uses less CPU than the normal builds. Thanks for the great work on this.

- Livin - 2009-09-21

seems like the video playback is dark compared to the GL version... and there is not way to control the video playback contrast/brightness either?

- azido - 2009-09-21

Livin Wrote:seems like the video playback is dark compared to the GL version... and there is not way to control the video playback contrast/brightness either?

did you have a look into video osd while playing?

- ashlar - 2009-09-21

azido Wrote:did you have a look into video osd while playing?
That's not an answer. Or... it's an answer but one that hides what most likely is the real problem. Video levels are probably guilty for this change in brightness between the two versions.

Two things are possible:

1) XBMC handles video levels differently between GL and DX versions (I'd doubt that but still...).
2) The poster's video drivers handle video levels differently between OpenGL and DirectX (and maybe there's a separate driver setting for each).

Edit: Smile Don't want to sound flaming or anything, really! Smile

DX Build Rocks! - eilz - 2009-09-22

After years of using the old XBOX, and almost giving up with XBMC Windows versions, I found and tested the DX Builds, and they are absolutley awesome.

I too have pretty much similar issues to those mentioned on this thread, most pretty minor, but I have a very stable version of XBMC Windows on a very standard PC.

The only other issues I sometimes get, is that it loses my sound card(even though its on-board) and I have to restart, wierd I know.

>>Thank all those involved for creating the DX versions (I haven't tried GL build yet)<<

- stoli - 2009-09-23

Has anyone had good luck with 720 or 1080 mkv files? All I have been able to get throughout the builds is upside down video in the bottom 1/4th of the screen with 720p and the top and bottom 1/4 with 1080.

Thanks,

- kricker - 2009-09-23

I've been playing both 720 and 1080 mkv files without issue most of the time.

- stoli - 2009-09-23

kricker Wrote:I've been playing both 720 and 1080 mkv files without issue most of the time.

Forgive me for I am a moron. Confused

It seems somewhere in the past couple of weeks my path in the xbmcupdater reset to XBMC-updates/ and not XBMC-updates/dx/. All is fine once I install the correct version! Big Grin

Thanks kricker - you at least sent me digging a little further.

- landj9697 - 2009-09-23

I've actually had really good experiences with the DX builds so far. There was one build that caused it to open within a window no matter what, but that went away. I have been able to play back 720 and 1080 files including full Blu-ray backup files (these are not reencoded at lesser bitrates). In fact, on my almost 3 year old test rig, these would not playback smoothly in the GL builds, but work fine in the DX builds.

Specs:
MSI-7260 Mainboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2GB DDR2 Memory
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (186.18)
Vista Vista Ultimate 32-bit (Service Pack 2)
XBMC Build: Kricker's XBMCSetup-Rev23069-dx.exe

http://yfrog.com/1qcars1080j
http://yfrog.com/1qcloverfield1080j

The "Cars" shot is a full quality AVC encode. The dropped frames are from fast forwarding/rewinding...playback is smooth.

The "Cloverfield" file is a full quality VC-1 encode. Notice that there appears to be GPU offloading for the VC-1 playback. This file does seem to have a little weirdness with the audio, as the specs seem to bounce around sometimes, but it's too quick for me to see what's happening. The framerate seems a little low here. I'm wondering if it's because this shot (as most of Cloverfield is) is so shaky. This is the only VC-1 encode that I have to play with.

- rootyb - 2009-09-23

Hitcher Wrote:I had that problem but fixed it by adjusting the Custom Mode's 'Zoom Amount' and 'Pixel Ratio', setting it as Default. Then when I went back to Normal and changed them both back to 1.0 everything was fine.

I can get the aspect ratio correct by setting it to 1.09 (no zoom amount adjustment), and I now have that set as default for all videos, but when I go back to normal, the problem comes back.

- Naser - 2009-09-23

Sorry for triple post but here is my feedback.

Specs:
intel Q6600 quad core running @ 3.3Ghz
4 GB dual channel Ram
Built In Intel X4500HD
SSD 65GB
Running Aeon Hitched & installed both dx & gl versions on top so not a clean install :

DX (23069) v GL(23069)
IDEL_Main menu--------------------------------------------
FPS: 60 v 100
CPU Usage: 6% v 5%

IDEL_Movies Menu------------------------------------------
FPS: 30 v 38
CPU Usage: 7% v 8%

Comments: DX even though running at lower Frames is much smoother while GL jitters a lot when moving around menus & especially scrolling in movies using cover flow.

Im sticking with this build of Direct x.

- azido - 2009-09-23

ashlar Wrote:That's not an answer. Or... it's an answer but one that hides what most likely is the real problem. Video levels are probably guilty for this change in brightness between the two versions.

Two things are possible:

1) XBMC handles video levels differently between GL and DX versions (I'd doubt that but still...).
2) The poster's video drivers handle video levels differently between OpenGL and DirectX (and maybe there's a separate driver setting for each).

hehe.. ok.

jeah well, i did not notice any differences in brightness compared to the gl version. and he asked for the possibility to adjust, so that's why i wanted to make sure he knows where to find that settings.

- Livin - 2009-09-23

ashlar Wrote:That's not an answer. Or... it's an answer but one that hides what most likely is the real problem. Video levels are probably guilty for this change in brightness between the two versions.

Two things are possible:

I looked in the OSD (while playing a video) and do not see any bright/contrast controls like I did in previous GL builds.

I'm using Hitchers AEON and have for months without any issue.

Is there something I'm missing on the location of the bright/contrast level controls?

thx guys!