Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-09-25

visualizers for music! someone please port them.

- Livin - 2009-09-26

mindweaver Wrote:Have anybody noticed that movies are alot darker (really low brightness/gamma) in the new builds?

yes... bright/contrast is ALL MESSED UP

there is no controls to fix it either... the NVidia controls do nothing to help.

I'm going back to GL until this is fixed.

- mcage - 2009-09-26

Livin Wrote:anyone else has jaggies on the slideshow when the pics pan/move? I did not have this issue with the GL version.

Not just in slideshow.. also noticed it in movies

- mindweaver - 2009-09-26

Livin Wrote:yes... bright/contrast is ALL MESSED UP

there is no controls to fix it either... the NVidia controls do nothing to help.

I'm going back to GL until this is fixed.

It seems that the problem occurs in the GL-compiles aswell :/

- Dullie - 2009-09-26

mindweaver Wrote:Have anybody noticed that movies are alot darker (really low brightness/gamma) in the new builds?

It was the first thing I did.. I checked most of my movies with MPC-HC, MediaPortal and the colors are identical with XBMC DX builds... I think there is something wrong with your 0 - 255, 16 - 235 RGB Levels.. Perhaps you need to enable it from your GPU drivers..

- tomcannon - 2009-09-26

Am I the only one having issues scraping TV shows with the newer builds? The only way I am consistently able to scrape TV shows right now is to keep a copy of the latest stable build around just to fire up to scrape new shows.

I'm not having the issue with movie or music scraping.

Also, last night I forgot and tried to update shows on the newest builds. It did some scraping work but nothing showed up in the library. Closed out and fired up stable version and the shows aren't there either and attempting to update the library in stable resulting in no new shows being detected. I fiddle-fucked around with it for an hour or so, gave up and deleted the video database and rescraped all shows and movies via stable version. It worked normally then.

Weird issue, and downright annoyed with myself since I didn't notice what had happened right away and copied the not-working database over my only current backup. Scraping all of that data and verifying everything took hours... *slaps self*

- azido - 2009-09-26

tomcannon Wrote:Weird issue, and downright annoyed with myself since I didn't notice what had happened right away and copied the not-working database over my only current backup. Scraping all of that data and verifying everything took hours... *slaps self*

i'd say that's the downgrade of doing much more than checking it's pure functions on a build that is known as being highly unstable in combination with critical data of a live system.

you should have known better and use a copy of your db to work on Rolleyes

- mindweaver - 2009-09-26

Dullie Wrote:It was the first thing I did.. I checked most of my movies with MPC-HC, MediaPortal and the colors are identical with XBMC DX builds... I think there is something wrong with your 0 - 255, 16 - 235 RGB Levels.. Perhaps you need to enable it from your GPU drivers..

I believe that those level settings is only available for video color settings on Nvidia. And XBMC doesn't use video settings, it uses the color settings for windows/display :/

Karaoke not working - lestat1977uk - 2009-09-26

Anyone else noticed that CDG Karaoke no longer works?

- azido - 2009-09-26

mindweaver Wrote:I believe that those level settings is only available for video color settings on Nvidia. And XBMC doesn't use video settings, it uses the color settings for windows/display :/

not true.

i can set them individually for my ati card or all at once (like in screenshot) and it only affects gl-output (like playing video). desktop does not change color, tested with having xbmc windowed.

- Livin - 2009-09-26

Dullie Wrote:It was the first thing I did.. I checked most of my movies with MPC-HC, MediaPortal and the colors are identical with XBMC DX builds... I think there is something wrong with your 0 - 255, 16 - 235 RGB Levels.. Perhaps you need to enable it from your GPU drivers..

Nope... nothing wrong on the video card driver settings. GL builds work perfectly and so does everything else.

The issue is the DX builds... the video player is not using the native XBMC bright/contrast controls and it also does not use the video card (ATI/Nvidia) settings that are available for separate video playback.

this is a major issue IMO - the video is unwatchable when there are dark scenes in the video. I have moved back to GL builds since it works perfectly and the DX has a couple major problems at the moment... hopefully they will be worked out soon - I'd like to use the DX builds and build a silent, ATOM based PC.

- Dullie - 2009-09-26

Livin Wrote:Nope... nothing wrong on the video card driver settings. GL builds work perfectly and so does everything else.

The issue is the DX builds... the video player is not using the native XBMC bright/contrast controls and it also does not use the video card (ATI/Nvidia) settings that are available for separate video playback.

this is a major issue IMO - the video is unwatchable when there are dark scenes in the video. I have moved back to GL builds since it works perfectly and the DX has a couple major problems at the moment... hopefully they will be worked out soon - I'd like to use the DX builds and build a silent, ATOM based PC.

on the left DX Build and the right MPC HC, EVR custom PS 2.0.. MPC is sharper than xbmc, but regarding colors it is the same..

- Livin - 2009-09-26

Dullie Wrote:Image
on the left DX Build and the right MPC HC, EVR custom PS 2.0.. MPC is sharper than xbmc, but regarding colors it is the same..

Just by looking at the screens you posted I can easily tell the colors are not the same, and the DX video is darker by at least 1 shade if not more... and that is on a well lit scene... do it on a dark scene and see what you get. Plus, I have no idea how you have your 'system' (not video) bright/contrast settings - this can affect things too... mine are set to be accurate, not over bright or high contrast.

- Mshake - 2009-09-26

OS - Win7 32-bit
XBMC DX build 23161...

Video runs okay
Audio runs okay

Screen resolution is the major issue. I can't choose, the xbmc top bar is still visible. And guess it is well known issue, xbmc does not remember.

Got it to show fullscreen by going to windowed, then going full screen but after restart....goes back to zero.

It seems a lot of focus is apparently on DX builds lately. Is it the intention to go full DX only pretty soon?? Just asking as I have not kept up with XBMC windows for a while now. Was using a mac version and also a linux one...but have got a little new atom based pc to play so I'd thought to try a few newer builds.

- Dudu.exe - 2009-09-27

try -fs in the sortcut to make it fullscreen