Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-09-27

in the DX build, does the rendering method make any change?

- Buckster - 2009-09-27

think the DX builds are great - seem to be getting smoother playback than the standard non-DX build

and my PC is not that slow (3.55gig dual-core + 9400 chipset)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-27

Do we know what is going on with the following in new builds?

Karaoke crashes XBMC?

When you press info key on TV or Movies the large thumb is blank, just white, looks like soem sort of overlay?

- gulp - 2009-09-27

Since DX introduction in svn revisions i've a bar at top screen (in DX or GL versions...is the same) always present, also during video reproduction.
Anyone has the same problem?
I've set fullscreen resolution in xbmc settings, and also in the advancedsettings.xml with no luck.

this is an image of the problem...

- nestochi - 2009-09-27

nekrosoft13 Wrote:in the DX build, does the rendering method make any change?

for me it has made a big change in video playback.
i have some 1080 movies that couldn't play (lost frames in an old pc) on older gl versions, and with the current SVN DX play perfectly.
i havent' tested latest SVN GL, maybe it has also improved.

tomcannon Wrote:Am I the only one having issues scraping TV shows with the newer builds? The only way I am consistently able to scrape TV shows right now is to keep a copy of the latest stable build around just to fire up to scrape new shows.

same here. stable build find all my tv shows, but with the current svn build several shows are missing, even with the tvshow.nfo file in the folder.
also some shows are on the list, but can't find episodes.

best regards.

- mkortstiege - 2009-09-27

This is most likely due to a bad <episodeguide> tag in tvshow.nfo. Check your log file, it should report about related problems..

EDIT: Please create a new thread in case you want to discuss this, lets keep this thread clean Wink

- Buckster - 2009-09-27

again only praise from me ...

but please fix the pause/digital sound bug - its very very annoying - requiring a full restart of XBMC

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-09-27

Dullie Wrote:Image
on the left DX Build and the right MPC HC, EVR custom PS 2.0.. MPC is sharper than xbmc, but regarding colors it is the same..

Can you come round and calibrate my screen you seem to have an excellent eye lol Laugh

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-09-27

nestochi Wrote:for me it has made a big change in video playback.
i have some 1080 movies that couldn't play (lost frames in an old pc) on older gl versions, and with the current SVN DX play perfectly.
i havent' tested latest SVN GL, maybe it has also improved.

best regards.

ok, maybe the question wasn't clear, i was talking about auto detect, advance and basic rendering modes.

it seems like the names were just copied from GL build, so do they actually work?

- cotdagoo - 2009-09-27

gulp Wrote:Since DX introduction in svn revisions i've a bar at top screen (in DX or GL versions...is the same) always present, also during video reproduction.
Anyone has the same problem?
I've set fullscreen resolution in xbmc settings, and also in the advancedsettings.xml with no luck.

this is an image of the problem...

i've got the same thing happening since DX builds have been coming out forcing me back to GL or revisions pre-DX. the only way i'm able to get full screen working without the bar at the top is to run xbmc in windowed mode and manually change the screen resolution from windowed to fullscreen. but have to do this every time i restart my htpc.

- joshuass - 2009-09-27

Hey guys,

I made an account here as I really really like the software, and want to help out in some way.

Just an FYI for everyone who has issues with directx files missing (d3dx9_41.dll and the like):

I received this error after doing a fresh install for Vista x64. Instead of just grabbing the file you need, you might want to grab the microsoft download for the DirectX End User Runtime. This worked like a charm and installed all the files I was missing for direct X.
[UPDATE] Seems like this problem was also addressed in the SVN release thread:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35452&page=94

Now, for my user experience:

Initial use is positive with one exception:

If I play a file containing animated/stylized subtitles (as most anime is), the video crawls to a halt. Switching to the GL build, those same subtitles aren't displayed correctly at all (text describing animation movement and timings is displayed along with the subtitles). Thus, I suspect something was updated/changed that isn't specific to the DX build. It is interesting how the two can differ though.

[UDPATE] I just realized I am comparing two different SVN builds. The latest SVN rev23196 exhibits no video slowdown, but both builds exhibit broken subtitles.

I'm going to read through the trac and check out whats changed. And figure out what version I downloaded originally.

Vista x64
Gigabyte 780GM-U2SH
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core
4.00GB RAM

- azido - 2009-09-27

Buckster Wrote:again only praise from me ...

but please fix the pause/digital sound bug - its very very annoying - requiring a full restart of XBMC

you should be aware of the fact this is no "developers, do this, do that" thread - it's only to share what you came up with on those new builds.

i'm pretty sure they know it's broken, but it's up to you to use a current build and live with whatever happens to you due usage.

you should consider using an older build for live situations and newer ones right now only for testing.

- azido - 2009-09-27

joshuass Wrote:Hey guys,

I made an account here as I really really like the software, and want to help out in some way.

actually, this is what i call a really good initial post. thank you.

- cgmark - 2009-09-27

One thing to consider when comparing playback between xbmc and other players is to make absolutely sure you have not enabled any filters or tweaks in the other programs. MP-HC has a ton of things that could be set that will effect the output.

If we could get the ability to use filters from programs like dscaler we could adjust the picture how ever we like.

Has anyone working on XBMC DX looked at the Mad VR renderer. It is entirely DX based and has a lot of the features that are being implemented in the XBMC-DX version. Runs very fast and has a great picture quality.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

- Dullie - 2009-09-27

>>X<<' Wrote:Can you come round and calibrate my screen you seem to have an excellent eye lol Laugh

OMG! You know whats calibration all about..!

Please use the same way you discovered "calibration" and check out "Pixel Shader" and "Edge Enhancement".. You might learn something new..Big Grin