Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- rootyb - 2009-09-30

AnalogKid Wrote:Installed the latest DirectX.

I never download individual dll's.

Same.

- ezhik - 2009-09-30

AnalogKid Wrote:Installed the latest DirectX.

I never download individual dll's (some very nasty sites out there with rogue DLL's! But, interesting to learn it just needs one dll in the distribution. That makes life a LOT simpler (providing they're allowed to redistribute it)

Fair enough, just remember, once opened, keep refrigerated. Not suitable for septic tanks.

- azido - 2009-09-30

ezhik Wrote:Fair enough, just remember, once opened, keep refrigerated. Not suitable for septic tanks.

lol, nice shot Laugh

- warwon - 2009-09-30

I updated last night myself as on my testing machine it appeared to be rather stable.

Biggest issue I notice some tearing small amount of tearing during large pans in movies.

- azido - 2009-10-01

WTF.. slightly offtopic in here, but kind of interesting, too.

ATI supplied driver updates to microsoft, so now my win 7 update routine offers "ATI Technology Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series" as part of the windows update.

not sure if i should download/install them.. any ati user in here that also got this offer and already installed it that can confirm the ATI CCC still works afterwards with that driver?

more likely i would head for new drivers offered by amd.ati.com than microsoft ones.

- ezhik - 2009-10-01

azido Wrote:WTF.. slightly offtopic in here, but kind of interesting, too.

ATI supplied driver updates to microsoft, so now my win 7 update routine offers "ATI Technology Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series" as part of the windows update.

not sure if i should download/install them.. any ati user in here that also got this offer and already installed it that can confirm the ATI CCC still works afterwards with that driver?

more likely i would head for new drivers offered by amd.ati.com than microsoft ones.

No don't download it! I found this update available, thought it maybe just updated some component. It completely upset the CCC and the ATI driver. I ended up removing MS update and having a bit of a job getting the CCC and ATI driver running smooth again.

It's appeared again for me, but now I've put it into the sin bin, ignore it!

- warwon - 2009-10-01

Windows update are using the 9.4 ATI drivers.

Latest version is 9.9...

- Avigrace - 2009-10-01

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Nvidia 7600GTS

Seems to be ok for me, I get the bars down each side but otherwise looks good.

- mcage - 2009-10-01

kricker Wrote:For me I simply removed the -fs from the shortcut. Once the res is set, it will launch full screen from then on without any window title bar.

Unf. that didn't work for me. It worked only once after a fresh install, afterwards, back with the windows bar.

- kricker - 2009-10-01

mcage Wrote:Unf. that didn't work for me. It worked only once after a fresh install, afterwards, back with the windows bar.
Every time you install the -fs gets put back on the shortcut.

- marirs - 2009-10-01

small tweak to get the video window of the dx builds to start in the correct monitor here.

- azido - 2009-10-01

ezhik Wrote:No don't download it! I found this update available, thought it maybe just updated some component. It completely upset the CCC and the ATI driver. I ended up removing MS update and having a bit of a job getting the CCC and ATI driver running smooth again.

It's appeared again for me, but now I've put it into the sin bin, ignore it!

a well-formed "thank you" then from my side.

- azido - 2009-10-01

warwon Wrote:Windows update are using the 9.4 ATI drivers.

Latest version is 9.9...

lol.. it's placed to the windows update as being new since yesterday Huh
damned ms..

- azido - 2009-10-01

marirs Wrote:small tweak to get the video window of the dx builds to start in the correct monitor here.

make sure to add this to a trac ticket so the devs will note your suggestion.

if it works well, it might even go to one of the next svn versions.

- fekker - 2009-10-01

CPU: core 2 @ 2.0ghz
Mem: 4gb
Video: intel mobile 4500hd
Windows 7 32bit (rtm)

XBMC Build r23283
Resolution: 1280x800
DX - UI FPS min 29fps, cpu load 40%
GL - UI FPS min 17fps, cpu load 64%
Max of both varies, both seem to hit 60fps, this is using pm3-hd and just going around in the UI

The biggest difference is that in the directx build the cpu load is down and the FPS never drops into the teens (where very noticeable stuttering occurs)

No playback errors, however i have a very limited set of items on this machine to test with.

Keep up the great work! Very impressive builds.