Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- kay.one - 2009-10-04

LaTropa64 Wrote:Is this problem specific to me?

During playback of 1.78:1 content, it resizes the video from 1920x1080 to about 1755x1080 so there are black bars on the sides. It's only video playback as the GUI always fills the entire monitor.

just saw your post above mine, I have the exact same issue. please let me know if you figured how to solve it.

aspect ratio off - stoli - 2009-10-04

kay.one Wrote:just saw your post above mine, I have the exact same issue. please let me know if you figured how to solve it.

This post should give you a temporary solution until it is fixed properly.

- kay.one - 2009-10-04

stoli Wrote:This post should give you a temporary solution until it is fixed properly.

works so far.

thanks.

- azido - 2009-10-04

ringgh0st Wrote:azido was not right. in windows you cant change brightness through OSD, it only works under linux. sorry man Wink

of course you can. at least it works for my ati card. ( i might add i used an older build (22516))

- azido - 2009-10-04

Arcanthur Wrote:Thanks, I will look in to it

I'm more on about presized resolutions in windowed mode as its easier to code and check results if xbmc is in a window.
Also most widescreen computer monitors are 16:10 so setting a desktop res of 1280x720 (16:9) would be stretched.

I know the intent is to make it easier for general users, thats why a command line option to load it at specific resolutions would be nice. That would effectively "hide" the option from normal users, and devs could simply create shortcuts to load it at different resolutions, ie:

xbmc.exe -windowed -res 1280x720

or

xbmc.exe -fs -res 1280x720

That would be my preference if the option is being taking out of the settings menus.

would be good, but i wouldn't hide that. i'm sure there are other reasons than skinning that would benefit from such a switch - like keeping the windows desktop resolution but want to start xbmc in a predefined resolution.

- ringgh0st - 2009-10-04

azido Wrote:of course you can. at least it works for my ati card. ( i might add i used an older build (22516))

azido. you're right. actually i use build 22503 from 2009.08.30) and the brightness/contrast slider work very well. rocknroll!!! Wink

some months ago it didnt work under windows but under linux.

so. if the directX builts are too dark everyone can set it up easyly through OSD.

- joshuass - 2009-10-04

I too have noticed brightness difference between the two builds. You might be able to offset that by going to your video card's video playback settings and adjust colors/brightness there.

- mindweaver - 2009-10-04

joshuass Wrote:I too have noticed brightness difference between the two builds. You might be able to offset that by going to your video card's video playback settings and adjust colors/brightness there.

still.. video playback settings does not affect XBMC. XBMC reads of the display color settings.

- azido - 2009-10-04

mindweaver Wrote:still.. video playback settings does not affect XBMC. XBMC reads of the display color settings.

seems you didn't read my posting about my ati card experiences? because if i change 3d color/brightness settings (for anything that's gl-rendered) in ati CCC of course it affects video playback in xbmc.

- kricker - 2009-10-06

Changeset 23455
Save the window size on resize. Position is still not saved.
Posting new builds now. Should be up in ~20 minutes.

Edit advancedsettings.xml by adding
Code:
<window>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>xxx</width>
    </window>
Change to whatever size you want the window to be. Save and restart XBMC in windowed mode. Enjoy Wink

Thanks jmarshall.

- azido - 2009-10-06

kricker Wrote:Changeset 23455

After running the new build the first time, exit XBMC. Open guisettings.xml. Look for:
Code:
<window>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>xxx</width>
    </window>
Change to whatever size you want the window to be. Save and restart XBMC in windowed mode. Enjoy Wink

Thanks jmarshall.

actually that's some good news.. thanks for sharing..

- spiff - 2009-10-06

except the bad poo instructions ;P

never edit guisettings.xml directly - that's xbmc's domain as far as edits goes. instead copy those settings to advancedsettings.xml

- azido - 2009-10-06

spiff Wrote:except the bad poo instructions ;P

never edit guisettings.xml directly - that's xbmc's domain as far as edits goes. instead copy those settings to advancedsettings.xml

Rolleyes

that one gets crowed Tongue

- kricker - 2009-10-06

Sorry, didn't know it was that big a deal to edit the file directly. I'll amend my post.

- CrashX - 2009-10-06

kricker Wrote:Changeset 23455

After running the new build the first time, exit XBMC. Open guisettings.xml. Look for:
Code:
<window>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>xxx</width>
    </window>

Thanks jmarshall.

Why arem't you manually resize the window instead of doing it that way .. hmm I wonder why JM didn't add position to it as well ?