Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- kulprit - 2009-10-12

Sounds like we're getting close to being back to usable builds again. This is all sounding great guys.

EDIT: Ok, put it onto my htpc after backing up. Working great by the look of it. Still no adjust refresh rate, however sync playback to display seems to work better. Slower in the menu's, just an overall laggy feeling. But great video playback. Not sure whether to go back to my previous before the merge or not.

- Zippolighter - 2009-10-12

I try a video db export to separate files with images and fanarts and don't overwrite files from a gl installation and from the dx installation (Rev23548)

The export need more time from the dx installation as from the gl installation

GL 09:40 min, DX 14:40 on my Core2Duo E8400 (2*3,00 GHz), NVidia 9600GT

During the export the DX Installation use 10% of the CPU. Is this the correct behavior??

- azido - 2009-10-12

jmarshall Wrote:Animations work just as they always have.

you're sure about that?

as we use "flip animation" (our name for y-rotating of an info window) in our showmix mod whenever a user triggers to play a movie trailer, on recent builds it does not work for playmedia.

this is the code we use:

PHP Code:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="Player.HasVideo" reversible="true">
<
effect type="rotatey" center="465" start="0" end="180" time="800" delay="0"/>
</
animation
now, here's a video that shows how it is intended to work:
Flip animation working on SVN 22528

and here another one where you see what happens on a recent svn:
Flip animation NOT working on SVN 23592

You can see as soon as the user triggers playing the trailer, the flip animation is no longer proceeding. It works good for the stop animation, but not for trigger of playmedia. looks like the "time" entry of effect rotatey (time needed for getting from start to end) simply gets ignored upon trigger of playmedia. this is my conclusion as of watching the second attempt to play a trailer, where you can see the animation effect starts, but gets interrupted too fast.

- neil.j1983 - 2009-10-12

just noticed that subtitles for bluray seem to stay on the screen too long.

i'll try get a log later.

- mitul103 - 2009-10-12

Dudu.exe Wrote:I'm having a huge problem in xbmc, its very slow in recent builds (when changing the fanart, it get better if i turn the fanart off ) . i've tested on v23333

and now on v23548

will try the GL build to see if it is a DX build issue, or its for both versions!

for sure my pc does have changed a bit!

3ghz p4 HT
1gb Ram
Ati 9550

-----------

edit: same behavion in GL verions!

not sure what is happenig!

Ps: im using the theme MediaStream Redux

returned for a older version 232somethink, its working better but not as before dx era!

its very strange becouse video playback is much better but interface is so much worse!

Are you talking about moving through your movie/tv listings being slow and jerky with fanart enabled? If so, I found my solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59498

Please post in there if so. I can provide you with a .exe if you can't compile your own.

- Dudu.exe - 2009-10-12

mitul103 Wrote:Are you talking about moving through your movie/tv listings being slow and jerky with fanart enabled? If so, I found my solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59498

Please post in there if so. I can provide you with a .exe if you can't compile your own.

looks like exacly my problem, i whould love the .exe, thanks very much!

could you make it for dx Rev23658?

- azido - 2009-10-12

hmmm..

23548 dx does not recognize input by my remote?!?

did i miss something?

edit.. ah. nevermind.. i know whats wrong.

- AzzX - 2009-10-13

How hard would it be to port the XBoX DX screensavers and Visualisations just for the Windows platform. Milkdrop shouldn't be too difficult, I'll look into it.

- WiSo - 2009-10-13

I'm not an expert in this area but the main things would be to migrate it from dx8 to dx9 and change the interface a little. I also wanted to take a look at Milkdrop but please go ahead and share your findings Smile

- azido - 2009-10-13

looking at my scrolling texts in a recent dx build textbox makes me think there are more animation settings affected than only that "flip animation" i told about.

actually, a defined scroll speed like 3000 is slower (or at least not as smooth as usual) in a dx build than it was on svn 22516 gl.

- azido - 2009-10-13

WiSo Wrote:I'm not an expert in this area but the main things would be to migrate it from dx8 to dx9 and change the interface a little. I also wanted to take a look at Milkdrop but please go ahead and share your findings Smile

doesn't projectm already use milkdrop presets?

but of course it would be lovely to see the same render quality of those presets like one has in winamp when using milkdrop - there are some really stunning visual presets which just don't look good in projectm.

- WiSo - 2009-10-13

projectM is openGL, Milkdrop is directx. But note that the source is only available for an older version of Milkdrop.

- azido - 2009-10-13

WiSo Wrote:projectM is openGL, Milkdrop is directx. But note that the source is only available for an older version of Milkdrop.

so no pixel shader 2?

Sad

the best visualisations will not run then.

- AzzX - 2009-10-13

ProjectM is only version 1 so no pixel shader 2 with that either.

- azido - 2009-10-13

AzzX Wrote:ProjectM is only version 1 so no pixel shader 2 with that either.

i know. i had hopes the including of a real milkdrop will enable those really cool visualisations available for milkdrop 2.