Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- azido - 2009-10-13

ok back to topic..

what's the deal with the new setting in appearance -> look & feel

"remote control sends keyboard presses"

does this setting replace the as.xml setting "navigatevirtualkeyboard" ? or what is it about..

also: additional "configure audio hardware.." in settings -> video -> player? how many entry points do a user need to set up his audio?

and finally, as we are already on settings: what the heck means "enable edit and decision lists" ?!? everyone i ask has no clue.

- WiSo - 2009-10-13

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/edl.html

- azido - 2009-10-13

yeah, me again, this time with another topic:

seems like sound in videos is a lot quieter than in earlier builds, especially noticeable when compared to the gui-sounds.

- azido - 2009-10-13

WiSo Wrote:http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/edl.html

thanks, that explains a lot. i wonder if anyone uses that feature in xbmc at all?

how would one create such an edl file inside xbmc? i think this can be a cool feature, but not if you have to use a third party app to generate that list first.

- h3llsp4wn - 2009-10-13

By the way - any1 else having trouble while using skip forward or backward during music playback? Whenever I touch the key or remote button XMBC exits without a message ...

H3ll Huh

... and I agree - I have to bump up the volume on video playback too ...

- azido - 2009-10-13

h3llsp4wn Wrote:By the way - any1 else having trouble while using skip forward or backward during music playback? Whenever I touch the key or remote button XBMC exits without a message ...

H3ll Huh

... and I agree - I have to bump up the volume on video playback too ...

skip prev/next and forward/backward on svn 23658 DX works fine here (for mp3 file playback)

music volume is ok, just video is way more quiet.

- kricker - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:thanks, that explains a lot. i wonder if anyone uses that feature in xbmc at all?

how would one create such an edl file inside xbmc? i think this can be a cool feature, but not if you have to use a third party app to generate that list first.
I have used it. Show Analyzer and Comskip I believe, can both scan files and create edls. People who use PVR software often automatically run these apps on their files to help remove or at least easily skip commercials.

- azido - 2009-10-13

kricker Wrote:I have used it. Show Analyzer and Comskip I believe, can both scan files and create edls. People who use PVR software often automatically run these apps on their files to help remove or at least easily skip commercials.

i see.

so that's more for those ppl recording tv-stuff n' sh*t. I always wondered what that setting has to do with dvd playback, as in general most of the options are grouped together somehow Rolleyes

anyway, now i know what it is and i can forget about that setting Wink

- kricker - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:also: additional "configure audio hardware.." in settings -> video -> player? how many entry points do a user need to set up his audio?
It's just a quick jump to audio settings which can be handy sometimes. It's also under music settings. I actually use those quick jumps more than going into its actual location in system. What I saw in trac last night worries me more. It appears (maybe I read the notes wrong) that the pre-amp levels are being moved out of the GUI and into advancedsettings.xml. I use these a lot.

- kricker - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:i see.

so that's more for those ppl recording tv-stuff n' sh*t. I always wondered what that setting has to do with dvd playback, as in general most of the options are grouped together somehow Rolleyes

anyway, now i know what it is and i can forget about that setting Wink
Yeah, I'm not quite sure why it's under DVD, but maybe if the PVR branch ever gets merged it'll move into a pvr section.

- kricker - 2009-10-13

My video volume seems fine, but then again I have to downmix everything to stereo.

- azido - 2009-10-13

kricker Wrote:It's just a quick jump to audio settings which can be handy sometimes. It's also under music settings. I actually use those quick jumps more than going into its actual location in system. What I saw in trac last night worries me more. It appears (maybe I read the notes wrong) that the pre-amp levels are being moved out of the GUI and into advancedsettings.xml. I use these a lot.

Thing is that quick jump never worked in any version of aeon outside the hardware settings and i guess there is already one setting in MUSIC - PLAYER and another one in SYSTEM -> AUDIO HARDWARE? so we have a third entry to audio hardware now. what for? On xbmc.org they're talking about removing unneccessary settings, and in the same breathetake they add duplicates of existing ones Wink

if it was me up to decide, i would rename the MUSIC settings to AUDIO settings and just keep all audio related stuff in it. easy to understand, easy to access.

if you need to readjust your preamp settings a lot, you should think of normalizing your music at creation level..

- kricker - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:Thing is that quick jump never worked in any version of aeon outside the hardware settings and i guess there is already one setting in MUSIC - PLAYER and another one in SYSTEM -> AUDIO HARDWARE? so we have a third entry to audio hardware now. what for? On xbmc.org they're talking about removing unneccessary settings, and in the same breathetake they add duplicates of existing ones Wink

if it was me up to decide, i would rename the MUSIC settings to AUDIO settings and just keep all audio related stuff in it. easy to understand, easy to access.

if you need to readjust your preamp settings a lot, you should think of normalizing your music at creation level..
I think all 3 entry points have always been there haven't they? I think they did it that way because it's not necessarily only related to music or video and it is a system setting. Just renaming music to audio isn't perfect either. there are a lot of settings in there for music stuff (scrapers, library settings, etc.), not just audio setup.

I guess saying a lot is overkill, but I do use it. Miostly when setting up XBMC on a new system and some audio leveling needs to be done. I just like having everything in the GUI instead of having to kill XBMC and edit an .xml file. But this is staying off-topic so I'll just hush now.

- azido - 2009-10-13

kricker Wrote:My video volume seems fine, but then again I have to downmix everything to stereo.

no access to multichannel sound for you? is that your hardware not capable of, or is your build simply not working in passthrough mode?

because i just watched minority report (hd) with dts audio tonight without an issue on dx 23658.. although i'm missing the text "passthrough mode, volume not available" when tried to change volume in xbmc.

- azido - 2009-10-13

kricker Wrote:I think all 3 entry points have always been there haven't they?

strange. i could have sworn the one in video settings wasn't there on an older build ~lol~