Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- kricker - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:no access to multichannel sound for you? is that your hardware not capable of, or is your build simply not working in passthrough mode?

because i just watched minority report (hd) with dts audio tonight without an issue on dx 23658.. although i'm missing the text "passthrough mode, volume not available" when tried to change volume in xbmc.
I just don't have a surround sound system Sad Maybe this Christmas if business picks up.

- Dullie - 2009-10-13

Anyone experiencing frame drops with 23658 DX..?

I am dropping a frame here and there.. I formatted my drive, installed vista again.. thought it was driver issues, heat, a lot of stuff I had to go through to overcome it.. Even then still I am losing a frame or two every few minutes...

- ringgh0st - 2009-10-13

hey there,

first time i installed the latest DX Built today and have to say: IMPRESSIVE Performance boost. nice work. i have no issues with movie quality, speed or anyhting else. everything works wonderful.

but. an old problem comes back (also it was already discussed some posts before): the change brightness slider in the OSD ist gone again. Sad

some more info to my first thread you can find here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54433

is this only happening for me?

- Dudu.exe - 2009-10-13

anyone else having problems with vsync? in the lastest builds?

- dr01dy - 2009-10-13

I had issues with fast forward and backwards movement while a HD movie was playing. At 1 point I got a fatal error and the application crashed. I am using the newest dx build.

- joshuass - 2009-10-13

Dullie, I have had no issues with the 23658 DX in terms of dropped frames/tearing and stuff.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think vsync is stuck on for DX builds right now.

I'll check at home if I have the OSD for changing brightness. But other people have noted that you can do this through your GFX card drivers under the video playback section in either CCC or the NVidia display panel.

dro1dy. If it keeps happening, post in a new thread about the problem your getting along with a pastebin'ed debug log. See the forum stickies on how to do this.

- ringgh0st - 2009-10-13

joshuass Wrote:I'll check at home if I have the OSD for changing brightness. But other people have noted that you can do this through your GFX card drivers under the video playback section in either CCC or the NVidia display panel.

maybe but the OSD slider is much more WYSIWYG you know? Wink

- joshuass - 2009-10-13

Very true! Plus it has the advantage of on-the-fly adjustments that only affect output of XBMC and not of every video that is played back regardless of software (online videos not withstanding). Smile

- Dudu.exe - 2009-10-14

joshuass Wrote:Dullie, I have had no issues with the 23658 DX in terms of dropped frames/tearing and stuff.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think vsync is stuck on for DX builds right now.

I'll check at home if I have the OSD for changing brightness. But other people have noted that you can do this through your GFX card drivers under the video playback section in either CCC or the NVidia display panel.

dro1dy. If it keeps happening, post in a new thread about the problem your getting along with a pastebin'ed debug log. See the forum stickies on how to do this.

the tearing is just anoying, i hope its become a priority

- Dullie - 2009-10-14

joshuass Wrote:Dullie, I have had no issues with the 23658 DX in terms of dropped frames/tearing and stuff.

Thank you for your feedback..

I dont have tearing at all.. What I have is a few frames dropped with annoying lipsync..

If Vsync is stuck on.. Well thats a problem.. Because I have the best results with it disabled and forced off in nvidia settings.. Then again, if its stuck on in XBMC and I m forcing it off in nvidia.. Is it still working..?

Concerning debug logs.. Is complaining about SVN builds allowed? Smile

- azido - 2009-10-14

Dullie Wrote:Is complaining about SVN builds allowed? Smile

complaining wouldn't be wise anyway.

right now the current builds are still more "use at your own risk" than svn builds usually are.

this doesn't change as long as the devs announce it SHOULD be all done regarding the merges. unless then, all we can do is sharing our experiences here.

my guess is they want feedback - of course they do - thats why they jump in here from time to time and even allow us compiling/using those svns - but they don't want the usual bug reports as they know things are broken anyway.

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-14

Dudu.exe Wrote:the tearing is just anoying, i hope its become a priority

Whats the Video card in the machine with Tearing?

- h3llsp4wn - 2009-10-14

Hi there,

mine is an ATI HD 3200 onboard (with tearing).

H3ll.

- AzzX - 2009-10-14

No Tearing on my main PC.

nvidia 9800GTX
Intel Q9450
4 Gig of Ram

Haven't tested my ATI based HTPC, is this specific to one graphic card vendor?

- Hando - 2009-10-14

Bad tearing for me

Ati HD 3870 (audio and vid via HDMI)
Abit An-m2hd mobo
Athlon X2 64 6000 (OC'ed to 3.2)
4gb ram
Win XP sp3

haven't tried forcing vsync on in driver panel yet though - might try that. However lack of adjust refresh rate is stopping me from having DX build as the default xbmc client for now.