Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- raven - 2009-10-19

joshuass Wrote:If anyone is having problems resuming playback after hitting <space>, disable navigation sounds. This is a problem that was discussed earlier on (pure virtual call error after resuming playback of video with digital sound). You can also remap <space> to the function controlled by

Hello again.

I've disabled the navigation sounds and it's working well.

Thanks

- azido - 2009-10-19

joshuass Wrote:If anyone is having problems resuming playback after hitting <space>, disable navigation sounds. This is a problem that was discussed earlier on (pure virtual call error after resuming playback of video with digital sound). You can also remap <space> to the function controlled by <p>.

EDIT: ADDED:
I played a 13gb Startrek (2009) encode which played flawlessly in the DX build of 23658. Big Grin

mh.. that might be a short time solution, but i for myself do not want to disable navigation sounds just to be able to resume after pause.

seems like the setting "use navigation sounds during media playback" was removed, too?

- joshuass - 2009-10-19

I think I still have the SVN number that was the last version where nav sounds worked if anyone wants to see what was changed (I think it was 21248, but will check when I get home).

- kricker - 2009-10-19

I've got nav sounds turned on now and the pausing with "p" or "space" is not causing issues.

rev. 23796

- paco - 2009-10-19

kricker Wrote:I've got nav sounds turned on now and the pausing with "p" or "space" is not causing issues.

rev. 23796

The reason you have no issues with Space and Navigation sounds enabled is because your audio output is set to Analog. If you switch to Digital from rev. 23796 and above AC3 and DTS passthrough no longer work.

I have done testing with the last release where Digital Audio worked (23739) and pressing space WITH navigation sounds enabled still causes the "R6025 - pure virtual function call error". With 23739 if I disable Navigation sounds, I can press Pause (space) to my heart's content. Most people who aren't experiencing the Pause (space) issue are using Analog audio. My workaround has been to map my Imon software to the 'P' button. It behaves the same but it doesn't crash.

Once last note, I tried your 23851 release and it has a corrupt d3dx9_41.dll. I replaced it with the version I had previously and the program worked. Here is the error: Bad Image - 'd3dx9_41.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.'

Everything else aside, thanks for all the releases kricker. I look forward to them!

- kricker - 2009-10-19

paco Wrote:The reason you have no issues with Space and Navigation sounds enabled is because your audio output is set to Analog. If you switch to Digital from rev. 23796 and above AC3 and DTS passthrough no longer work.

I have done testing with the last release where Digital Audio worked (23739) and pressing space WITH navigation sounds enabled still causes the "R6025 - pure virtual function call error". With 23739 if I disable Navigation sounds, I can press Pause (space) to my heart's content. Most people who aren't experiencing the Pause (space) issue are using Analog audio. My workaround has been to map my Imon software to the 'P' button. It behaves the same but it doesn't crash.

Once last note, I tried your 23851 release and it has a corrupt d3dx9_41.dll. I replaced it with the version I had previously and the program worked. Here is the error: Bad Image - 'd3dx9_41.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.'

Everything else aside, thanks for all the releases kricker. I look forward to them!
I set my audio to digital to test with and I got no error. Although since I have no digital sound system, I have no idea if sound was being output.

Can you PM me to send me your .dll. I want to see the difference.

- LeechNL - 2009-10-19

I can confirm the dll problem. I just installed the latest dx build (using .exe method) and I got this error. I tried updating DirectX, but I already have the latest build, so no updating is possible...

- kricker - 2009-10-19

Just pull the .dll all together. If you got the latest direct x you wont need it. I'm thinking now I'll just remove it altogether and let the user take care of it themselves.

- LeechNL - 2009-10-20

I copy/pasted the .dll from my system dir, and then the error dissapeared.

- kricker - 2009-10-20

If you got it in your system directory you wont need it in the XBMC folder. I think the error may come from the fact that there seems to be more than on version of that .dll from MS. The one I was using conflicts with other versions and gives the error. Since I won't know who has what, I'm just no longer going to include it.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-10-21

few days ago i started uisng XBMC on my laptop as well.

my laptop has resolution of 1440x900, which is 16:10 resolution. How can I get the GUI in DX build of XBMC to display with bars on top and bottom, instead of stretching it to fill the screen?

- ashlar - 2009-10-21

What videocard are you using? There should be options for managing the scaling of the card.

- joshuass - 2009-10-21

Quote:What videocard are you using? There should be options for managing the scaling of the card.

Yea most new cards these days support GPU scaling on the monitor. Though, you also have to tell it hold a certain aspect ratio (16:9) and not stretch.

- tiben20 - 2009-10-21

Just to let everyone know i worked a lot this week on the implementation of a player which is almost able to use the dxva(Direct x video acceleration) The player is based on Mpc-hc dx9allocatorpresentor.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59610
i still have some issue of some bug i need to figure out but a big part of it is working

- azido - 2009-10-21

@ devs:

i found that in current svns (dunno if that happened earlier) when exporting video database to separate files including fanart and thumbs, but NOT overwriting existing entries, xbmc still writes all the actor thumbs of all entries again.

can you add these actor thumbs not to be overwritten, too? on huge libraries adding stuff for example for only one show and writing to hd takes much extra time for adding actor thumbs again.

thanks..

ps: do i need to add a ticket?