Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- azido - 2009-10-25

mindweaver Wrote:If I remove the RecentlyAdded.py file from skins folder I can navigate Aeon after startup. But with it there, navigation is broken.

still no answer why it seems to work for jonathan, but not for us. plus, no change done on recently added while it's working on 23739 and not on 23976.

last, but not least aeon showmix has no recently_added.py.

but i agree that BOTH, recently added widget (and totals widget) AND keyboard LEFT/RIGHT arrow & ENTER do not work on builds >23739 at startup.

- azido - 2009-10-25

KoTiX Wrote:There is also another fact that I noticed:
Start xbmc and keyboard doesn't work, then switch window using ALT-TAB (eg. go in explorer) then switch again to xbmc using ALT-TAB and keyboard work.
Looks like that keyboard start working after the window is bringed to front, but not on startup.
Somebody experience the same thing?

you get the same when you enable the mouse and just klick into xbmc window, or after you hit UP or DOWN arrow.

- stoli - 2009-10-25

@azido: see what happens with builds after r23992. There were some issues that I encountered with autoexec.py that are now resolved that have been broken since 23739 as well. This change may impact other python scripts that run in the interface as well as the autoexec.py (recently added, etc).

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

stoli Wrote:@azido: see what happens with builds after r23992. There were some issues that I encountered with autoexec.py that are now resolved that have been broken since 23739 as well. This change may impact other python scripts that run in the interface as well as the autoexec.py (recently added, etc).

OK, so I updated to 23973 DX.. (Waiting for Kricker to update DX to a newer one).

Launch XBMC with Aeon Showmix skin - "Movies" is highlighted by default. Now, using Logitech Harmony + EventGhost:
* Pressing enter, left, right does nothing, but the button/navigation sound does play
* Pressing "S" for Settings menu works
* Notice that Movie Totals display does not show anything - "Movies: | Watched: | Unwatched: " and "Recently Added" does not appear.
* Now press down (or up) arrow, Recently Added List comes up, but no movies are listed. Note that in Aeon Showmix, this list only comes up when you press up, not down. Pressing down is supposed to display the submenu instead.
* After this, Enter, Up, Down, Left, Right all work properly. Eg. Press Down on Movies brings up the sub-menu. But, Movie Totals are still wrong, and Recently Added still does not appear.
* Press Enter to go into Movie Library. See Library appear.
* Press Exit to go back to Home. Now, Movie Totals and Recently Added does work correctly.

I've repeated the above many times. And yes, maybe this is related to some py problem somewhere.

- azido - 2009-10-25

patkhoo Wrote:OK, so I updated to 23973 DX.. (Waiting for Kricker to update DX to a newer one).

Launch XBMC with Aeon Showmix skin - "Movies" is highlighted by default. Now, using Logitech Harmony + EventGhost:
* Pressing enter, left, right does nothing, but the button/navigation sound does play
* Pressing "S" for Settings menu works
* Notice that Movie Totals display does not show anything - "Movies: | Watched: | Unwatched: " and "Recently Added" does not appear.
* Now press down (or up) arrow, Recently Added List comes up, but no movies are listed. Note that in Aeon Showmix, this list only comes up when you press up, not down. Pressing down is supposed to display the submenu instead.
* After this, Enter, Up, Down, Left, Right all work properly. Eg. Press Down on Movies brings up the sub-menu. But, Movie Totals are still wrong, and Recently Added still does not appear.
* Press Enter to go into Movie Library. See Library appear.
* Press Exit to go back to Home. Now, Movie Totals and Recently Added does work correctly.

I've repeated the above many times. And yes, maybe this is related to some py problem somewhere.

exact the same behaviour like for my setup. though that "empty" recently added thing only happens when i try to push up/down too fast after startup.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:exact the same behaviour like for my setup. though that "empty" recently added thing only happens when i try to push up/down too fast after startup.

Nope.. (EDIT: I meant mine is empty even if I don't press anything at all for a while). It stays empty until after I've gone into the Movie Library at least once. Then all the movie totals etc work fine. It feels as if the movie information (stats/adds/etc) are not initialized (yet) when the widgets access that information on XBMC startup. Once you've gone into the library once, then the information is "cached" somehow and it is available for display. Tres strange..

- phunqe - 2009-10-25

Ok I managed to get rid of the stuttering on a secondary display by using the compatibility modes "disable visual themes", "disable desktop composition" and "disable display scaling on high DPI settings".

I would still like to know on how to launch XBMC on the correct monitor though. I've read some old HOWTO's involving ultramon but they are supposed to be deprecated by the built in function, which I cannot get to work.

- azido - 2009-10-25

phunqe Wrote:Ok I managed to get rid of the stuttering on a secondary display by using the compatibility modes "disable visual themes", "disable desktop composition" and "disable display scaling on high DPI settings".

I would still like to know on how to launch XBMC on the correct monitor though. I've read some old HOWTO's involving ultramon but they are supposed to be deprecated by the built in function, which I cannot get to work.

what makes your setup so special that you don't get the built in resolution setting "some size @some hz #2" to work? are you still trying to place the windowed mode on screen 2? why not fullscreen?

- azido - 2009-10-25

patkhoo Wrote:Nope.. (EDIT: I meant mine is empty even if I don't press anything at all for a while). It stays empty until after I've gone into the Movie Library at least once. Then all the movie totals etc work fine. It feels as if the movie information (stats/adds/etc) are not initialized (yet) when the widgets access that information on XBMC startup. Once you've gone into the library once, then the information is "cached" somehow and it is available for display. Tres strange..

i was referring to pressing down on movies shortcut after startup, but you are right, that always happens. must be that i got used to press arrow up on startup to get my navigation working Wink

personally i'm not sure what
14:50:06 T:4752 M:4294967295 ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()
refers to - if its the error of the non working keypress or the one for the python script, and also i'm not sure if the navigation issue prevents the script from working or the script preventing left+right+enter from working.

- phunqe - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:what makes your setup so special that you don't get the built in resolution setting "some size @some hz #2" to work? are you still trying to place the windowed mode on screen 2? why not fullscreen?

Yes, I would like to know that as well :p

Basically I do the following:

1. Start XBMC and see it start on 1st monitor.
2. Go into Appearance and screen setting.
3. See that it is set to monitor #2.

Here, if I try to set it to monitor 1 and then back to 2 nothing happens, it does not switch monitor. What I have to do is first switch to window mode and then back to monitor #2. THEN it switches to the second monitor.

However, when restarting XBMC it's all back to monitor #1 again.

- mindweaver - 2009-10-25

you can get guild 24000 from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ if you want to try it.

- azido - 2009-10-25

mindweaver Wrote:you can get guild 24000 from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ if you want to try it.

actually for GL it says it's SVN 24001.

i can confirm both the keyboard/widget issues in aeon showmix and the digital audio issues are fixed. did not check DX yet, but it should be similar there.

- azido - 2009-10-25

for the record:

exactly the same applies to SVN 24001 DX.

Plus, video overlay in DX now stays inside it's given dimensions. i'm quite happy Nod

- paul - 2009-10-25

Just installed Rev23944-gl as i had read somewhere the problem with RecentlyAdded.py running at startup had been fixed, well it is still broke and that was after a complete reinstall with no library either.
I hope this gets resolved soon

- azido - 2009-10-26

a new one, more for the skinning league again..

looks like in current svns (well, since a while now) at the music section the database path is no longer available to the skin. this means container.folderpath,MUSICDB: cannot be read anymore, thus a condition like

<visible>!substring(container.folderpath,MUSICDB://2/,Left) + Player.HasAudio</visible>

does not work anymore.

any chances this gets fixed? it used to work before the merge (and still does on 22516)