Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- joshuass - 2009-10-28

Ah well. It was because I would see a speed increase in playback like the video was trying to catch up or something if I paused with "p". Also I kinda like the nav sounds Big Grin. Regardless of it all. I'm glad that someone took time to figure out a work around.

- joshuass - 2009-10-28

SVN 24064 DX:
Of course me being a curious one, and in the interest of testing, I updated to 24064 and to my dismay, had poor full screen performance.

Namely, I couldn't acheive more than 15fps playing any video or even in the GUI. What's even stranger is that when I switched to windowed mode, everything was smooth as silk. Switching from fullscreen, windowed and back to full screen yielded no help either. Sad

EDIT:
This is odd as hell. I removed XBMC and reinstalled using an earlier build and the problem still persists. I've done no other updates to windows, drivers, software, or anything else except XBMC. I have noooo idea how or why this issue suddenly popped up at all. Tried 24001, 24041, 23739, 23796, 24064. They all seem to slow down to about 15-18fps in the GUI, and 15fps during video playback. Man this is weird.

UPDATE:
All the builds like to report my screen resolution at 1080p60 @ 15Hz in fullscreen and 1080p60 @ 60Hz in windowed mode now. Sad

- patkhoo - 2009-10-28

dj_gerbil Wrote:Unfortunately they are SD avi's so they should play really easily.

That's interesting as I've found in the past its usually the other way round.

I actually used the same file for testing on all three. The video drivers are the latest and DX is just the DLL, but its from the latest release.

Hmm, then something else is wrong.. SD avis should not have much problems.. I would suggest investigating the difference in video cards (and yes VRAM) and whether or not just the DX DLL is causing problems elsewhere.. And maybe try a new(er) SVN on the chance it fixes whatever strange-ness you have.. Sad

- patkhoo - 2009-10-28

joshuass Wrote:UPDATE:
All the builds like to report my screen resolution at 1080p60 @ 15Hz in fullscreen and 1080p60 @ 60Hz in windowed mode now. Sad

See, I can tell you your problem straight away. You forgot to make the sacrifice of goat's head and serpent's tail to the "Computer Gods".

- Dullie - 2009-10-28

joshuass Wrote:SVN 24064 DX:
Of course me being a curious one, and in the interest of testing, I updated to 24064 and to my dismay, had poor full screen performance.

Namely, I couldn't acheive more than 15fps playing any video or even in the GUI. What's even stranger is that when I switched to windowed mode, everything was smooth as silk. Switching from fullscreen, windowed and back to full screen yielded no help either. Sad

EDIT:
This is odd as hell. I removed XBMC and reinstalled using an earlier build and the problem still persists. I've done no other updates to windows, drivers, software, or anything else except XBMC. I have noooo idea how or why this issue suddenly popped up at all. Tried 24001, 24041, 23739, 23796, 24064. They all seem to slow down to about 15-18fps in the GUI, and 15fps during video playback. Man this is weird.

UPDATE:

Been there.. Although I was using 1080p24 and GUI FPS was around 13 FPS..

I removed guisettings and it didnt solve it.. Then I completely removed XBMC and the library, reinstalled, built my library again, and it worked like a charm.. I am not advising you to do this.. I am sure with your expertise you can find a solution.. Mine was the hard way..

I think installing several DX builds on top of each other messes up something somewhere.. :confused2:

Best of luck

- Mshake - 2009-10-28

Using 24059 dx i think

I have not touched GL builds for a while now for windows. Is the *.sub subtitles issue still there ? As in XBMC crashes and etc.....

Had a few avi with VBR audio encoding and the video fps is so low.....out of sync. Choosing sync options do not help as well.

Just a question as I have not been following much, in the past, most of the time when we see the codec info, fps is usually 23.98 / 25.00 fps for video but these days even if the file plays fine, the fps shown is moving about.... like 24.1x, 23.8, 25.1x etc etc... i could not see a fixed one for a long while.

- joshuass - 2009-10-28

Yea I already blew away my entire XBMC install. I actually did this for each SVN I tried to install. Nothing worked. Removed the profile, removed all the directories associated with XBMC. Nothing. Its a rather aggravating situation.

- paco - 2009-10-28

joshuass Wrote:Yea I already blew away my entire XBMC install. I actually did this for each SVN I tried to install. Nothing worked. Removed the profile, removed all the directories associated with XBMC. Nothing. Its a rather aggravating situation.

I think your problem may be related to the display settings in Windows. IIRC XBMC-DX gets its settings from Windows. Double check the refresh rate set in the control panel.

- joshuass - 2009-10-28

Yea. I triple checked every setting I could think of in Catalyst and such.

Basically, updating from 24001 or 24041 (i dont remember which one) to 24064 did something that I can't seem to undo.

Or, there was a file or setting still left from when I updated from 22516 or 23739 that was lost during the update to 24064 and thus, killing it that way.

I'm gonna switch to GL and check it out too.

- dj_gerbil - 2009-10-28

Ok, Installed DirectX 9c on Windows 7 and on the XP machine and the VC++ redistributable on XP (Already got VC++ on Windows 7) and the laggy video playback seems to have gone. But on the XP machine I've not got tearing. I've had a look around the thread and seen the bit about telling XBMC to use "Let driver decide" and in the control panel select "always on" but I can't find it in the Nvidia control panel. Now I'm sure its me being thick so can someone point me in the right direction please?

- AzzX - 2009-10-29

Manage 3D settings - Scroll to the bottom and set Vertical sync to Force On

- dj_gerbil - 2009-10-29

Ok thanks. Tried it and it didn't really help much, I've still got tearing.

- azido - 2009-10-29

hmm.. any reason why 24102 GL should not like to go fullscreen on screen #2 anymore?

did a very fresh install of my whole system, installed xbmc and tried to force it to go on screen #2 as usual, but all i get is two blank screens (screen #1 and screen #2 go black) for a while (i'm sure thats the countdown time for the "shall i apply that?" question) and then it reverts to fullscreen on #1.

edit: nevermind, i found the trouble.. that (/$//&ยง")!!!! windows update installed those pesty old ati drivers without my intervention. all looked to be fine until i tried to start xbmc. if you get into this trouble, go to hardware manager -> device manager. select your card, then remove drivers (make sure you also set delete driver files here, else they will get installed on next reboot again).

btw: i guess the -fs switch is obsolete now?

- azido - 2009-10-29

hmm

what's the deal with the behaviour of stacked movies in 24102?

right now, when i scan those into lib, i get two entries for every stacked movie now.. one with the cover, the 2nd with just the startup scene still.

although "treat stacked files as single file" is set.

- joshuass - 2009-10-29

24102 GL:
Plays fine for me.

Though, trying to see tv show information on a show that has no banner or poster art gives me a pure virtual function call error R6025. Sad Though I can confirm that nav sounds with digital audio works again. Big Grin