Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- azido - 2009-11-01

Jackie78 Wrote:From a technical point, it would be better to disable the OGL Visus in DX-Builds instead of just make XBMC hang......

the same could apply to the render method in video settings. understand that this is a work in progress and consider it being unfinished.

- Jackie78 - 2009-11-01

Thanks alot. Can anybody please have a look at my keymap.xml? When I am in the "My Music" Folder, select an MP3, play it, and thenn press "Space" (which is Pause in my keyboard.xml), the system freezes and XBMC is quit. Iguess there must be something wrong with handling this specific key, since it worked in previous versions.

Here is what my keyboard.xml looks like, what's wrong with it?

http://pastebin.com/m3c995a93

Concerning milkdrops, how do I get the differen visualization presets right into XBMC? Only one preset is boring Sad No matter where I put my .milk files, they are not recognized

Thanks alot for your support.

- uncertainty - 2009-11-01

Jackie78 Wrote:How do I get all the different visual-themes available in Milkdrop?

Do a search for milkdrop in the forums and you will find links for them...

- Jackie78 - 2009-11-01

uncertainty Wrote:Do a search for milkdrop in the forums and you will find links for them...

I have done that several times, and I do not find any usable tipps, mainly because DX in Windows builds is very new. I have already put the .milk files in the visualisations\Milkdrop directory, but they are not recognized. But if I am too blind to find the suitable thread, can you please supply a link?

- LaTropa64 - 2009-11-01

Jackie78 Wrote:Thanks alot. Can anybody please have a look at my keymap.xml? When I am in the "My Music" Folder, select an MP3, play it, and thenn press "Space" (which is Pause in my keyboard.xml), the system freezes and XBMC is quit. Iguess there must be something wrong with handling this specific key, since it worked in previous versions.

Here is what my keyboard.xml looks like, what's wrong with it?

http://pastebin.com/m3c995a93
Just to add to this, I have the same problem while watching movies. Pausing will cause the system to freeze when I come back to start the movie again. I've just resorted to stopping the movie every time I want to pause and then taking advantage of the "resume from" option.

Jackie78 Wrote:I have done that several times, and I do not find any usable tipps, mainly because DX in Windows builds is very new. I have already put the .milk files in the visualisations\Milkdrop directory, but they are not recognized. But if I am too blind to find the suitable thread, can you please supply a link?

Just follow the directions in this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=24616&highlight=milkdrop

Once downloaded it includes all the files and config necessary for milkdrop to work under the dx build.

LaTropa64 Wrote:Just to add to this, I have the same problem while watching movies. Pausing will cause the system to freeze when I come back to start the movie again. I've just resorted to stopping the movie every time I want to pause and then taking advantage of the "resume from" option.

What svn are you currently using?

SVN 24001 and later builds fixed the "digital audio pause" bug..

- shadd22 - 2009-11-01

LaTropa64 Wrote:Just to add to this, I have the same problem while watching movies. Pausing will cause the system to freeze when I come back to start the movie again. I've just resorted to stopping the movie every time I want to pause and then taking advantage of the "resume from" option.

I have this same exact problem. I'm running under SVN r24114 under analog audio out. When unpausing the video plays back very slowly with no audio, locking up if I try and stop it.

- jmarshall - 2009-11-01

Please post a full report of the problem in a new thread including a full debug log, and exactly what you do to reproduce it etc.

We can't fix what we don't know about.

As for Milkdrop: With current builds it should work out of the box with full preset packs etc. Check that you have the .zip file packs in Userdata/visualisations/Milkdrop/ (userdata folder obviously in APPDATA for most of you).

Cheers,
Jonathan

- WiSo - 2009-11-02

@jmarshall: afaik the zips have to be in the XBMC installation dir (xbmc/visualisations/Milkdrop/). the appdata dir only contains the conf file.

- azido - 2009-11-02

somewhere between svn 24155 and 24171 GL the ability to select fullscreen resolution on screen #2 has been gone.

only fullscreen on screen #1 and windowed are available.

tried my own build 24181 with same result. did you remove screen#2 setting deliberately?

edit: seems to be the change at 24160. can i manually change the number of monitors somewhere? windows knows i have 2 Wink

- jmarshall - 2009-11-02

@azido: Please post in the vsync thread about that - it's related.

I'm currently deep in DX land trying to come up with a sane way to handle this (I have something done for UI, but video playback could be tricky.)

Cheers,
Jonathan

- jmarshall - 2009-11-02

@azido: Also, does this happen on DirectX or GL or both? It still shows the resolution option, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan

- azido - 2009-11-02

jmarshall Wrote:@azido: Please post in the vsync thread about that - it's related.

I'm currently deep in DX land trying to come up with a sane way to handle this (I have something done for UI, but video playback could be tricky.)

ok, no problem. just building 24194 gl/dx and then i will post my test results there.

jmarshall Wrote:@azido: Also, does this happen on DirectX or GL or both? It still shows the resolution option, right?

i was referring to GL only. will test them both now. the resolution option in settings/video was still there, but the entry for setting xbmc to screen #2 was missing.

- ashlar - 2009-11-02

Honestly I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. At 59 pages and counting it's become unbrowable by a newcomer, the first post doesn't offer any kind of summary of information. GL and DX get mixed up.

I think that, given the prominence of DX in the future of XBMC (I remember a developer mentioning that the future of the GL version under Windows it's unclear once DX is up and running), the forum would better off by a simple rule concerning thread titles:

[DX] Title of the discussion
[GL] Title of the discussion

And let's go back to one thread per problem instead of a single mega-thread. What do you all think? Big Grin