Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- azido - 2009-11-02

ashlar Wrote:Honestly I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. At 59 pages and counting it's become unbrowable by a newcomer, the first post doesn't offer any kind of summary of information. GL and DX get mixed up.

I think that, given the prominence of DX in the future of XBMC (I remember a developer mentioning that the future of the GL version under Windows it's unclear once DX is up and running), the forum would better off by a simple rule concerning thread titles:

[DX] Title of the discussion
[GL] Title of the discussion

And let's go back to one thread per problem instead of a single mega-thread. What do you all think? Big Grin

this thread has been started for only one reason: to not fill the forum with support requests and issue reports all over the place during the merge phase. i did not see any statements by the devs announcing the end of that phase, but i also see jonathan asking for creating new threads for specific issues like all would be back to normal - so i dunno.

- rd1979 - 2009-11-02

Just tried the newest DX build kricker put out, and SSA/ASS subtitles look great now that they are using a D3D overlay renderer.

But there is a problem.

If I hit Tab to go back to the menu while the video is still playing, the moment another subtitle fires off, XBMC freezes up, but the audio continues to play. I have to kill it in the task manager. I've sure this is subtitle related because if there are any longer segments where no subtitles are displayed, I can switch in and out fine.

Also, changing subtitle tracks in an MKV makes XBMC not display anything until I go back or forward some in the video.

Just FYI. I cleared out my cache beforehand as well.

- Hitcher - 2009-11-03

LyndonW Wrote:Some things I think could be thrown into the actual GUI. A good example being:

<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>

I didn't know about it but I'm glad I do now.

- spiff - 2009-11-03

while we haven't really announced, the dx build is to be considered the official windows build now and next release for windows will be dx based. i'm told it works decent now.

in conclusion; separate threads are fine.

- joshuass - 2009-11-03

Quote:Just tried the newest DX build kricker put out, and SSA/ASS subtitles look great now that they are using a D3D overlay renderer.

But there is a problem.

If I hit Tab to go back to the menu while the video is still playing, the moment another subtitle fires off, XBMC freezes up, but the audio continues to play. I have to kill it in the task manager. I've sure this is subtitle related because if there are any longer segments where no subtitles are displayed, I can switch in and out fine.

Lastnight jmarshall managed to correct most of that issue. Basically the behavior now is that during subtitles, the screen will flash white, but the app will no longer crash. The screen flashes at a 1:1 timing with when subs show up on screen.

- azido - 2009-11-03

spiff Wrote:while we haven't really announced, the dx build is to be considered the official windows build now and next release for windows will be dx based. i'm told it works decent now.

in conclusion; separate threads are fine.

oh well. if it works like it does right now, i hope the gl builds will stay.

- FattyMcDirty - 2009-11-03

what could be wrong if i got flickering in fast scenes with the dx builds? i don'T have such flickering in the GL builds... Sad i'd really like to use the DX builds but this small flickering is annoying. is this called tearing? i dunno... tried several setting with vsync and so on... dunno what else i shall do...

- FattyMcDirty - 2009-11-04

another quick question: aren't srt subtitles working with the latest DX builds?
working fine with GL - switched to DX --> subtitles aren't displayed Sad

- jmarshall - 2009-11-04

Wait for the Camelot Alpha. Subs are working just fine.

- joshuass - 2009-11-04

Off-topic but I just realized your naming convention. Fictional locations, incrementing by first letter in the alphabet Big Grin

- stoli - 2009-11-04

jmarshall Wrote:Wait for the Camelot Alpha. Subs are working just fine.

So it has been decided! So much for Caprica!

@ joshuass - see here

/hijack

- jmarshall - 2009-11-04

I decided, yes. Whether the rest of the team goes along we'll have to wait and see :p

- joshuass - 2009-11-04

So you're saying there was no round table discussion about it? lolLaugh

- paul - 2009-11-04

That's a really terrible jokeWink

- lonchaney - 2009-11-04

i used the xbmc updater (found here ) to update to 24195. does this mean i'm running dx or gl? also, when i set the resolution to 1080P60 (Full Screen) #2 it still opens on my primary monitor.