Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- kulprit - 2009-11-08

Cheers Jonathon, so much stuff going on at the moment never sure if its a bug or just me being stupid.

- cgmark - 2009-11-08

With the latest alpha build using MPC as external player when launched from xbmc drops frames constantly. Running MPC by itself it never drops any.

- azido - 2009-11-08

is it possible that on any recent svn (24420 as an example) dvd-drives only show up as a source when a media is inserted?

- junk - 2009-11-09

hmm, anyone else having issue with laggy xbmc after minimize->restore?

the longer I have it minimized, the slower it gets (or so it seems)

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and I'm running XBMC alpha1 on Windows 7.

- azido - 2009-11-09

junk Wrote:hmm, anyone else having issue with laggy xbmc after minimize->restore?

the longer I have it minimized, the slower it gets (or so it seems)

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and I'm running XBMC alpha1 on Windows 7.

yep. i have described exactly this framerate dropdown in jonathan's vsync-thread.

you dont need to minimize it long. the same effect comes when you switch focus often. i noticed a dropdown of about 3-5 fps on every switchback.

- azido - 2009-11-09

at 24420 (and previously 24272 too), genre, mood and styles are not available in the media info view for artists on pm3 hd. that data has been scanned in though from previously created artist.nfos by exporting the music database.

- nvaia - 2009-11-09

Anyone else having trouble with the video playback (black screen) in the 9.11 alpha build, while the audio is in perfect working order?

- RDHoworth - 2009-11-09

nvaia Wrote:Anyone else having trouble with the video playback (black screen) in the 9.11 alpha build, while the audio is in perfect working order?

Hi, I did. I corrected it by a fresh install of the application, but keeping the data. I also installed the full DirectX runtime. This cured it.

Richard

- Flook - 2009-11-09

Exact same issue for me. A new fresh install did not make a difference. I even got rid of all xbmc data. I also updated graphics drivers and dirext x and nothing changed.

edit. I downloaded the opengl version of build 23468 and so far it works perfect for me.

- nvaia - 2009-11-09

Flook Wrote:Exact same issue for me. A new fresh install did not make a difference. I even got rid of all xbmc data. I also updated graphics drivers and dirext x and nothing changed.

edit. I downloaded the opengl version of build 23468 and so far it works perfect for me.

Where are you finding this openGL version? I must be blind because i can't find it!

- Flook - 2009-11-09

nvaia Wrote:Where are you finding this openGL version? I must be blind because i can't find it!

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

I happened to find this place a while back that compiles svn builds otherwise I would have no idea where to get the opengl version. You just click the builds button and you will see an opengl one.

- WiSo - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:is it possible that on any recent svn (24420 as an example) dvd-drives only show up as a source when a media is inserted?

yup but this behavior is very old and not recently added.

- WiSo - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:yep. i have described exactly this framerate dropdown in jonathan's vsync-thread.

you dont need to minimize it long. the same effect comes when you switch focus often. i noticed a dropdown of about 3-5 fps on every switchback.

any special task to do to get this reproduced? Nothing what I do reduces fps on my machine (ati 4850, win7 64bit)

- azido - 2009-11-09

WiSo Wrote:yup but this behavior is very old and not recently added.

i must have missed it's beginning ~lol~

just wanted to make sure it's not my setup preventing this, as on ealier builds the drive letters showed up even with no media inserted.

- azido - 2009-11-09

WiSo Wrote:any special task to do to get this reproduced? Nothing what I do reduces fps on my machine (ati 4850, win7 64bit)

the easierst one is to fire up any recent dx version, go into system info screen (pm3 hd does the job), then simply switch focus to i.e. your browser, wait some seconds, then go back to xbmc. it might not drop down on the first change, but it does always after switching focus again and again, cutting fps on every change.

did not try it since jonathan invented <fakefullscreen> setting though. maybe it's gone now, but should be appearing on the camelot alpha as that is an earlier build. also it might be only appearing to users with a 2 screen setup like me.. dunno.

btw: nice to see you're doing tests on win7. obviously the question if xbmc will support it has been answered Wink