Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

- kricker - 2009-09-12

zwat Wrote:...
and the strangest problem was pressing a letter in movie library mode it jumps to the movies with that letter. it's a feature i would like to have but noting else worked so couldn't start playing movie or even get back to the home screen...
I experienced this as well. It seemed once the jump to function was started, it was "locked" on. You could go back thru menus and screens but "enter" to select something no longer works.

On my Dell 700m laptop with intel graphics all video play in black and white.

XBMC22870-DX.

- Zrino - 2009-09-13

I tried XBMC Rev22870 last night.
I run 2 displays with HD4850 and when I use implemented support in xbmc screen preferences for second monitor, my primary monitor goes into black color and freezes, only shut down of XBMC true task manager + 20 and more refreshes of screen gives me ability to rid of blackness Smile
Visualization doesn't work at all, and half of secondary screen blink in equal intervals when I try to run visualization (secondary screen).
XBMC act normally when I force him to run on secondary display with Ultramon, no blinking but all other bugs r still here ...

- azido - 2009-09-13

Zrino Wrote:I tried XBMC Rev22870 last night.
I run 2 displays with HD4850 and when I use implemented support in xbmc screen preferences for second monitor, my primary monitor goes into black color and freezes, only shut down of XBMC true task manager + 20 and more refreshes of screen gives me ability to rid of blackness Smile
Visualization doesn't work at all, and half of secondary screen blink in equal intervals when I try to run visualization (secondary screen).
XBMC act normally when I force him to run on secondary display with Ultramon, no blinking but all other bugs r still here ...

uh.. sounds like a crazy behaviour.. and: xp.
did you install recent catalyst?

- Zrino - 2009-09-13

azido Wrote:uh.. sounds like a crazy behaviour.. and: xp.
did you install recent catalyst?

Nah, sry ... forget to mention ... I dont use standard CCC.
I use ATT (ati tray tools) + original ATI drivers.

I run XP sp3 (x86), C2D 8600, HD 4850

- azido - 2009-09-13

Zrino Wrote:Nah, sry ... forget to mention ... I dont use standard CCC.
I use ATT (ati tray tools) + original ATI drivers.

I run XP sp3 (x86), C2D 8600, HD 4850

might be what's causing that black screen trouble for you.
at least i was right with my xp guess Smile

- jimbosis - 2009-09-13

Using 22870 with fantastic video results on an Intel X3100. Mplayer defaults to Primary Screen as mentioned but when run on the primary monitor I'm getting great results. Core for MP4, FFDShow for AVI.

NB - Haven't tested audio as of yet.

- Zrino - 2009-09-13

azido Wrote:might be what's causing that black screen trouble for you.
at least i was right with my xp guess Smile

eheh u want to say that my comp is problem or xp !? and "half intermediate goods" with dozens bugs is not !? Smile lol Shocked
What is good OS for u, pls illuminate me? I posted to help developers to find bugs, not to fix my comp. My rig works perfectly without any trouble. All similar programs works too. Meedio, boxee (similar programs witch support dual monitors) works just fine. Hmmm Boxee just nicely support dual monitor view ... that program arise on XBMC platform I think.

Dont get me wrong, I use XBMC every day over 2 years. But this versions, is still developing, I hope Big Grin Dual monitor support is still in diapers here and I`ll "wait better times" on my mix of svn22498 and svn22528 + ultramon.

- azido - 2009-09-13

Zrino Wrote:eheh u want to say that my comp is problem or xp !? and "half intermediate goods" with dozens bugs is not !? Smile lol Shocked
What is good OS for u, pls illuminate me? I posted to help developers to find bugs, not to fix my comp. My rig works perfectly without any trouble. All similar programs works too. Meedio, boxee (similar programs witch support dual monitors) works just fine. Hmmm Boxee just nicely support dual monitor view ... that program arise on XBMC platform I think.

Dont get me wrong, I use XBMC every day over 2 years. But this versions, is still developing, I hope Big Grin Dual monitor support is still in diapers here and I`ll "wait better times" on my mix of svn22498 and svn22528 + ultramon.

i think you got me totally wrong here.. Rolleyes

me (and this thread) is not here to fix up problems or telling your system might be misconfigured, it's to share experiences.

i have win xp, win vista x64 and win 7 x64 installed on my multi-bootable system, so i can test a lot regarding xbmc preversions (perversions? lol).

what i see on xp: there i get a black ghost window on my primary screen when firing up xbmc-dx, but not as much as you got. so, as i also have an ati card inside (HD 3650), i wonder if that ATT you've mentioned works different than CCC which i use. or maybe it is ultramon (i never got that working smooth here anyway).. not more..

we all know xbmc-dx is not ready to go yet.

- azido - 2009-09-13

jimbosis Wrote:Using 22870 with fantastic video results on an Intel X3100. Mplayer defaults to Primary Screen as mentioned but when run on the primary monitor I'm getting great results. Core for MP4, FFDShow for AVI.

NB - Haven't tested audio as of yet.

so you're running xbmc in combination with the external player plugin?

- dj_gerbil - 2009-09-13

Hi guys, just letting you know I've just tested XBMC-66814DX on the same machine as before using XP instead of Windows 7 and it fixed the playback sync problems. I'm guessing that it is probably down to my machine, although the GL version works flawlessly in either os so who knows.

However I've just tested 22903-dx on Windows 7 and although playback seems to be better, I've lost all my fanart, icons and thumbnails all I get instead is white boxes :~

- McGilljam - 2009-09-13

Used on:
ASRock ION 330 and W7 RC1.
Newest releases of nVidia ION GFX drivers.
Rev 22870 on XBMC dx Build

Problem:
Can't manage to get fullscreen. Taskbar shown.

BTW... Loooove XBMC.
I really want DXVA support right in XBMC so that RAR-files, HD-movies and all the stuffs working without using external players...

EDIT 1: Tried on GL version and the same for that one. No full screen.
EDIT 2: Ok... I just got it wrong. Full screen works with FULL SCREEN #2 and Vertical Sync ALWAYS enabled. FYI ... oooops.

- Derek - 2009-09-13

22886 working perfect on my setup except for the white icons and other white blocks shown on the info screen, i think most will know what im on about. I'm sure this will be solved at some point but otherwise perfect. I dont seem to have any issues with the taskbar.

SVN 22886-DX
Quad core 2.66
GTS 250 (190.62)
Windows 7600
SPDIF via receiver 5.1
All media local
1080p playback average (10-15mb) 15-20% CPU usage

Also seems to be working on my laptop which is much lesser spec and access media via wired gb lan/wfi altho i have only had a quick play where as my main PC has XBMC running all the time.

SVN22886
Dual core 1.8
ATI 2600XT (HP drivers)
Windows Vista
Analog audio
All media Via network
1080p playback average (10-15mb) 80-90% CPU usage

- zoing - 2009-09-13

Thanks McGilljam,

"Full screen works with FULL SCREEN #2 and Vertical Sync ALWAYS enabled"

this helped me also with my fullscreen problem.Big Grin

- McGilljam - 2009-09-13

zoing Wrote:Thanks McGilljam,

"Full screen works with FULL SCREEN #2 and Vertical Sync ALWAYS enabled"

this helped me also with my fullscreen problem.Big Grin

You're welcome Laugh

But forget ALT+TAB to bring your FireFox in front. No

- my2sense - 2009-09-13

I have a AMD 5000+, Windows 7, ATI 3450 running Catalyst 9.9 using DVI/HDMI, single display, and XBMC 22886. Whenever I play a video, I can hear sound but can't do anything else, e.g., stop video, ff or rewind. The screen stays at whatever xbmc menu I was at before invoking the video. I have to kill xmbc in the task manager. Of course, the gl version works perfectly on this rig.

Interestingly enough, it works fine for me on my laptop which is running Windows 7 with onboard intel 845GM GPU.

It sounds like ATI users are having more problems with the dx build from my quick read of this thread. Can't wait until dx goes stable: the possibilities.

Just wanted to give my thanks to all the developers for giving us such a great product!