Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=58103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- wannabegt4 - 2009-10-29

Thanks! I'll try and whip something up real quick.

EDIT:
Got it! Thanks a bunch.

- steve1977 - 2009-11-01

Not sure whether this can be achieved by skin or this would need to be a feature request for XBMC in general:

When playing music, I have a visualization in the background. I would love to have the option to have artist-fanart being displayed when playing music instead of the "visualization". Any chance to make this happen in Rapier?

Thanks a ton for the great work!!!

- Sranshaft - 2009-11-01

steve1977 Wrote:Not sure whether this can be achieved by skin or this would need to be a feature request for XBMC in general:

When playing music, I have a visualization in the background. I would love to have the option to have artist-fanart being displayed when playing music instead of the "visualization". Any chance to make this happen in Rapier?

Thanks a ton for the great work!!!

This is of course a possibility as shown with Tranparency! but it's a bit hack-y to say the least. You would need to set up a folder for the fanart then name the fanart with the name of the artist. From there, you'd be able to code up an image control to look for an image with the name of the artist currently playing.

The downside to this is of course if you have a large music collection (like myself with just shy of 100 GBs of music) you have to maintain a rather large collection of fanart as well.

What would be even nicer is if we'd be able to pull the image directly from XBMC. Something to look into I guess. Laugh

- steve1977 - 2009-11-01

Sranshaft Wrote:You would need to set up a folder for the fanart then name the fanart with the name of the artist. From there, you'd be able to code up an image control to look for an image with the name of the artist currently playing.

The downside to this is of course if you have a large music collection (like myself with just shy of 100 GBs of music) you have to maintain a rather large collection of fanart as well.

What would be even nicer is if we'd be able to pull the image directly from XBMC. Something to look into I guess. Laugh

Thanks for your reply. Shouldnt there be a much easier way? Currently, XBMC pulls the artist fanart automatically already. So, when I select an artist, the fanart shown matches the fanart.jpg of this respective artist. This fanart also remains when I browse albums and songs. For some reasons, it does not show when I select "visualisation: none", bút instead turns black.

Any thoughts?

- Sranshaft - 2009-11-01

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your reply. Shouldnt there be a much easier way? Currently, XBMC pulls the artist fanart automatically already. So, when I select an artist, the fanart shown matches the fanart.jpg of this respective artist. This fanart also remains when I browse albums and songs. For some reasons, it does not show when I select "visualisation: none", bút instead turns black.

Any thoughts?

That is because the fanart isn't exposed to the MusicPlayer / VideoPlayer part of XBMC. If it was then it'd be a non-issue.

- steve1977 - 2009-11-01

Sranshaft Wrote:That is because the fanart isn't exposed to the MusicPlayer / VideoPlayer part of XBMC. If it was then it'd be a non-issue.

Got it. Looked at the way how Transparency does it, which is ok,, but not great. Also, overall Rapier is just much nicer of a skin than Transparency is (from a design perspective) though the "Transpaency views" are exactly what I am looking for.

- ronie - 2009-11-01

Sranshaft Wrote:That is because the fanart isn't exposed to the MusicPlayer / VideoPlayer part of XBMC. If it was then it'd be a non-issue.

there's a feature request for this on trac.
hopefully it will be implemented one day so we can do these kind of things (displaying fanart / cdart / clearart) in a slightly less 'hacky' way.

- Sranshaft - 2009-11-01

ronie Wrote:there's a feature request for this on trac.
hopefully it will be implemented one day so we can do these kind of things (displaying fanart / cdart / clearart) in a slightly less 'hacky' way.

Aye. It's definitely something I would love to see. Unfortunately the guys are in feature freeze now but hopefully we'll see something in the next development cycle. Big Grin

Thank you. - danmer - 2009-11-03

Thank you for the wonderful skin. Shocked
The best that I have seen.
Usability with better ergonomics.

I need a simple manual: how edit "root menu".
for example- how can I add the category of "favorites" in the "root menu" (or script).

I have read here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58832 , but not all understood.

Also, I did not look the Russian keyboard and can`t find information about Russian names of songs and movies in media library (kinopoisk.ru&other).

- revned - 2009-11-07

Does this skin support the Home Theater Experience script?

- erdah - 2009-11-07

Thanks for Rapier, it's a wonderful skin. But why on earth is "Play Disc" on the shutdown menu? It took me forever to find it...

- Starstream - 2009-11-08

I've just tried rapier out for the first time on the 9.11 a1 release and have to say its absolutely a great skin love the design, great job.

That is all Cool

aeon great - nowisn - 2009-11-08

Aeon is great but its a pain sometimes and the wife hates it but she and i both absolutely love your theme and some of the mods posted here, even my 3year old has figured it out so she can get to her cartoons now, lol

keep up the amazing work.

- scarfa - 2009-11-09

nowisn Wrote:Aeon is great but its a pain sometimes and the wife hates it but she and i both absolutely love your theme and some of the mods posted here, even my 3year old has figured it out so she can get to her cartoons now, lol

keep up the amazing work.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Big Grin

- needtotest - 2009-11-09

Is there an updated version on the way that handles the fewer system settings in the xbmc 9.11 alpha better?

/needtotest