Kodi Community Forum
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=5872)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- Endiz - 2004-10-23

any possible way to show the current ip address under rss news feed in home.xml? i tried to add it on my own but i couldn't get the coordinates right, and id 8 didn't seem to show ip address (it just showed dhcp)
thanks guys

- Chokemaniac - 2004-10-24

no thats not possible - ids are taken from the buttons and images in home - besides most things only work in their proper screens

- Endiz - 2004-10-24

cant you link from window to window? (i remember seeing this awhile ago)

- jmarshall - 2004-10-24

you can make a button hyperlink to a new screen.

as chokemaniac has pointed out, most things only work on the screen in which they are defined (as that is where the code resides).

some of the stuff we may move to a more central place in the code so that it can be moved around. see the thread in feature suggestions forum on improvements to the skin system if you have something you want to do that can't currently be done.

cheers,
jonathan

- Axelay - 2004-10-24

hi chokemaniac !

replacing the background with a "background.png" in the skin/media directory doesn´t work again ! (see my former reply..).

i´m using the xbmc - cvs build 10-23-2004 and it doesn´t work.
can u fix that again ?

by the way, is it possible to add a dialog where you can change the background-picture ? just like the dialog where you can change the skin, but this time only with the background image Huh

thanx for your great work... keep going...

- recoil - 2004-10-25

chokemanic:

first, great skin! when i was modding my xbox and decided on running mediacenter, i had already downloaded your skin before i found out it was the default. :p

i have a couple questions.

first, how hard is it to change the main menu buttons?

for example, i probably would eliminate my files completely.
i would add, if i could, the web radio, and movie trailer links from the corner menu instead. i think those are great features and would rather have them on the main menu.

is this sort of thing complex, to the point that really the only person that can do it is you, or is it customizable somehow?

- Hullebulle - 2004-10-25

(recoil @ oct. 25 2004,01:20 Wrote:chokemanic:

first, great skin!  when i was modding my xbox and decided on running mediacenter, i had already downloaded your skin before i found out it was the default.  :p

i have a couple questions.

first, how hard is it to change the main menu buttons?

for example, i probably would eliminate my files completely.
i would add, if i could, the web radio, and movie trailer links from the corner menu instead.  i think those are great features and would rather have them on the main menu.

is this sort of thing complex, to the point that really the only person that can do it is you, or is it customizable somehow?
everybody can chnage it. check the forums for editing help.

- SupaDawg - 2004-10-25

hey choke, just looking thr the screenshot.

noticed this one:
http://www.critikill.net/content/screenshots/screenshot03.jpg

curious as to where u got your emu thumbs. did u make em yourself? heh, wanna share? the ones i photoshopped for myself suck.

- gwlip - 2004-10-25

hey choke, i was also looking thr your galleries again and noticed something that really caught my interest...

this one:
http://www.critikill.net/content/screenshots/screenshot13.jpg

it would be really "incredible" if you could point me in the right direction where to get this from ... heh heh heh... :lol:

- WarriorSan - 2004-10-25

(supadawg @ oct. 25 2004,09:17 Wrote:hey choke, just looking thr the screenshot.

noticed this one:
http://www.critikill.net/content/screenshots/screenshot03.jpg

curious as to where u got your emu thumbs. did u make em yourself? heh, wanna share? the ones i photoshopped for myself suck.
for download click here

- Caracarn - 2004-10-26

i feel like such a newbie asking this question, but how do i bring up the new file manager? i go into my files or the sub menu, but there doesnt seem to be anything to indicate how to display it.

sorry for the dumb question as its probably staring me in the face Blush

- jmarshall - 2004-10-26

the new filemanager replaces my files. clicking my files will take you to it.

from there, press white (or title) to popup the context menu for all the functions etc.

you need xbmc dated from the 20th of october.

- chezpaul - 2004-10-27

hey i love your skin... very nice indeed.

i'm still looking for the icons/thumbnails you hve in your screenshots. they are very nice indeed. some i found and some i can't find.
the link given above doesn't have any cool icons and the other link that people will give doesn't have our icons either...
now where can we get those ? :pirate:

otherwise.. great job.. i'm loving my xbox more and more by the day... :lol:

- chezpaul - 2004-10-27

project ii is very cool expect for the backgound drop. that's os x stupid plain background. i use os x and love it and have been a mac guy for 15 years but it just looks so.... "os x i just bought it". i'm way over that background. is it possible to change it ?
and before i get a wise answer as in.. do your search... i've been searching everything xbox for the past two weeks so give me a break.

- BritneysPAIRS - 2004-10-28

just added a new skin using some of your 1.1 updates/your font and your background from pm mostly xmls ripped from wabidwoveren. anyway people wanted me to release it as it has been well recieved by most pal people i know.
if you say you dont wish this to happen it wont happen again ill dev for myself only its totally up to you....