Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2010-04-28

Smiff Wrote:no sorry.. i mean the icon on your fullscreen OSD that takes you to the root menu of the DVD. can't read it at all on my (not very good) 16:9 CRT TV. getting to the root menu is pretty important for DVDs.. maybe i'll see if i can map a button directly to this also.

Smiff,

Man what's wrong with you, it looks fine from 18" in front of my monitor Big Grin.

Now that I know what you are talking about, can see the problem. Looks like a smudge on our new 1080p panel (but running SD until new cable turns up). Not a whole heap of room in SD and have not really coded a separate OSD for 16x9 at this stage. Will see what I can do.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-04-28

yeah i think the problem with most skins is exactly that, they are only tested by the author on their monitor where they do dev.
keep checking from across the room on your TV please Smile

edit: how's 0.95 coming on? Smile

- wyrm - 2010-04-30

Smiff Wrote:yeah i think the problem with most skins is exactly that, they are only tested by the author on their monitor where they do dev.
keep checking from across the room on your TV please Smile

edit: how's 0.95 coming on? Smile

Smiff,

Keep pointing out problems will also fix things Big Grin.

0.95 has a couple of issues at the moment. Also have had the Boss home sick, so she has been spending a bit of time in front of Stalkbook. She is back to work now, so hopefully will be able to spend some time sorting things out.

I have a couple of ideas on how to improve the DVD button on the OSD screen. Will see what pans out and advise on results asap.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- muppetnuts - 2010-05-09

Hey Smile has anyone else had any problems with file stackingHuh? i cant seem to get it to work since i started using this skin.

- wyrm - 2010-05-09

muppetnuts Wrote:Hey Smile has anyone else had any problems with file stackingHuh? i cant seem to get it to work since i started using this skin.

muppetnuts,

first of all, the Wife and I need to know "is it because they're blue and furry"?Big Grin

Second, sorry crystal ball broken and in the shop. See the bottom of this message for how to supply some useful info to help diagnose the problem. And No I have not noticed, but that does not really mean anything as I have been looking at the skin for almost a year now. Sometimes can't see the wood for the trees. Keep posting problems as I probably have not noticed anything wrong.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Status Update on v0.95 - wyrm - 2010-05-11

Hi Everyone,

just a quick status update on the next release.

New Video Info screen :- Done
OpenSubtiles on Video OSD :- Done
Family Mode switch :- work in progress
Shuffle and Repeat on Music OSD :- work in progess
Watched tick in "List" mode :- Done
Media flagging in video views :- work in progress (fully integrated into video info screen)

A couple of new default icons have been added and a number of media type flags, so the download will be quite a bit larger for v0.95

Have also knocked a few bugs on the head, including the "Watched Overlay" setting being reversed. And the crash from "profiles" screen has been fixed.

At this stage I am having problems with xbmc builds after svn 28274 , so will probably not release until after this is sorted out. Hopefully will have full addons manager support when I release.

Have probably forgotten a number of things, but rest assured that things are happening, just slowly.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-05-24

just noticed quite a big usability issue with the photo section.

if you have a photo opened fullscreen and then press Stop/Exit to return to the file list/thumbnails, you would expect that last viewed photo to be the selected file item. however, XBMC instead remembers the last selected file (i.e. the *first* photo you opened!). i've just seen someone be very annoyed by this (and rightly so i think), having to find their place again in the list every time. it makes switching between fullscreen and thumbnail views awkward.

is there anything the skin can do about this or is it an XBMC4xbox request?

- wyrm - 2010-05-24

Smiff Wrote:just noticed quite a big usability issue with the photo section.

if you have a photo opened fullscreen and then press Stop/Exit to return to the file list/thumbnails, you would expect that last viewed photo to be the selected file item. however, XBMC instead remembers the last selected file (i.e. the *first* photo you opened!). i've just seen someone be very annoyed by this (and rightly so i think), having to find their place again in the list every time. it makes switching between fullscreen and thumbnail views awkward.

is there anything the skin can do about this or is it an XBMC4xbox request?

Smiff,

On first read that sounds like an XBMC problem, but if you try the following we can pin down who's to blame.

1. Have you tried another skin to see if it happens in another skin? If it does, it's a XBMC problem.
  2. If your answer to 1. is NO, it's a skin problem. Have you tried this in all of the views and found the problem, or does it only affect certain views (and if so which ones)?
  3. Does this only affect the xbox, or does the problem show itself on other platforms (windows in your case)? Xbox only you need to hit the XBMC4Xbox forum, otherwise you probably need to report this to the developers.
Please post back here what you find out, so that I can sort things out, or so that others know of the problem and any work around.
Thanks for the report Smiff.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-05-24

edit: my mistake sorry. it seems all skins and all views behave this way (does not select last viewed photo). :/ haven't tried windows version. guess this is one for arnova then?

- wyrm - 2010-05-25

Smiff Wrote:edit: my mistake sorry. it seems all skins and all views behave this way (does not select last viewed photo). :/ haven't tried windows version. guess this is one for arnova then?

Smiff,

Yes sorry mate, definitely one for Arnova. Always the best way to check these things is to try another skin and see if the problem persists. Is also handy if it is a skin problem, as I know which skin to check to see the current correct way to do something. Keep the reports coming mate.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-06-07

had a few ideas whilst showing new xbox setup to someone, wanted to get these down here:

1) when skipping (forward 10 mins, back 10 mins, 30seconds forward, and 30s back) there should be some large indication on the screen of what xbmc has just done. probably a large skip arrow near the top of the screen with text showing the amount of time. currently user is left trying to decipher small changes to the progress bar and wondering what happened. zoomplayer OSD handles this well for example, so does MPC-HC i think.

2)some better way to navigate music collections with large numbers of artists in the folder structure of \artist\album\tracks. perhaps using alphabetical jumps or something. does anyone have 1000s of artists in folders? you'll find scrolling is very awkward and most people end up playing something beginning with A because they can't be bothered to get down to the others (seriously). this needs a brainstorming session - i' not sure how to do it best.

3) this is purely cosmetic but i mentioned to wyrm, i think the startup logo should be changed to remove the appletv box. there may be a new appletv generation coming, no idea if that will look the same, but being this blatant about the "inspiration" for xtv isn't a great idea imho.

- wyrm - 2010-06-07

Smiff Wrote:had a few ideas whilst showing new xbox setup to someone, wanted to get these down here:

1) when skipping (forward 10 mins, back 10 mins, 30seconds forward, and 30s back) there should be some large indication on the screen of what xbmc has just done. probably a large skip arrow near the top of the screen with text showing the amount of time. currently user is left trying to decipher small changes to the progress bar and wondering what happened. zoomplayer OSD handles this well for example, so does MPC-HC i think.

Not such a bad idea, will see if I can implement it. Stay tuned.

Quote:2)some better way to navigate music collections with large numbers of artists in the folder structure of \artist\album\tracks. perhaps using alphabetical jumps or something. does anyone have 1000s of artists in folders? you'll find scrolling is very awkward and most people end up playing something beginning with A because they can't be bothered to get down to the others (seriously). this needs a brainstorming session - i' not sure how to do it best.
Go have a look at the source in custom57_generalsettings.xml, that entry has been there since about v0.75. I have a feature request still outstanding that could make that work, but I guess the developers don't see it as that useful. There is a function that can help called jumpsms. On your remote if you press a number key you will jump to the sms letter associated with that number. Do a search thru the forum on jumpsms for a better explanation.

Quote:3) this is purely cosmetic but i mentioned to wyrm, i think the startup logo should be changed to remove the appletv box. there may be a new appletv generation coming, no idea if that will look the same, but being this blatant about the "inspiration" for xtv isn't a great idea imho.
Not sold on this for two reasons. One, it's a legacy skin based on appleTV v1.0. I'm trying not to change the iconography too much from there. And two, most importantly I'm really crap at GIMP. If any graphics type person out there would like to contact me to offer to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Death-Axe - 2010-06-07

Paint shop pro is easy to use and has most features used in photoshop... cheap app aswell.
As for music scrolling, why not just press right..or is it left and use the scroll bar. Simple.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. There is a slight error in the skin. You see I was having some probs with my new windows 7 pc and shares (fixed now heh) and it was bringing up an error saying something about trainers need to be rescanned or something. Turns out (I switched to pm 3 to see what it was) it was the username/password box. Could be a thing in an xml to edit... not sure.

Can I ask, the onscreen keyboard (skin is used in the living room on an xbox) is very hard to see. The blue buttons don't help either. Perhaps it might be an idea to import the graphics from the one in pm3 as it is very easy to see on a crt tv.

Would do it myself but..... no idea how :-P

good job you are doing by the way!

- Smiff - 2010-06-07

can't believe i missed the SMS style text input for all screen keyboard forms! this is far better than navigating the screen keyboard with the crosspad, and everyone in the UK knows how to do it
actually i can believe i missed it - because how were we supposed to know the feature was even there? please add some indication, i don't know you could even literally put "enter letters using remote numpad (SMS style)" or something under the screen keyboard.
anyway excellent - SMS style entry is much more viable than having a physical keyboard connected for the occasional text entry e.g. for youtube searches. ideal. please make it obvious!

scrollbar is awkward and not ideal for this application. if the view panel is unlocked, users accidentally end up on it and get confused, often changing the view etc when they just want to navigate. if view is locked, it's still not obvious when you even have selected the scrollbar and how to move it and get on and off from it. there has to be better way when you already know the artist/movie name you want to jump to (SMS style jumps is a start, but something visual is needed imho).

- wyrm - 2010-06-08

Death-Axe Wrote:Paint shop pro is easy to use and has most features used in photoshop... cheap app aswell.
Problem is a wetware problem, not a software problem. I'm just not a graphic artist. What a real graphic artist can do in minutes takes me hours.
Quote:As for music scrolling, why not just press right..or is it left and use the scroll bar. Simple.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. There is a slight error in the skin. You see I was having some probs with my new windows 7 pc and shares (fixed now heh) and it was bringing up an error saying something about trainers need to be rescanned or something. Turns out (I switched to pm 3 to see what it was) it was the username/password box. Could be a thing in an xml to edit... not sure.
Sorry Death-Axe, not exactly sure what you are trying to tell me. What EXACTLY were you trying to do? Maybe a screen grab or a FULL debug log will point out which of the many .xml files I need to fix.

Quote:Can I ask, the onscreen keyboard (skin is used in the living room on an xbox) is very hard to see. The blue buttons don't help either. Perhaps it might be an idea to import the graphics from the one in pm3 as it is very easy to see on a crt tv.
Yes part of this is due to the above mentioned crap graphic skills (still using old graphics from xTV), but yes this is due for some software loving (of the ball pien hammer typeBig Grin)

Quote:good job you are doing by the way!
Sometime does not feel like it, but thank you, I'm trying.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)