Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2010-06-08

Smiff Wrote:can't believe i missed the SMS style text input for all screen keyboard forms! this is far better than navigating the screen keyboard with the crosspad, and everyone in the UK knows how to do it
actually i can believe i missed it - because how were we supposed to know the feature was even there? please add some indication, i don't know you could even literally put "enter letters using remote numpad (SMS style)" or something under the screen keyboard.
anyway excellent - SMS style entry is much more viable than having a physical keyboard connected for the occasional text entry e.g. for youtube searches. ideal. please make it obvious!

This is a standard feature of XBMC, not really something that is skin related as such(it's available thru out XBMC to my knowledge). Now I would love to include on screen help, but I am not a big fan of pop-ups and having things permanently on screen would just clutter things unnecessarily. Ideally I think having a 'help' key that would bring up a help file depending on the current display would be the way to go. Either way '...it's going to be a pretty big job...'
Quote:scrollbar is awkward and not ideal for this application. if the view panel is unlocked, users accidentally end up on it and get confused, often changing the view etc when they just want to navigate. if view is locked, it's still not obvious when you even have selected the scrollbar and how to move it and get on and off from it. there has to be better way when you already know the artist/movie name you want to jump to (SMS style jumps is a start, but something visual is needed imho).
Yes, I'm not real happy about what we currently have, but that's about all we have for the moment. I will try to tweak the scroll bar graphics a bit to make it more obvious (there is a brand new feature in the next beta for my beta testers that might help as well). As to the SMS stuff, to anyone who has ever seen me SMS ("Oh man just send me a bloody letter, it's quicker") will know I just don't get it.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-06-11

slightly confused in the new colours .xml files

<color name="Blue">FF00CCFF</color>
<color name="Yellow">FFF9EB05</color>

what are these used for, my first thought was they are like variables so can we place them in other areas e.g.

<color name="ScrollBarColor">Yellow</color> //was 00AAFF

?

this would actually be handy: being able to define our own colours and then use those colours wherever in the rest of the file rather than having to edit each element with hex.

or are these just normal parts of the skin that for some reason you've labelled with a colour? can't see why you'd do that.

anyway i have scrollbar and progress bar colouring working for the first time ever (in 0.95b2), yay!

- wyrm - 2010-06-11

Smiff Wrote:slightly confused in the new colours .xml files

<color name="Blue">FF00CCFF</color>
<color name="Yellow">FFF9EB05</color>

what are these used for, my first thought was they are like variables so can we place them in other areas e.g.

<color name="ScrollBarColor">Yellow</color> //was 00AAFF

?

this would actually be handy: being able to define our own colours and then use those colours wherever in the rest of the file rather than having to edit each element with hex.

or are these just normal parts of the skin that for some reason you've labelled with a colour? can't see why you'd do that.

anyway i have scrollbar and progress bar colouring working for the first time ever (in 0.95b2), yay!

Smiff,

Builders scaffolding, just ignore Big Grin. Was using it to remember what colours I was testing scroll and progressbar with. Sorry, beyond ScrollBarColor and ProgressBarColor :- 'There be monsters'. Work in progress, will cleanup for release.

Wyrm

- Smiff - 2010-06-11

thanks for including my buffering text suggestion, there seems to be a glitch with your version though:
,'',
is added after Buffering and before the number.
maybe you were trying to make it translatable? but you've probably seen this.

yes i am loving being able to see the progress bars and scrollbars with tango theme.

for the first time it's really practical to use xTV with a background colour other than black! thumbs up for this.

there are some positioning issues with progress bars (e.g. with Music Now Playing style), if i have a go at fixing them at 720p are you interested? if i get time.

- wyrm - 2010-06-14

Smiff Wrote:thanks for including my buffering text suggestion, there seems to be a glitch with your version though:
,'',
is added after Buffering and before the number.
maybe you were trying to make it translatable? but you've probably seen this.

Smiff,

my bad, yes it was changed to make use of translated strings and I messed up the label code. All fixed now, will be in v0.95 release.

Wyrm

- johnscrub - 2010-06-17

not rushing you ...but is there a guesstimation on release of .95?

- wyrm - 2010-06-17

johnscrub Wrote:not rushing you ...but is there a guesstimation on release of .95?

Short answer:- When it's done.Big Grin

Long answer:- Probably fairly soon, but will NOT work on non Xbox builds after svn 28274 (unless I can figure out why parts of the skin are not recognised by xbmc) . At the moment on my windows box cannot access any of my system menus if I am running a build after svn28274. Works just fine on any Xbox build. Currently working on cleaning up a number of the views and adding a new view.

Should I post a couple of teaser screen grabs?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- johnscrub - 2010-06-17

haha..smarta$$!!!but good answer and i only use it on xbox with r30390 from nightly build right now !!Yes teaser shots would be lovely for the massess!!by chance and i will leave u alone after this ...a coverflow view in programs?great dam work am not complaining one bit and sorry if it seems like i am...great skin!!!

- wyrm - 2010-06-25

wyrm Wrote:Short answer:- When it's done.Big Grin

<snip></snip>

Should I post a couple of teaser screen grabs?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Here you go, just to prove I'm not just goofing off. Here is a NEW view that I am currently working on.

Still a work in progress, as I am thinking of swapping the banner icons to the other side of the screen, but what do people think?

Also, I have enabled Coverflow for programs/scripts, but I will also be dropping a number of views (Big Icon, BigWideIcon and WideIcon) as I see no point to them, and the existing (but heavily updated) views pretty well cover what these views did anyway.

Comments welcome.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- johnscrub - 2010-06-25

Looks great and yea i personally like the idea of switch the pic and the banners!!great skin and not once thought you were goofing off....hell we on your dime!!

- wyrm - 2010-06-29

johnscrub Wrote:Looks great and yea i personally like the idea of switch the pic and the banners!!great skin and not once thought you were goofing off....hell we on your dime!!

Not goofing off, just waiting. Wait is over, just had a bug fixed that stopped skin from running for non Xbox builds after svn 28274. Will spend today adding in support for addons, then I need to fix a few more problems and clean up the mess and I should be able to release. Unless things go really bad, maybe two weeks away from release.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-06-30

your skin is my first choice for my xbox multimedia center
if i may request,
can u add comics on home screenHuh
and can u change the keyboard to qwerty ver?
hope for next release soon

thanks

- wyrm - 2010-06-30

lipo Wrote:your skin is my first choice for my xbox multimedia center
if i may request,
can u add comics on home screenHuh
and can u change the keyboard to qwerty ver?
hope for next release soon

thanks

lipo,

name a skin that has comics as a menu item so that I know what needs to be changed in this skin.

QWERTY keyboard, looking into it now. But it's been a while since last public release, so I can't keep on adding features or I will never release. Will see what I can manage for the next release (0.95).

Have pretty well finished adding addons support for non xbox 10.x release of XBMC, but need some time for testing to make sure have not messed up xbox support. So soon on v0.95, but not just yet.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-06-30

wyrm Wrote:lipo,

name a skin that has comics as a menu item so that I know what needs to be changed in this skin.
tranperancy! 2.11 have comic menuBig Grin

- lipo - 2010-06-30

for qwerty keybord, maybe u can take a look at xtv cosfeogo mod
thanks