Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- johnscrub - 2010-07-10

i dont know if this is a bug or xbmc but i can get the masterlock to work with pmIII..and if i set it up in that skin it will work with yours ,,,but if i want to change it...i have to go back into pmiii as it just locks up when i try it in yours...im using t3ch r30442 as of now but has been this way with every revision ive tried on my xbox..i will get a log and post it if i can ever get a url for it....thanks!!!this the link for the log...i cant make sense of it but maybe u can..........................http://pastebin.com/HQcT2fcE

- wyrm - 2010-07-11

johnscrub Wrote:i dont know if this is a bug or xbmc but i can get the masterlock to work with pmIII..and if i set it up in that skin it will work with yours ,,,but if i want to change it...i have to go back into pmiii as it just locks up when i try it in yours...im using t3ch r30442 as of now but has been this way with every revision ive tried on my xbox..i will get a log and post it if i can ever get a url for it....thanks!!!this the link for the log...i cant make sense of it but maybe u can..........................http://pastebin.com/HQcT2fcE

johnscrub,

Sorry dude, that's not a FULL debug log, you need to go to system/settings/system/debugging and toggle on "Enable debug logging".
Not much to go on with what you have provided, but will try to have a poke around and see if I can spot anything. Just the same please provide me with a FULL debug log.

Now there is no doubt problems with this part of the skin (although they may have been fixed recently during current round of beta testing for v0.95) as logins is one area of xbmc that seems to have changed since xTV 2269 was released. I'm trying to fix this side of things to allow 'family' mode, but still having issues here and there.

Wyrm

- wyrm - 2010-07-11

johnscrub Wrote:thanks!!!this the link for the log...i cant make sense of it but maybe u can..........................http://pastebin.com/HQcT2fcE

johnscrub,

not sure if it relates to your problem, but have just found a bug from way back in version 0.7 of xTV SAF (and probably from xTV 2269). DialogVideoScan.xml is just a duplicate of DialogMusicScan.xml, so control id's don't match what XBMC is expecting to see. I'm REALLY blown away that no one has spotted this previously (myself included).

Will code a proper DialogVideoScan.xml and post a link here when I'm done. Thanks for the heads up, BUT please still post a FULL debug log so that I can see if this is what is causing you problems.

Wyrm

- johnscrub - 2010-07-11

it freezes right after i try to access masterlock settings..have to turn off xbox then turn back on ??im sorry to be such a bother ..alli want is to be able to lock game saves separately so as when my kids get on here they caannot delete the softmod save by acccident!!can you ttell me where to look for the masterlock settings or where i can change the xml?oh yea here is link....[url]http://pastebin.com/C8SefHrG

- johnscrub - 2010-07-11

sorry i forgot this ..im using t3ch xbmc build pre-3.0-r30439.your xtvsaf .90,on my xbox......

- wyrm - 2010-07-11

johnscrub Wrote:sorry i forgot this ..im using t3ch xbmc build pre-3.0-r30439.your xtvsaf .90,on my xbox......

johnscrub,

Yep, got that. This is all in the log file, part of the reason I ask for a FULL debug log. On a very quick look it does not seem to relate to DialogVideoScan.xml, so got that bug as an added bonus. Will have a really good look and see what comes up.

Will try to post something in the next couple of days (hopefully a fix), watch this space. Oh, BTW I can't fix what I don't know about. Keep posting problems as it's the only way they will get fixed.

Wyrm

- johnscrub - 2010-07-11

thank you and i try to post them as i find them!!dont want to seem a bother to you or like im complaining...is there anyway you can fix or code as to lock game settings separately from programs and scripts?or just tell me where those files are to change and ill try myself, but as you know what ur doing i feel you would be quicker and do much better than me....thanks

- wyrm - 2010-07-12

johnscrub Wrote:thank you and i try to post them as i find them!!dont want to seem a bother to you or like im complaining...is there anyway you can fix or code as to lock game settings separately from programs and scripts?or just tell me where those files are to change and ill try myself, but as you know what ur doing i feel you would be quicker and do much better than me....thanks

johnscrub,

Sorry I don't make use of this side of xbmc4xbox so I might be wrong on this, but I have no real control over what is displayed thru the locksettings window (just how it is displayed). So unless I code up a custom screen to handle game settings as you suggested (which would be a LOT of work) the only way you are going to see this is to ask the xbmc4xbox developers to include this functionality.

Wyrm

- johnscrub - 2010-07-12

yes ..you are right,but i found a work around .i just edited my custom information xml so as the button doesnt even show up..took me a while to find where to edit it at but it works!!!that was my bigggest thing so that my girls couldnt accidently delete the softmod...it is just crazy that they would put all three options under one lock setting!!?are you stilll gonna post a new DialogVideoScan.xml?thanks for your time!!!hope your not mad at me butchering your work for my needs?

- wyrm - 2010-07-12

wyrm Wrote:johnscrub,

Yep, got that. This is all in the log file, part of the reason I ask for a FULL debug log. On a very quick look it does not seem to relate to DialogVideoScan.xml, so got that bug as an added bonus. Will have a really good look and see what comes up.

Will try to post something in the next couple of days (hopefully a fix), watch this space. Oh, BTW I can't fix what I don't know about. Keep posting problems as it's the only way they will get fixed.

Wyrm

Found what the problem is, the profile settings screen has changed sometime after the Camelot release of XBMC. Since my skin was not supplying the correct buttons for your version of XBMC, it was causing the crash that you saw. Now ordinarily I would just post a link to the corrected file, but what I have coded for v0.95 would not work in v0.90 (relates to being able to change the colours of certain screen elements). Since v0.95 is due in a week or three Rolleyes, I think the current solution is to change this sort of thing in one of the other skins or to revert to a earlier release of XBMC until v0.95 is released. So in short:

• Fixed in v0.95 but only for fairly late version of XBMC (sometime after svn 31455 in windows or equivalent in XBMC4XBOX )
  • Broken in v0.90 for builds sometime after XBMC Camelot, but not sure exactly which build (and don't have time to pin this down).
Just note, v0.95 is going to be only for windows build svn31455 and later due to a bug in xbmc that caused my custom skin screens not to be found. If you don't intend to upgrade past Camelot, stay with v0.90 of the skin.

Wyrm

- Fragarach - 2010-07-19

wyrm Wrote:Just note, v0.95 is going to be only for windows build svn31455 and later due to a bug in xbmc that caused my custom skin screens not to be found. If you don't intend to upgrade past Camelot, stay with v0.90 of the skin.

Wyrm

Does this mean that it won't work with the newest build on xbox?

I just recentely soft-modded a second xbox with the newest build from sshcs and xTV v0.90 doesn't work on it. Says something about the skin not being compatible because it isn't higher then v2.0 or something. Will v0.95 correct this problem? We are running the new box in the living room now and my wife is hatin usin PMIII. She want's her xTV!!!

Thanx for all you do, Wyrm!!!

Joe

- wyrm - 2010-07-19

Fragarach Wrote:Does this mean that it won't work with the newest build on xbox?

I just recentely soft-modded a second xbox with the newest build from sshcs and xTV v0.90 doesn't work on it. Says something about the skin not being compatible because it isn't higher then v2.0 or something. Will v0.95 correct this problem? We are running the new box in the living room now and my wife is hatin usin PMIII. She want's her xTV!!!

Thanx for all you do, Wyrm!!!

Joe

Joe,

latest sshcs does not really tell me much. What svn build are you running, probably should be something like 3xxxx. Anyway both v0.90 and v0.95 should run fine on most xbox builds post Camelot as the bug that I mentioned in a previous post only affects NON Xbox builds of XBMC.

Now as to skin not being compatible because it isn't higher than v2.0, it should be fine as xTV SAF lists itself as using v2.11 of the skin engine. I would think that it is a xbmc4xbox build problem or the skin.xml file has been corrupted. Probably the first thing to try is to reinstall a good copy of the skin into the skin directory. If things were working with a previous build of xbmc4xbox use the zip file that you used for that to reinstall the skin. If that does not seem to help, try grabbing a different build of xbmc and see if that helps.

As to v0.95, it is coming along (I currently have a directory on my system called "skin.xTV_SAF_v0.95RC1", bet you can guess what that means). Have had a couple of set backs in "Real Life" that have put things on hold a little. It's close, just can't say how close at this stage. Stay patient as rest assured it will be worth it. The beta testers and I are pretty happy with what I have come up with, it's just a case of removing the building rubble and scaffolding and I should be good to go.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Fragarach - 2010-07-19

Under system info it says "XBMC4Xbox pre-3.0-r30452 (compiled:Jul 11 2010)

I DL'd v0.90 from xbmcsvn.com via the link in your first post in this thread. It doesn't say incompatible anymore, but some features are unavailable and in red, saying I have to update. Am I using to old of a build? I only installed it last week and I'm pretty sure it was the newest build at the time.

Thanx!

Joe

- wyrm - 2010-07-19

Fragarach Wrote:Under system info it says "XBMC4Xbox pre-3.0-r30452 (compiled:Jul 11 2010)

I DL'd v0.90 from xbmcsvn.com via the link in your first post in this thread. It doesn't say incompatible anymore, but some features are unavailable and in red, saying I have to update. Am I using to old of a build? I only installed it last week and I'm pretty sure it was the newest build at the time.

Thanx!

Joe

Joe,

the features showing in red should only show briefly (until the check to see if your version supports special// file addressing, which your version should). If you go back to those menu pages the text in red should now be the usual text colour. If it is not, it sounds as if the userdata/guisettings.xml file may have become corrupted. Now you can delete the file (xbmc will generate a new file), but you will lose ALL of your setting. Or you can edit the file to remove ALL of the entries for "skin.xTV_SAF...", which will blow away all of the settings set by xTV_SAF.

Now this should work, but I'm beginning to think you may have some sort of hardware problem with the xbox (hard drive problem at a guess), so you should probably check that everything is OK there.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- h0bbit - 2010-07-20

first i wanted to just say Wow, and thanks! I can't believe I havent stumbled upon this skin yet. I have been looking for a SD skin for my xbox for some time that was just clean since i have so many xbox's setup for family members who are not technically viable.

This skin is EXACTLY what i have been looking for, and works and looks perfectly!

One question however. When using Default sources for movies and TV shows, is it possible to have the back button go to the main menu rather than the video source list?