Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2010-07-20

h0bbit Wrote:first i wanted to just say Wow, and thanks! I can't believe I havent stumbled upon this skin yet. I have been looking for a SD skin for my xbox for some time that was just clean since i have so many xbox's setup for family members who are not technically viable.

This skin is EXACTLY what i have been looking for, and works and looks perfectly!

One question however. When using Default sources for movies and TV shows, is it possible to have the back button go to the main menu rather than the video source list?

hObbit,

As mentioned in an earlier post, v0.95 is VERY close to release so I'm not real keen on messing with things too much. But I will take a quick look at what I have got happening currently with default sources. I think I have already done something about this, but it's all become a bit of a blur as to what has been fixed (LOTS, I can't believe the number of bugs stomped in this version).

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Version 0.95 Now available - wyrm - 2010-08-08

Hi Gang,

After a very long wait version 0.95 is now available. Hi-lite's include:

• Updated on screen keyboard
  • New Music and Video info screens
  • Add-ons support
  • A new view "Banner" for TV shows with banner icons
  • Removing a number of old views (don't really fit with the skin)
  • Updated remaining views (most have media info in library mode)
  • Support for Subtitle selection in the Video OSD
  • Trainers support thanks to Cospefogo
  • Colour themes have had a major update. Can now change the colour of scrollbars and other gui elements
  • Clean up of a number of graphics (Thanks to hObbit for some, the good ones)
  • And numerous bug fixes (thanks to the beta team Smiff, nuzecast and hObbit)
See the [post=417901]first post[/post] of this thread for download instructions. Sorry a number of feature where pulled late in the beta phase due to time constraints, hopefully they will make an appearance in v1.0. Main feature of v1.0 will be to move the skins code to 720p as support in XBMC for skins coded in SD would appear to be numbered. This does NOT mean that you won't be able to use the skin in SD, just that I need to code the skin as if it was running in 720p (xbmc will scale the skin to whatever resolution required).

No doubt there are still one or two bugs left. If you find anything please post to the bug thread.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-08-08

yay i was debating whether to email you and ask what's up, glad you got it done first Smile thanks.

edit2: my bad, i think it's fine. just some ftp problems.

edit3:
I posted release notification over at XBMC4Xbox since this is a great low-ram Xbox skin and many Xbox users are there now:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=596

not sure how to get this updated on SSHCS etc?

keyboard - johnscrub - 2010-08-12

Hey am sorry to bother you but ..i am having an issue with the keyboard.I loved it in the beta version but in this one i cannot see the letters highlighted to even select them...i do have a full debug but last time i was using online site you were not getting all of it so im gonna post in an email to send to you!!??/hope that is ok....thanks and final looks excellent

johnscrub

- wyrm - 2010-08-12

Smiff Wrote:edit3:
I posted release notification over at XBMC4Xbox since this is a great low-ram Xbox skin and many Xbox users are there now:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=596

not sure how to get this updated on SSHCS etc?
Smiff,

Thanks for waving the flag, don't worry about the xTV skeptics, as you said they are not the target audience anyway. I have held off getting it onto SSHCS and the other usual download sites as I had noticed a couple of small bugs that I have now fixed, but was waiting to see if there where any others. Have had one issue posted on xbmc4xbox site (fixed) and about to answer another one from this thread.

I noticed that you posted over at xbmc4xbox that in 720p things where less than perfect. Other than the seekslider image issue, what is the problem?

I will approach Bram77 and Craig in the next day or so when I'm sure I've hit all of the obvious issues. Stay tuned.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- wyrm - 2010-08-12

johnscrub Wrote:Hey am sorry to bother you but ..i am having an issue with the keyboard.I loved it in the beta version but in this one i cannot see the letters highlighted to even select them...i do have a full debug but last time i was using online site you were not getting all of it so im gonna post in an email to send to you!!??/hope that is ok....thanks and final looks excellent

johnscrub

johnscrub,

Received your e-mail, nothing obvious in the log file (but yes, much easier to read that way). Could you please e-mail me a screengrab of the problem and let me know what theme you are using (white?) and I will see what I have changed. Sorry about the last minute problems, but things were a little rushed towards the end there and I missed checking a couple of things before release. As mentioned earlier in the thread, v0.96 is waiting to go. Just want to make sure that it is up to snuff this time.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- johnscrub - 2010-08-12

Hey it was not your fault it was mine!!!i changed the textures.xpr in .90 and instead of redoing this one i just transfered it over so get my home screen icons how i had them,,,again i am sorry to have wasted yout time !!!The skin looks fantastic!!!I was using beta up until a few days ago..as my computer has been out for the count and have not been able to check for this beauty!!Ill fix my textures tommorow and all will be grand!!Thanks for your great work!!

Johnscrub

i just figured it and wanted to let you know as soon as i could

- wyrm - 2010-08-12

johnscrub Wrote:Hey it was not your fault it was mine!!!i changed the textures.xpr in .90 and instead of redoing this one i just transfered it over so get my home screen icons how i had them,,,again i am sorry to have wasted yout time !!!The skin looks fantastic!!!I was using beta up until a few days ago..as my computer has been out for the count and have not been able to check for this beauty!!Ill fix my textures tommorow and all will be grand!!Thanks for your great work!!

Johnscrub

i just figured it and wanted to let you know as soon as i could

johnscrub,

good to hear. Did not think I had messed with the keyboard since I sent you the teaser beta.

So you are running a modified .xpr file. Maybe when you have it sorted you can send me a copy. Just a note, if you are only changing a few of the images, just store the changed images in a .xpr file (give it a different name, eg. johnscrub.xml) and then select that file as a theme. Any image missing from your .xpr file will be pulled from Textures.xpr instead. That's basically the way that themes work. As a added bonus, make a colour default file (the ones stored in ../color directory) with the same name as your .xpr file and it will be loaded at the same time as the new .xpr file. Hope that helps.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- johnscrub - 2010-08-12

Yes it does help and thanks for info!!!Basically all ive done is changed a few of the home screen icons to some other pics i had and made it a little more personal.....nothing worth noting but eye pleasing to me!!Great work!!

Version 0.96 Now available - wyrm - 2010-08-17

Have just posted a minor update of the skin, version 0.96. Have fixed a number of overlapping fields, Bookmarks and system info where broken and tweaked a number of the views a little. See the first post for download link. I will notify Bram77 and Craig of SSHCS to update their sites to show the new versions, hopefully you should see them appear on the sites within 24 hours.

Now, as mentioned before August is just insane for me in the real world, so there will not be any work on the skin until September. I need to do quite a bit of work to move the skin to a 720p code base, so don't expect another update for a while.

Just the same, PLEASE post bugs or suggestions for improvements to the bug thread. I only have a small beta test team, so there are a number of areas of the skin that just don't get tested. Chances are pretty good that I have no idea about your favourite bug, so if you don't post a bug report it won't get fixed.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-08-18

i love this skin, work great on xbox, but im having some trouble on 0.96 ver
i cant hide coverflow view on program/script
also on progam
list view & several other view, the image block trainer icon (grey triangle)

- wyrm - 2010-08-19

lipo Wrote:i love this skin, work great on xbox, but im having some trouble on 0.96 ver
i cant hide coverflow view on program/script
lipo, had a quick look at this and it's basically a typo in the file custom52_ViewSettings.xml. If you are able to get into that file and find the section that starts <control type="radiobutton" id="148"> (should be the last section right at the end of the file). You need to change the line with the <onclick> to read <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(views-programcoverflow)</onclick> (you will see ...programwcoverflow... note the extra 'w'). Sorry not a major issue, so it will appear in the next release when I get some time to work on it
Quote:also on progam
list view & several other view, the image block trainer icon (grey triangle)
Sorry lipo, that sounds a bit more involved. REALLY don't have any time at the moment to try to track that down. I will add it to my todo list and see what I can find. I might need you to post a Full debug log, but I will get back to you if I do when I get a chance to take a look at this.

Wyrm

- lipo - 2010-08-19

wyrm Wrote:lipo, had a quick look at this and it's basically a typo in the file custom52_ViewSettings.xml. If you are able to get into that file and find the section that starts <control type="radiobutton" id="148"> (should be the last section right at the end of the file). You need to change the line with the <onclick> to read <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(views-programcoverflow)</onclick> (you will see ...programwcoverflow... note the extra 'w'). Sorry not a major issue, so it will appear in the next release when I get some time to work on it
niceSmile now it worked
xtv probably the most memory efficient skin for xbox beside pm3Laugh
compared to confluance
confluance
xtv

- wyrm - 2010-08-20

lipo Wrote:niceSmile now it worked
xtv probably the most memory efficient skin for xbox beside pm3Laugh
compared to confluance
lipo,
That's good to hear. If you find any other problems PLEASE post them as I just use xbmc on the xbox to play movies and music for the kids. I really don't get to see other problems unless I'm actively looking for them. The info screen you showed in your post did not work until recently (I stumbled across the problem while looking at something else).

As to the memory usage, that probably is not fair on confluence. It was written from the start to run on a platform that was not constrained by graphics and memory constraints. Turn on some of the 'new' eye candy in xTV SAF and see the memory drop to close to the same level as confluence (but probably not quite the same level). Having said that, there is a little fat left in the skin that has collected there over the course of my modding. Hopefully v1.0 will be a little lighter on the memory as I get rid of some of the junk that has built up.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-08-27

more memory efficient, cant wait for next releaseLaugh
anyway im having problem with visualization preset
it just show blank
when i switch to other skin, i dont have this problem
sorry i cant test more advance feature, mostly im using my xbox for games (im old schoolBig Grin)