Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- Smiff - 2010-09-10

small thing before i forget:
can you please add the view panel to context menus. so when view panel is hidden, there's still a way to access it.
nice work Wyrm sorry i owe you various things now.

- wyrm - 2010-09-11

Smiff Wrote:small thing before i forget:
can you please add the view panel to context menus. so when view panel is hidden, there's still a way to access it.
nice work Wyrm sorry i owe you various things now.
Smiff,

lost me there mate, not sure what you are asking for.

If you mean can I add a way to change the view when you have "locked the view panel", it's simple, go back into system/settings/skin/views and turn off the above setting. That is basically what other skins would call kiosk mode. If you have set kiosk mode it's because you don't want young (or old for that matter) fingers playing with things that they could break.

You might notice that there is a settings button in the context menu that you can quickly get to you to the required setting to turn the view panel on/off, so it's not really that hard to flip the setting as required.

If that is NOT what you mean, maybe you could provide a screenshot to show me what you mean.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-09-12

i compare to other skin, it doesnt have milkdrop setting & preset button on player control
ImageImage
as picture in my previous post show ,milkdrop setting & preset dialog also block player control osd
so for last option, maybe you can delete milkdrop setting & preset button altogether
also a small error

- lipo - 2010-09-12

hi its me again:p
scraper settin on music setting just blank
ImageImage

- wyrm - 2010-09-12

lipo Wrote:hi its me again:p
scraper settin on music setting just blank
lipo, can you please post a debug log and screenshot. Try to startup xbmc and go straight to the problem then shutdown xbmc and post the log and screenshot. Also, when you post multiple screenshots for a debug log could you please label each screenshot with the original name (it's shown in the debug log, so I can match the problem with the screenshot in the debug log).

Now as to this problem, it relates to xbox only, as xbmc does not have scraper settings shown on this screen any more, so I need to find which .xml file the problem relates to. Thus the instructions above, will just make it a little easier to find what needs fixing.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-09-12

here the log
http://pastebin.com/m6dF1xXU
i go stright to system=>setting=>music

- wyrm - 2010-09-12

lipo Wrote:here the log
http://pastebin.com/m6dF1xXU
i go stright to system=>setting=>music
lipo,

good, got the right dialogue now. Just be aware that if you visit http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/ you will see some discussion on this in the skin forum there. Basically it's a changed introduced into the xbmc4xbox code. Not sure what I will do about it at this stage, but will be resolved (hopefully) when I release v1.0

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- lipo - 2010-10-18

any progress when the next version gonna be released??

- wyrm - 2010-10-18

lipo Wrote:any progress when the next version gonna be released??
Lipo,

When it's done sport. Main aim of next version is to get into the main repo, so there needs to be a number of changes made to allow this. Since the version that you saw, I have changed the font (old font would not be allowed into the main repo) and updated the weather screen (and home menu current condition icon). Icons for weather are now animated and the weather screen is much cleaner looking. Have mainly been cleaning up the code, so there is not a whole lot of difference in the skins look, just a little more polish.

I still have a number of things that need seeing to, but it's hard to say at this stage when it will all come together. Really depends on how a few things that I don't have a lot of control over go. I will post something when I have a better idea of how things are going.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- ocmdiaz714 - 2011-01-05

First of, let me tell you that this a great skin! I've gone through so many and finally found out that hasn't frozen and has handled everything with such ease! I just had a few issues I would like to receive help on, if possible. I'm running build 30776 of T3CH's modified XBMC4XBOX system. One problem is not being able to network when using the skin. I know it sounds silly, but whenever I try to access my XBOX via FTP I get no access and the XBOX's IP shows as 0. I have it set to DHCP. But I get instant access when using any other skin. Another thing is fan-art, why isn't there an option to load fan-art on music media info? Also, where's the status on update scans and such? And lastly, the power menu looks bad whenever a user is logged in; however, when nobody is logged in, it looks fine. I think it's the added user button which sets it off. I attached a screenshot to further show to you what I mean. Thanks.

Just found out that I do receive FTP access by loading into a skin other than xTV, and then setting xTV as my skin afterwards. Which is still annoying. And one last thing, where is the xTV splash image located? I would like to replace the apple TV based image and replace it with an image of an XBOX console.

- wyrm - 2011-01-05

ocmdiaz714 Wrote:First of, let me tell you that this a great skin! I've gone through so many and finally found out that hasn't frozen and has handled everything with such ease! I just had a few issues I would like to receive help on, if possible. I'm running build 30776 of T3CH's modified XBMC4XBOX system. One problem is not being able to network when using the skin. I know it sounds silly, but whenever I try to access my XBOX via FTP I get no access and the XBOX's IP shows as 0. I have it set to DHCP. But I get instant access when using any other skin.

ocmdiaz714,

I have only just got back from camping just a couple of hours ago so will not be back up to speed on the skin for a day or so, but v1.0 will probably be out by the weekend. If you are up for downloading the skin thru a SVN it's available for the Xbox here http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-wyrm/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FxTV-SAF

Or http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-wyrm/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fskin.xtv-saf for non Xbox builds.

I don't see any reason why there should be any network problems with my skin and not anyone else's skin, so could you please post a FULL debug log to pastebin or any other online file host site and post a link to the file back here. Please DON'T post parts of the debug log file as there is important information at the start of the file that will help with diagnosing the problem.
Quote: Another thing is fan-art, why isn't there an option to load fan-art on music media info?
Fan-art support has been overhauled for v1.0 should work in a lot more areas of XBMC now, will check if it's working on this screen.
Quote:Also, where's the status on update scans and such?
Fixed in v1.0
Quote: And lastly, the power menu looks bad whenever a user is logged in; however, when nobody is logged in, it looks fine. I think it's the added user button which sets it off.
Power menu has been overhauled for v1.0, should be fixed. Will check.

Quote: And one last thing, where is the xTV splash image located? I would like to replace the apple TV based image and replace it with an image of an XBOX console.
This image is stored in the .xpr file in the /media directory of the skin. To replace you need to unpack Textures.xpr file and replace the "background-startup.png" before you repack the Tectures.xpr file. Or you can edit the "Startup.xml" file in the /PAL directory to point your file instead of the "background-startup.png" file. If you are using a widescreen TV the stratup file is located in "/PAL 16x9" directory instead.

Wyrm

- ocmdiaz714 - 2011-01-05

wyrm Wrote:ocmdiaz714,

I have only just got back from camping just a couple of hours ago so will not be back up to speed on the skin for a day or so, but v1.0 will probably be out by the weekend. If you are up for downloading the skin thru a SVN it's available for the Xbox here http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-wyrm/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FxTV-SAF

Or http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-wyrm/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fskin.xtv-saf for non Xbox builds.

I don't see any reason why there should be any network problems with my skin and not anyone else's skin, so could you please post a FULL debug log to pastebin or any other online file host site and post a link to the file back here. Please DON'T post parts of the debug log file as there is important information at the start of the file that will help with diagnosing the problem.
Fan-art support has been overhauled for v1.0 should work in a lot more areas of XBMC now, will check if it's working on this screen.
Fixed in v1.0
Power menu has been overhauled for v1.0, should be fixed. Will check.

This image is stored in the .xpr file in the /media directory of the skin. To replace you need to unpack Textures.xpr file and replace the "background-startup.png" before you repack the Tectures.xpr file. Or you can edit the "Startup.xml" file in the /PAL directory to point your file instead of the "background-startup.png" file. If you are using a widescreen TV the stratup file is located in "/PAL 16x9" directory instead.

Wyrm

Thanks a lot for all the info. I completely ignored this was a mod in it's early stages, it's looking great so far though. I also saw that there's a download availabe for a regular xTV SAF plus another for the Xbox console, is there any difference? I had downloaded skin.xTV_SAF_v0.96.zip, but am now in the process of downloading xTV_SAF.zip. As for the network problems, I guess my system was just acting up because it's fine now. Oo

- wyrm - 2011-01-05

ocmdiaz714 Wrote:Thanks a lot for all the info. I completely ignored this was a mod in it's early stages, it's looking great so far though. I also saw that there's a download availabe for a regular xTV SAF plus another for the Xbox console, is there any difference? I had downloaded skin.xTV_SAF_v0.96.zip, but am now in the process of downloading xTV_SAF.zip. As for the network problems, I guess my system was just acting up because it's fine now. Oo

ocmdiaz714,

For XBox the file you want is xTV_SAF.zip. Not a real lot of difference other than the name of the skin as this version was pretty much a universal version. Version 1.0 is not really universal any more, so you will need to make sure you download the correct version when I release it. If you where not running v0.96 which version were you running, as v0.96 has been available since August of last year? If you like v0.96 you will love v1.0 as it is quicker, more polished and now with 50% less bugs Big Grin.

Wyrm

- ocmdiaz714 - 2011-01-09

Tried out xTV SAF 1.0. Great upgrade! I just had one question, which may sound silly, but what major differences does this mod create against the standard xTV skin?

- wyrm - 2011-01-09

ocmdiaz714 Wrote:Tried out xTV SAF 1.0. Great upgrade! I just had one question, which may sound silly, but what major differences does this mod create against the standard xTV skin?
ocmdiaz714,

it works on XBMC Dharma. xTV would appear to no longer be under development.

Wyrm