Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- Sharpe - 2011-01-25

wyrm Wrote:Sharpe,

Hey buddy good to hear from you. Yea on reflection that was what I thought I would do. Kind of busy at the moment as I managed late last night to sort out a problem with the UI part of adding alternate entry points to the library. Will spend the next day or so cleaning things up so that I can make a new release (Non Xbox people will get a chance to see all of the changes from v1.0.0). Once I have done that will be the first thing fixed (watch the SVN for those on the bleeding edge).

Wyrm

Hi wyrm, I'm looking forward to seeing your alternate library entry points - sounds good.

Have you thought about getting xTV SAF onto the Passion repo once you release the latest version? I'm sure ppic and the gang would happily add it.

- wyrm - 2011-01-25

Sharpe Wrote:Hi wyrm, I'm looking forward to seeing your alternate library entry points - sounds good.

Have you thought about getting xTV SAF onto the Passion repo once you release the latest version? I'm sure ppic and the gang would happily add it.
Sharpe,

It's on my list of things todo. xTV-SAF will get into the main repo one day, but just too hard at the moment. What is required to get into Passion?

Wyrm

- Sharpe - 2011-01-25

Nothing really just let ppic know.

- lipo - 2011-01-26

having some problem with full screen music osd

i have no problem with video osd

http://pastebin.com/UtbrimkM

- wyrm - 2011-01-27

lipo Wrote:having some problem with full screen music osd

i have no problem with video osd

Lipo,

Pasting a log file is good, but what is the problem? How about a short description of the problem or maybe even a screen grab to show the problem. Also I take it that you are using v1.0.0 of the skin on the XBox is that correct?

Wyrm

- lipo - 2011-01-27

i did post screenshot but here it is again, also im using 1.00 xbox ver
the bottom osd dont appear

- Beardo - 2011-01-28

Wyrm

Hi mate, i'm using this skin on an ATV2 and loving it, the kids and the misses can use it without me explaining anything so its doing what you wanted!Big Grin

One quick question - I noticed a post from Smith many pages back about blocky icons for the sources and mine is doing that. Its like an upscaled 80*80 icon across the screen or somthing.

Is there a way i can give each source a different image to represent whats under that source?

I've got ones for kids films, new films etc. to split things up. I don't want the kids playing Saw 79 instead of Bolt!

Anyway, thanks again. Suspect many will use this on teh ATV2 as it fits in nicely and runs very snappily on it.

- erMonas - 2011-01-29

This skin plays really nice with the 2nd gen. Apple TV. You should update the icons that show the 1st gen. device, however.

Also ¿Is it possible to change the xTV SAF logo on the main screen? Thanks.

- wyrm - 2011-01-30

Beardo Wrote:Wyrm

Hi mate, i'm using this skin on an ATV2 and loving it, the kids and the misses can use it without me explaining anything so its doing what you wanted!Big Grin

One quick question - I noticed a post from Smith many pages back about blocky icons for the sources and mine is doing that. Its like an upscaled 80*80 icon across the screen or somthing.
Probably the next big thing on my todo list is to move the skin to 720p (skin currently coded at PAL resolution). I will take another look at the icons at this time, but it is a very big job, so sorry it won't be fixed for a while.
Quote:Is there a way i can give each source a different image to represent whats under that source?
From the way you phrased that question I assume that you are using 'File' mode and not 'library' mode. In 'File' mode, move the focus to the source that you want to change and bring up the 'context' menu (not sure how under iOS, but 'C' under Windows XP). Select 'chose thumbnail'
Quote:Anyway, thanks again. Suspect many will use this on teh ATV2 as it fits in nicely and runs very snappily on it.
Yep, I will be one of those as soon as I get v1.0.2 out the door. I have been sweating blood for the last week or so trying to get the gui right to add 'library entry points'. Think I will just fall back to using a series of toggle buttons as I just can't get things working to my satisfaction. So new version due 'real soon now' tm.

Wyrm

- wyrm - 2011-01-30

erMonas Wrote:This skin plays really nice with the 2nd gen. Apple TV. You should update the icons that show the 1st gen. device, however.

Also ¿Is it possible to change the xTV SAF logo on the main screen? Thanks.
erMonas,

the file you would need to change for the background is 'background-startup-16x9.png' (or 'background-startup.png in SD), but this file and most of the other skin graphics are included in the .xbt file so you can't edit it. If you are able to manage it you could make your own .xbt file with just this file compressed in it and then put the file in a .zip file and load it as a theme (installing themes will be part of v1.0.2). I have had a quick play and have something that I could probably release as a theme, but first I need to get v1.0.2 out the door. Same thing applies with the xTV-SAF logo. I have only included it in the default theme, so if it bothers you overly much you will just need to load another theme where I have included the old logo file.

Now back to work on v1.0.2

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Non XBox build of skin updated - wyrm - 2011-02-01

Hi Guys,

See first page of this thread for the release notice and download location of v1.0.2. This is Non XBox release just for the moment until I move the changes across to the XBox build (should only be a day or two). Stay tuned.

With this release I will take a little break to play with my AppleTV (Gen2) and update my video collection. After I come back I will be working on moving the coding of the skin to 720p (currently coded for PAL), so blocky graphics should be a thing of the past.

Enjoy
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- batrad - 2011-02-01

wyrm,

Thanks for providing the updated non-XBOX verison. Installed on my HTPC/Live Build and I now see the window or cursor information on the top left corner of the screen (window x,y ..)
Looks like some debugging code made it over into the release.

Does not happen with any other skin.

How do I disable this ?

Thanks

- pecinko - 2011-02-01

You open addon.xml and change

PHP Code:
debugging="true"/> 

to

PHP Code:
debugging="false"/> 

It's in your skin folder.

- batrad - 2011-02-01

pecinko Wrote:You open addon.xml and change

PHP Code:
debugging="true"/> 

to

PHP Code:
debugging="false"/> 

It's in your skin folder.

Thanks. will try this tonight...

- wyrm - 2011-02-02

batrad Wrote:Thanks. will try this tonight...

Yes, that's exactly it. Sorry about that, to the 23 people that downloaded the zip before this post you will need to follow the above instructions to turn off the debug info.

To everyone else, I have just re-uploaded the corrected file to my google code page. One other change is to remove the local copy of the white theme (reduces the initial download by 2M). If you want to use the white (or any other themes) you can download it from the new Install Theme button located in the System menu. More themes to follow in the future (and instructions on how theme packages are layed out for if you want to make your own)

Once again sorry to the 23 early adopters.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)