Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- batrad - 2011-02-02

wyrm,

no issues, that's what testing is all about.. Great skin, its back to being the default on my HTPC

also waiting on my ATV2 to be delivered, hope the ISO playback is fixed soon on it..

Looks like another minor bug - challenger - 2011-02-02

Hi wyrm,

First of all thank you for your development - my wife and kids do appreciate it every day :-)

The only issue I have now is that I can't change audio settings using apple remote during movie playback. As usual, I hold menu button, get overlay menu bars, then select sound options, and the respective menu is displayed, but when I press down on the remote, the selection is not moving. IMHO, this issue appeared after upgrade to Dharma, and I don't have it in another skins like confluence or alaska, but I want to use yours :-)

Please take a look and let me know if it can be fixed.

P.S. I use passthrough setup for sound output, and top line item - volume control is inactive, may be this is the reason?

P.P.S. I works OK with mouse, moreover, if I move mouse and one of the items is selected, then remote is working.

- wyrm - 2011-02-02

batrad Wrote:wyrm,

no issues, that's what testing is all about.. Great skin, its back to being the default on my HTPC

also waiting on my ATV2 to be delivered, hope the ISO playback is fixed soon on it..
batrad,

Thanks for being understanding, but to me it's unprofessional. Hope you think it's worth the hassle.

I just have a minor issue to fix with the XBox build and then I can step back a little bit for a while and use the skin (on the AppleTV Gen2) as just a user. I have quite a backlog of library updating and uploading of 'new' video content to get thru. Maybe I can get a little idea of some of the issues that bigger libraries cause other people.

Wyrm

- wyrm - 2011-02-02

challenger Wrote:Hi wyrm,

First of all thank you for your development - my wife and kids do appreciate it every day :-)

The only issue I have now is that I can't change audio settings using apple remote during movie playback. As usual, I hold menu button, get overlay menu bars, then select sound options, and the respective menu is displayed, but when I press down on the remote, the selection is not moving. IMHO, this issue appeared after upgrade to Dharma, and I don't have it in another skins like confluence or alaska, but I want to use yours :-)

Please take a look and let me know if it can be fixed.

P.S. I use passthrough setup for sound output, and top line item - volume control is inactive, may be this is the reason?

P.P.S. I works OK with mouse, moreover, if I move mouse and one of the items is selected, then remote is working.
challenger,

While I think I know where you are talking about the problem occurring, could you please post a debug log and a picture of the screen where the issue occurs. A skin is a big place to go trawling thru, so ALL hints to narrow down problems help.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- challenger - 2011-02-03

wyrm Wrote:challenger,

While I think I know where you are talking about the problem occurring, could you please post a debug log and a picture of the screen where the issue occurs. A skin is a big place to go trawling thru, so ALL hints to narrow down problems help.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Here we are :-)

Debug log http://pastebin.com/sRgBXHLF

And please advise on how can I send you a screenshot?

Thanx a lot!

- wyrm - 2011-02-03

challenger Wrote:Here we are :-)

Debug log http://pastebin.com/sRgBXHLF

And please advise on how can I send you a screenshot?

Thanx a lot!
challenger,

May not be required, you are trying to make a change to the audio and subtitle settings while playing a video in fullscreen, is that correct? Does the problem also happen on the video settings dialog as well?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- challenger - 2011-02-03

May not be required, you are trying to make a change to the audio and subtitle settings while playing a video in fullscreen, is that correct? Does the problem also happen on the video settings dialog as well?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Affirmative, Sir :-) no problems with video settings, moreover, if I disable AC3 and DTS passthrough in system\system\audio, top line item (volume control) becomes active, and remote is working perfectly!

Hope this clears everything up, and the fix doesn't require a lot of effort :-)))

- wyrm - 2011-02-04

challenger Wrote:Affirmative, Sir :-) no problems with video settings, moreover, if I disable AC3 and DTS passthrough in system\system\audio, top line item (volume control) becomes active, and remote is working perfectly!

Hope this clears everything up, and the fix doesn't require a lot of effort :-)))
challenger,

Well that would seem to confirm pretty well what I found looking thru the debug log and then checking my code. I'm 95% certain that it's a build problem. I say this as my code matches a number of other skins almost exactly and because you are not having any problems with the video settings. The audio and video settings use the same skin file (VideoOSDSettings.xml), so it would seem that is ok.

I have made a very minor change to the above file that might fix things (but I really doubt it will), if you would like me to send it to you please PM your e-mail address and I will send it to you. Sorry I could not be any more help than that.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- challenger - 2011-02-04

Well that would seem to confirm pretty well what I found looking thru the debug log and then checking my code. I'm 95% certain that it's a build problem. I say this as my code matches a number of other skins almost exactly and because you are not having any problems with the video settings. The audio and video settings use the same skin file (VideoOSDSettings.xml), so it would seem that is ok.

I have made a very minor change to the above file that might fix things (but I really doubt it will), if you would like me to send it to you please PM your e-mail address and I will send it to you. Sorry I could not be any more help than that.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hi Wyrm,

definitely I will, my e-mail is in your PM inbox already. And I have one general comment - both confluence and alaska don't have this problem.

BR

- wyrm - 2011-02-04

challenger Wrote:Hi Wyrm,

definitely I will, my e-mail is in your PM inbox already. And I have one general comment - both confluence and alaska don't have this problem.

BR
challenger,

Yep got it. Fix is on its way via the Worldwidewait (well e-mail at any rate) as I type. Please advise if it works.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- challenger - 2011-02-04

Yep got it. Fix is on its way via the Worldwidewait (well e-mail at any rate) as I type. Please advise if it works.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Wyrm, you're my Hero!!! Problem is gone now, everybody's happy :-)))

Many thanx and all the best!!!

SVN version of skin now avaliable in Passion Repo - wyrm - 2011-02-24

Hi everyone,

The skin is now available thru the Passion repo. I have posted details in the first post of this thread, but details can be found here on how to gain access to the Passion repo.

The skin that is listed on this repo is the nightly builds of the skin (copied from my google code page each morning French time). While there is a potential for there to be bugs with this build, bug fixes will quite often be available with the next days build.
If you would to see what has changed with the skin check here for the SVN changelog.

Of note for future releases to the google SVN is a relayout of the skin settings menu (now matches the other settings menus) and TVTunes and TVlogos support. I have this working on my local SVN, but there still remains a few rough edges. I will upload my local SVN to the Google SVN (and the Passion repo will pick it up from there) when I am happy with the local version. Hopefully should be available in a day or so.

Once again, if you find any bugs, please let me know so that I can stomp the little suckers.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- wyrm - 2011-02-28

Hi Gang,

New skin menu structure now in the nightly's of the skin (available thru Passion repo). TVTunes support now up and working (let me know if any problems) and the start of TVLogos support. At the moment TVLogos are only shown in Video info screen and in "List2" view, but I'm about to start work on the other views now. Again any issues Please post here with details.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- Prizm4 - 2011-03-15

I've just tried out this skin, looking for something that's nice and easy for the wife.

I like how it's fast to use, and the Settings section is easy to change options in. The reflection of the homescreen icons is nice. This skin has impressed me, and I find it much more usable than many others.

Some thoughts:

- The homescreen menu doesn't look a whole lot different than the submenus. The font and font size are exactly the same. Perhaps something to help differentiate the homescreen buttons from all the others? Also the buttons (not the text) seem about three times wider than they really need to be (at least in widescreen res).

- I agree the right arrow > on the Homescreen is confusing. An option to turn it off, at least just in the Homescreen would be nice.

- The xTV icon on the homescreen looks out of place and to be honest, kinda tacky. Perhaps it can be put in the bottom corner?

- You mentioned you were intending to update to a 720p version - that would be great. Currently many icons look stretched in widescreen res (like the OSD), and also some of the large icons look pixellated.

- Is it possible for an option to press the Back button and go from TV Shows straight back to the homescreen? At the moment, I have to push Back about three times to get through the various submenus back to homescreen.

- It would be nice to have some additional views. The banner view for TV Shows is great and one of the best TV views I've seen. But I do miss Wallstream 2 for movies. I understand additional views can be downloaded from other sources, but I'm not sure how to easily integrate these into xTV.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, and it's great to have such a usable skin.

- wyrm - 2011-03-15

Prizm4 Wrote:I've just tried out this skin, looking for something that's nice and easy for the wife.

I like how it's fast to use, and the Settings section is easy to change options in. The reflection of the homescreen icons is nice. This skin has impressed me, and I find it much more usable than many others.
Thank you, I think its finally starting to come together. Still plenty of ways to up the SAF on it, so more development to follow.
Quote:Some thoughts:

- The homescreen menu doesn't look a whole lot different than the submenus. The font and font size are exactly the same. Perhaps something to help differentiate the homescreen buttons from all the others? Also the buttons (not the text) seem about three times wider than they really need to be (at least in widescreen res).
Need to remember that this is a skin that I have taken over, so I have inherited a number of things that maybe I would not bother to include if it was up to me.

Quote:- I agree the right arrow > on the Homescreen is confusing. An option to turn it off, at least just in the Homescreen would be nice.
Don't understand what's confusing about it. The > to show more info follows is still used on the current AppleTV. That and where do you stop with adding settings. If you check out the SVN version of the skin you will see that I have as many setting for the skin as there are for the whole of XBMC (and a few more to come). Go into the home.xml file and remove the image blocks with the "scroll-right.pgn" (at about line 160) and "scroll-right-focus.pgn" (at about line 190), problem solved.

Quote:- The xTV icon on the homescreen looks out of place and to be honest, kinda tacky. Perhaps it can be put in the bottom corner?
Again go into home.xml file and look at about line 50 and remove the image block for the logo, simple. As to move it, no room.

Quote:- You mentioned you were intending to update to a 720p version - that would be great. Currently many icons look stretched in widescreen res (like the OSD), and also some of the large icons look pixellated.
It's a LOT of work to move to 720p, but it will happen down the track a little. As to the graphics, I'm not that great with graphics. If someone would like to stick their hand up to help bring the graphics up to standard that would be cool.

Quote:- Is it possible for an option to press the Back button and go from TV Shows straight back to the homescreen? At the moment, I have to push Back about three times to get through the various submenus back to homescreen.
Does this also apply to the Music and Movies and does this only happen in library mode (or File mode). Need more info to tell you what's going on. Also I have just committed a LARGE change to do with Library entry points (you can change which part of the library you default to), see the first post of this thread for details on how to get hold of the SVN build of the skin.

Quote:- It would be nice to have some additional views. The banner view for TV Shows is great and one of the best TV views I've seen. But I do miss Wallstream 2 for movies. I understand additional views can be downloaded from other sources, but I'm not sure how to easily integrate these into xTV.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, and it's great to have such a usable skin.
Again where do you stop with adding views. I'm in the early stages of designing a new skin that will probably only have four views, so I'm not a big fan of thousands of views. As to downloading and adding views, not majorly hard, but it is generally not just a case of adding a view file to the other skin files. You would need to check that id's did not clash and that you had all parts of the view (lots of skin make very heavy use of include files to bring in repeated parts of the code), so there could potentially be a lot of work to add another view.

Hope this helps a little, but there are only so many hours in a day (and they are ALL spoken for at the moment)

Wyrm