Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2011-05-13

angryjack Wrote:wyrm,

thank you for the information. You're right, i tried it on my PC where i have both versions og xTV skin (Passion repo & standard skin) installed, copied over the textures.xbt from the standard skin to the repo and the weather info is complete.

Nevertheless i will wait with my ATV2 till the Passion guys have updated their repo...

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

While what you did worked, I'm not sure exactly what is missing from the v210 version of the skin, so you may find other problems with this build. Just pushed some changes that will appear in Passion tomorrow morning (and hopefully whatever the problem was at Passion has been fixed). There is now a setting in the skin setting menu to toggle static/animated weather icons.

Please report back if there are still issues after tomorrows update.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- angryjack - 2011-05-13

yes, will wait for the update.

One question i have. Did you already think about to animate the text for the forecast weather ?

I mean, due to the length the text is truncated and it would be nice to see this in a moving banner. This Picture shows what i mean.

Greetings
angryjack

- wyrm - 2011-05-14

angryjack Wrote:yes, will wait for the update.

One question i have. Did you already think about to animate the text for the forecast weather ?

I mean, due to the length the text is truncated and it would be nice to see this in a moving banner. This Picture shows what i mean.

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

being an anglophone I don't get to see these type of problems. I am really surprised that there are not more of these issues with the skin. PLEASE if there are any other issues like this, could you post them here to be fixed.

And yes, I will definitely be adding a scroll to these fields (and trying to make the field bigger if I can, to make the scroll unnecessary).

On the original problem about missing weather icons, the last Passion release still had not fixed the issue but I have been told it has been fixed now and tomorrows update should be good. A huge thanks for the Passion guy's for chasing it down.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- wyrm - 2011-05-15

angryjack Wrote:yes, will wait for the update.

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

v215 of xTV-SAF skin on the passion repo is now a FULL version of the skin (has all of the required graphics etc). I have also pushed the change to the length of the text fields that you showed in the above linked picture and if they are not long enough these fields now scroll.

Please post back here if there is still a problem with these fields.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- angryjack - 2011-05-15

It seems to be a bug in the Passion repo. After installation the images were missing. I compared it with the standard skin where the texture file is called "textures.xbt". In the repo it is called "texture.xbt". where the "s" is missing.

No problem on my Notebook, i just renamed it there but on the ATV2 the installation is incomplete and seems to be aborted (see picture) Sad

Greetings
angryjack

- ppic - 2011-05-15

changed texture to tectures Wink

- wyrm - 2011-05-16

ppic Wrote:changed texture to tectures Wink
ppic,
Yep, I just updated the skin on my AppleTV and it works fine. Thanks again for fixing this mate.

angryjack,

Give it another go mate it is working now. If you give it another go and it still does not work, try uninstalling and do a fresh install.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- angryjack - 2011-05-16

@wyrm,

it works on my notebook but i cannot get it to run on my ATV2 :confused2: Probably it fails cause i try to have your xTV skin and the repo parallel on the box but on the notebook i have the same setup.

I did as you suggested and first deinstalled the SVN version. It did not show the SVN anymore in the skin selection but to be sure i checked the file structure on the box and found that it was still there, so i deleted the complete folder of the SVN skin.

Then i made a Lowtide in frontrow, returned to XBMC and tried to install the SVN skin from the Passion repo. It took ~2-3 minutes till the process started counting in percent...very slowly which i do not understand cause i have a pretty fast connection. At 93% it telled that the skin was activated and the blue busy ring was shown...and did not stop Sad

After minutes the ring was still turning and i could not terminate it, so i decided to reboot hardly, holding the menu & play button simultaniously. After reboot the skin was shown, i selected it but w/o any graphics. Again i checked the file structure and the textures.xbt was still called "texture.xbt". I renamed it in textures.xbt and then the images of the skin were shown but weather images were still missing.

At least i copied over the complete skin from my notebook to the box but the weather images are still missing.

Here is the xbmc.log

Any idea what to try next ?

Greetings
angryjack

- wyrm - 2011-05-17

angryjack Wrote:@wyrm,

it works on my notebook but i cannot get it to run on my ATV2 :confused2: Probably it fails cause i try to have your xTV skin and the repo parallel on the box but on the notebook i have the same setup.

I did as you suggested and first deinstalled the SVN version. It did not show the SVN anymore in the skin selection but to be sure i checked the file structure on the box and found that it was still there, so i deleted the complete folder of the SVN skin.

Then i made a Lowtide in frontrow, returned to XBMC and tried to install the SVN skin from the Passion repo. It took ~2-3 minutes till the process started counting in percent...very slowly which i do not understand cause i have a pretty fast connection. At 93% it telled that the skin was activated and the blue busy ring was shown...and did not stop Sad

After minutes the ring was still turning and i could not terminate it, so i decided to reboot hardly, holding the menu & play button simultaniously. After reboot the skin was shown, i selected it but w/o any graphics. Again i checked the file structure and the textures.xbt was still called "texture.xbt". I renamed it in textures.xbt and then the images of the skin were shown but weather images were still missing.

At least i copied over the complete skin from my notebook to the box but the weather images are still missing.

Here is the xbmc.log

Any idea what to try next ?

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

Not sure for certain as I can't see a build number for your AppleTV, but I think it may be an issue with the version of XBMC that you are running and the build of AppleTV firmware that you have jailbraked. In short if you are running the last 'official' build of XBMC and are running a '4.3' build of AppleTV there will be problems. Go look thru the iOS forums on the XBMC forum and you will no doubt see something that will help.

There appears from the log file to be a problem with the built-in weather graphics (those that ship with XBMC). There are probably two ways to check that this is the case. 1/ under my skin/general setting menu there is a new entry 'Use animated weather icons', toggle that on and the skin will start using my graphics for the weather. Or 2/ go and change to the Confluence skin and see if there is still an issue with missing weather images.

Always a good idea if you are having a problem with any skin to change back to the default Confluence skin and see if there is still a problem. If you are having problems with both skins, it's a pretty good bet that it's a XBMC issue.

If after trying the above and only seeing the problem with my skin, report back here and I will see what I can do for you.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- angryjack - 2011-05-17

wyrm,

no, with all other skins including the non-svn version of the xTV-SAF (version 1.0.2 - 2269) i have no problems with the weather icons. It's only related to the SVN skin of xTV (215 - 2269) from Passion repo.

I do not use 4.3 firmware on my ATV2. I have the 4.2.1 running, jailbreaked with Greenpois0n and i'm not willing to upgrade to 4.3 as it works perfectely except this little issue.

Another idea: If i cannot get it managed with the SVN version, is it possible to adapt the 1.0.2 skin to have the daily forecast messages animated and/or with a reduced font size as in the repo skin ?

That will fully meet my requirements Wink

Greetings
angryjack

- wyrm - 2011-05-17

angryjack Wrote:wyrm,

no, with all other skins including the non-svn version of the xTV-SAF (version 1.0.2 - 2269) i have no problems with the weather icons. It's only related to the SVN skin of xTV (215 - 2269) from Passion repo.

I do not use 4.3 firmware on my ATV2. I have the 4.2.1 running, jailbreaked with Greenpois0n and i'm not willing to upgrade to 4.3 as it works perfectely except this little issue.

Another idea: If i cannot get it managed with the SVN version, is it possible to adapt the 1.0.2 skin to have the daily forecast messages animated and/or with a reduced font size as in the repo skin ?

That will fully meet my requirements Wink

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

Don't understand why you are having a problem only with SVN version as I updated my AppleTV with v215 from the passion repo (it's the only way I update this box) and have had NO issues. Now the log file that you posted shows that there are a number of missing weather image files, but they are the inbuilt images that come with XBMC not the images supplied with my skin. The only thing that I can think that would cause this is if your AppleTV's copy of XBMC is incomplete/corrupted. That is if you can't also show the weather icons in Confluences weather screen, otherwise I have no idea.

As to providing a special build of my skin with the weather changes only included, well I'm working on that. It's called xTV-SAF 1.1.0 and it's about a month late (hint the Passion repo is that skin in a mostly finished state). The change that I mention a couple of posts back (new skin setting to toggle animated weather icons) defaults to OFF. In other words use the built-in (XBMC) non animated icons instead of using the animated weather icons that are part of the skin.

Don't know where we go from here
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- angryjack - 2011-05-17

I'm sorry that i cannot help you more to figure out what is the reason for this behavior but it's not really a serious problem Wink

I will use the your xTV 1.0.2 instead. For me xTV it is still the best skin for ATV2 !

Greetings
angryjack

EDIT: I modified the positions in MyWeather.xml a bit, see picture Wink

- angryjack - 2011-05-19

wyrm Wrote:Now the log file that you posted shows that there are a number of missing weather image files, but they are the inbuilt images that come with XBMC not the images supplied with my skin. The only thing that I can think that would cause this is if your AppleTV's copy of XBMC is incomplete/corrupted.

Yes, you were right. Found this thread and followed the suggestions there. Now the SVN skin works perfectely with weather images, so thank you for this hint Wink

Still there are one thing which i want to mention. After installation of the xTV repo skin (V215), the texture file was STILL called "texture.xbt" without the "s". After changing it manually it worked.

Greetings
angryjack

- wyrm - 2011-05-20

angryjack Wrote:Yes, you were right. Found this thread and followed the suggestions there. Now the SVN skin works perfectely with weather images, so thank you for this hint Wink

Still there are one thing which i want to mention. After installation of the xTV repo skin (V215), the texture file was STILL called "texture.xbt" without the "s". After changing it manually it worked.

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

thought it would be something like that, good to see that you fixed it. As to the texture.xbt issue, pretty sure that is because XBMC will not re-download a addon unless you remove the cached local version first. At any rate should not be an issue when the next release of the SVN version comes down (I Hope).

I think that I have now got to the point that it's bug stomping only. I will stomp a few more bugs before I make the next push to my SVN (and then Passion will pull from there), so next release will probably not be for a couple of more days yet.

So guy's it up to you now. WHAT'S BROKEN?

Overlapping fields, screens appearing or not when appropriate, etc. Whatever, I need to know about it here, so have at it and I can make a new 'Official' release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- angryjack - 2011-05-20

Me again ! RolleyesLaugh

Not a bug but i recognized that if i go to Settings/Addons and select a addon there, the skin will be animated.

Is it possible that this can be realised for each menu and that there is a parameter in the the settings to switch menu animation on/off ?

Greetings
angryjack