Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2011-06-22

lipo Wrote:wow.. huge update, will try it soon
Lipo,

Yep, I would be in divorce court if the wife knew how much time I'm spending on this at the moment. Plan to take a break after I get this release out the door. Then I think it will be a series of small updates after that instead of massive updates less often.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-23

wyrm Wrote:Lipo,

Yep, I would be in divorce court if the wife knew how much time I'm spending on this at the moment.
we definitly dont want that happenSmile
wifey & family shoud be top priority
Quote:Plan to take a break after I get this release out the door. Then I think it will be a series of small updates after that instead of massive updates less often.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
i run quick test,it was definitly better
still no text on wall view (music libary) but i know youre still working on itSmile

another small request
can you change text color for low memory warning to red ?
since it was critical warning, i think red would be more suitable

you definititly could use a break after this release, in that period maybe i will post wish list for next releaseSmile

thanks

- wyrm - 2011-06-23

lipo Wrote:we definitly dont want that happenSmile
wifey & family shoud be top priority
Always are, just realised after yesterdays marathon effort how much time I have spent on the skin. I need to spend a bit more time on other things to get a little balance.
Quote:i run quick test,it was definitly better
still no text on wall view (music libary) but i know youre still working on itSmile
Oop's, thought I had got that one, should only be a quick fix.
Quote:another small request
can you change text color for low memory warning to red ?
since it was critical warning, i think red would be more suitable
First of all what are you doing to even see that warning. Was kind of hoping that with the changes to the skin people would be even less likely to see that warning. Very simple change, will just have to make sure it is a red that works on all of the colour themes.

Just a note, you are aware that you can do a number of things to reduce memory use in the skin. Turning off views that you don't need (banner view for one Big Grin) will save a little bit of memory and not using background fanart and now playing visualisations will save even more. Remember you are running a 2001 era XBox not a 2011 Uber PC, be kind to your XBox.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-23

wyrm Wrote:Just a note, you are aware that you can do a number of things to reduce memory use in the skin. Turning off views that you don't need (banner view for one Big Grin) will save a little bit of memory and not using background fanart and now playing visualisations will save even more. Remember you are running a 2001 era XBox not a 2011 Uber PC, be kind to your XBox.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
im very aware of xbox hardware limitation, usually i just use list, list2, & wrap view because other fancy view (coverflow, banner) will increase memory usageSmile

i just wish list view could display video libary info similar to other view, i probably guess because there no more space for those infoSmile

BTW have you ever tried DXT versions of backgrounds ?
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1420

- wyrm - 2011-06-23

lipo Wrote:im very aware of xbox hardware limitation, usually i just use list, list2, & wrap view because other fancy view (coverflow, banner) will increase memory usageSmile

i just wish list view could display video libary info similar to other view, i probably guess because there no more space for those infoSmile
Lipo,

I find this kind of funny. I've seen posts from people asking when xTV3 will turn up and that they want xTV3 because unlike xTV-SAF it is a 1:1 copy of AppleTV Gen2. So they don't get any view other than plain List view and they don't get most of the features of XBMC that a lot of people break their necks to get with other skins. All so that the skin has a high WAF (SAF in my case). Try changing the language to something different on a AppleTV and watch the WAF plummet. At least xTV-SAF is still navigable in a foreign language(the icons don't change). Very funny. (*)

Now back to reality. Will involve a bit of rejigging of images and placement to make it work. At this stage not going to happen before I formally release v1.1.1 . Really List2 gives you what you need and does not involve adding checks for different exceptions to the base listings (videos, music, library roots, addons etc) which I have to add to other views to stop some of the issues you have recently reported (and is the reason why you should NOT use banner view for anything other than TV Shows). Just remember every time I add these checks to a view, it becomes slower and more prone to bugs (its more complex). That and really if you need the additional info you can just bring up the Info screen for the particular menu item.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(*) Sorry just got back from a funeral and I'm feeling very introspective and I'm finding some peoples comments rather silly and absurd. Right at the moment I don't mind pointing this out to them. I'm sure I will play my cards closer to my chest in a day or so. Wyrm

- wyrm - 2011-06-23

lipo Wrote:BTW have you ever tried DXT versions of backgrounds ?
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1420
Lipo,

Yep, on my windows dev box it always selected, does make things quite a bit quicker (memory is not really a problem on my dev box).

Please don't be dishearten with some of my posts, despite some of your posts being a massive pain in the A$$, the feedback is appreciated. Please don't stop posting suggestions for fixes and improvements (even if I do knock them back). Overall your posts are moving things forward.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- wyrm - 2011-06-23

Lipo,

just pushed another update to svn. Fixed AlbumWall default icons missing text and changed low memory warning text to red. Still to do are locking down of Bannerview and sorting out Custom Playlists.

Let me know if any last minute problems before I fix the above and it will probably make it into v1.1.1 .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- wyrm - 2011-06-24

Another one for Lipo,

Another push to googlecode svn. Fixed Bannerview showing for non TV-Show content, fixed text clipping for plot info on List2 view and fixed Non XBox code in Xbox build. Only Custom playlists to sort out.

Let me know if you find any last minute issues.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-24

Yep, on my windows dev box it always selected, does make things quite a bit quicker (memory is not really a problem on my dev box).

Please don't be dishearten with some of my posts, despite some of your posts being a massive pain in the A$$, the feedback is appreciated. Please don't stop posting suggestions for fixes and improvements (even if I do knock them back). Overall your posts are moving things forward.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
none takenSmile
i will continue posting sugesstion & improvement

just pushed another update to svn. Fixed AlbumWall default icons missing text and changed low memory warning text to red. Still to do are locking down of Bannerview and sorting out Custom Playlists.

Let me know if any last minute problems before I fix the above and it will probably make it into v1.1.1 .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Another one for Lipo,

Another push to googlecode svn. Fixed Bannerview showing for non TV-Show content, fixed text clipping for plot info on List2 view and fixed Non XBox code in Xbox build. Only Custom playlists to sort out.

Let me know if you find any last minute issues.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
been testing latest svn i found strange about theme
after i downloaded theme
as you can see xdtv & tango identified as colours

also if i chose instal theme & apply theme nothing changed
http://pastebin.com/vjZnxEnU

- wyrm - 2011-06-24

lipo Wrote:none takenSmile
i will continue posting sugesstion & improvement

been testing latest svn i found strange about theme
after i downloaded theme
as you can see xdtv & tango identified as colours

also if i chose instal theme & apply theme nothing changed
http://pastebin.com/vjZnxEnU
Lipo,

You find the best bugs. Well done on this one though. Caused by moving a Dharma build skin file across to XBox build without making correct changes. The xdtv and tango colours are correct though. Theme file is a zip containing a new .xpr file (although in this case it's a .xbt file) and a new colour file. So when you download a new theme you should see a new 'Theme' and a new 'colour'.

Just pushed an update to the svn, grab the update and have another go, should work properly now.

As a side issue, why do you have 24 different Navigation sounds directories? The Default one is stored in the skin itself, but the other 23 must be in the Main XBMC/sounds directory.

Please report back if Themes fix did not work.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-24

downloading......Smile

- lipo - 2011-06-24

You find the best bugs. Well done on this one though. Caused by moving a Dharma build skin file across to XBox build without making correct changes. The xdtv and tango colours are correct though. Theme file is a zip containing a new .xpr file (although in this case it's a .xbt file) and a new colour file. So when you download a new theme you should see a new 'Theme' and a new 'colour'.

Just pushed an update to the svn, grab the update and have another go, should work properly now.

As a side issue, why do you have 24 different Navigation sounds directories? The Default one is stored in the skin itself, but the other 23 must be in the Main XBMC/sounds directory.

Please report back if Themes fix did not work.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
so it should be 4 theme & 4 colours after i downloaded them all right??
i already grab the latest svn still have the same problem
http://pastebin.com/jPTCb5hb

- wyrm - 2011-06-24

lipo Wrote:so it should be 4 theme & 4 colours after i downloaded them all right??
i already grab the latest svn still have the same problem
http://pastebin.com/jPTCb5hb
Lipo,

Log file show that you are now pulling down the correct files (XBox form of theme) and is not showing any script errors. But having said that the correct directory has two (2) themes only. Tango and xdTV. There is also a locally stored theme (White) that is stored in the /extras/themes directory, so you should have the following themes that you can select. Default, White, Tango and xdTV is that correct?

Go check the extras/themes directory of the skin and see if you can find three (3) .zip files called White.zip, Tango.zip and xdTV.zip.

Next go check the colors directory of the skin and you should see four (4) files called Defaults.xml, White.xml, Tango.xml and xdTV.xml (they are the colour parts of the themes. Next check the skins media directory, again should be four (4) files but instead of Blah.xml should be Blah.xpr. Because of problem with update previously you will also see a couple of .xbt files (they are for the images in Non XBox builds). You can delete the .xbt files they are not required.

Now if things are not as I said, can you let me know what is different?

As a side issue, did the script ask you if you would like to change to the new theme? Does not really matter if it did not (but that is what it should do) as you should be able to change to the correct theme from the Appearance menu.

Let me know what you find.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-24

Log file show that you are now pulling down the correct files (XBox form of theme) and is not showing any script errors. But having said that the correct directory has two (2) themes only. Tango and xdTV. There is also a locally stored theme (White) that is stored in the /extras/themes directory, so you should have the following themes that you can select. Default, White, Tango and xdTV is that correct?
in the apperance setting it only shows 2 theme (default, white) & 4 colors
Quote:Go check the extras/themes directory of the skin and see if you can find three (3) .zip files called White.zip, Tango.zip and xdTV.zip.
i can confirmed that all three all there
Quote:Next go check the colors directory of the skin and you should see four (4) files called Defaults.xml, White.xml, Tango.xml and xdTV.xml (they are the colour parts of the themes.
copy that, same here
Quote:Next check the skins media directory, again should be four (4) files but instead of Blah.xml should be Blah.xpr. Because of problem with update previously you will also see a couple of .xbt files (they are for the images in Non XBox builds). You can delete the .xbt files they are not required.
there 2 .xpr : textures.xpr & white.xpr
there 2 .xbt : tango.xbt & xdtv.xbt

i will delete .xbt files
Quote:Now if things are not as I said, can you let me know what is different?
so far it exactly like you described
Quote:As a side issue, did the script ask you if you would like to change to the new theme?
yes the script ask if you want to apply the new theme, but after i chose yes the cursor just back to highligt the setting menu text and the theme dont change
Quote:Does not really matter if it did not (but that is what it should do) as you should be able to change to the correct theme from the Appearance menu
as i previously mentioned after i install all extra theme, in apperance setting i only have 2 theme (default & white) and 4 colors
Quote:Let me know what you find.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
ok i will try deleting unused .xbt, maybe that the cause

thanks

- wyrm - 2011-06-24

lipo Wrote:in the apperance setting it only shows 2 theme (default, white) & 4 colors

i can confirmed that all three all there

copy that, same here

there 2 .xpr : textures.xpr & white.xpr
there 2 .xbt : tango.xbt & xdtv.xbt

i will delete .xbt files

so far it exactly like you described

yes the script ask if you want to apply the new theme, but after i chose yes the cursor just back to highligt the setting menu text and the theme dont change
as i previously mentioned after i install all extra theme, in apperance setting i only have 2 theme (default & white) and 4 colors

ok i will try deleting unused .xbt, maybe that the cause

thanks
Lipo,

About to hit the hay so will check further tomorrow. But try to install themes again but this time say NO to do you wish to switch to new theme message. Please report if that changes anything.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)