Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-09-26

(2012-09-25, 15:41)lipo Wrote: i managed to run xbmc using raspbmc but im still shock with the differnce from xbox ver
havent try xtv-saf, still try to understand settingb menus
Main difference between Xbox and main form of XBMC is the addons menu. You will be spending a bit of time in this menu, so learn your way around this one first as this is where you install all of your scripts/plugins/skins etc. Maybe now you see why I have had to drop Xbox support, just way too different .

Quote:...
speaking of bug , i found a bug on xbox ver Tongue
See above Tiger, just too hard to support.

Quote:Skin is free (as in beer), but if I'm shouting the beer (Aussie for " I'm buying the drinks "), it would be nice to have someone come talk to me occasionally.
Quote:count me out
im a lightweight & beer bring out the worst in me Rofl
Remember Sport I have seen your profile picture on gmail, you ain't no lightweight Rofl. Besides you are one of the few who comes over for a talk (trick sometime is to get you to stopRofl)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-26, 03:03)wyrm Wrote:
(2012-09-25, 15:41)lipo Wrote: i managed to run xbmc using raspbmc but im still shock with the differnce from xbox ver
havent try xtv-saf, still try to understand settingb menus
Main difference between Xbox and main form of XBMC is the addons menu. You will be spending a bit of time in this menu, so learn your way around this one first as this is where you install all of your scripts/plugins/skins etc. Maybe now you see why I have had to drop Xbox support, just way too different .
i already downloaded xtv-saf on main repo, looks good aside from some icon bug on settings

i havent tried libary mode because i cant access ext hdd on rspbmc even after using self powered usb hubSad

Quote:Remember Sport I have seen your profile picture on gmail, you ain't no lightweight Rofl. Besides you are one of the few who comes over for a talk (trick sometime is to get you to stopRofl)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
lightweight on amount of alcohol consumption, not actual weight
i just need two or three beer to get wasted Rofl

i think my avatar & user id should be pretty obvious abou my actual weight
lipo as in liposuction & nip/tuck as in fx show (god i miss that showBlush)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-10-01

(2012-09-28, 16:51)lipo Wrote: i already downloaded xtv-saf on main repo, looks good aside from some icon bug on settings
Ok I'll bite (and I know I will come to regret this), but what icon bug? You are not referring to how the title icons disappear when you select the horizontal home menu, as that is not a bug but a feature. AppleTV Gen2 only shows the title and no icon (unlike the earlier versions of the AppleTV that the skin was originally based on).

Quote:i havent tried libary mode because i cant access ext hdd on rspbmc even after using self powered usb hubSad
Well actually you strictly speaking already have used the library mode. The XBMC that you are using on the RPi has a different way of handling files than that on the XBox. The files in your filesystem are just a different node in the libraries database (the files node is the only one you can see until you set the source type and scan into the library). This is the other main difference between the Xbox build and the main builds of XBMC. Welcome to the big's, time to learns some new things in order to play with your new beast. As to the issue with ext hdd, you might want to go check out the RPi forums as last I heard there was a hardware mod available for you RPi that might resolve your issue here.

Finally I know you like to ride on the wild side, try installing 1.2.2 from the Passion repo as there have been a few changes since 1.2.1 made the main repo. Hopefully there are no more issues with the daughters wrists (spent 2 days last week at the local children's hospital getting one of her arms reset) and I can restart work on this and my new skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Re: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bornagainpenguin - 2012-10-17

Please don't hate me, I know you want to move on to something new and are probably tired of this skin, especially when hearing from xbox users! I just got an xbox up and running and have been using your skin, as it is one of my favorites, however the fonts seem to be really small all of a sudden on my SDTV.

Is there an easy way to convert it to a "big" skin so the text is easier to read?

Thanks for all your work, and for taking the time to read my post.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-17, 02:53)bornagainpengui Wrote: Please don't hate me, I know you want to move on to something new and are probably tired of this skin, especially when hearing from xbox users! I just got an xbox up and running and have been using your skin, as it is one of my favorites, however the fonts seem to be really small all of a sudden on my SDTV.

Is there an easy way to convert it to a "big" skin so the text is easier to read?

Thanks for all your work, and for taking the time to read my post.
bornagainpengui,

Short answer NO. Long answer HELL NO. Skin already has some of the biggest fonts of most skins. Changing font size involves tweaking just about every screen to allow room for bigger fonts. That and I do this for fun and restarting work on a skin that I no longer have the hardware for is the furthest thing from fun I can think of.

I suggest that you maybe check out earlier forms of the skin (someone over on xbmc4xbox.org.uk is using 1.0.0 on their SD TV and other than missing out on recent changes seems fairly happy with it). Or just update the screen. We here at Château Wyrm just paid AUD$500 for a very good quality 32" LED, smaller not so good LCD's should probably be available in cereal packs by nowRofl

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bornagainpenguin - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-17, 06:36)wyrm Wrote: Short answer NO. Long answer HELL NO. Skin already has some of the biggest fonts of most skins. Changing font size involves tweaking just about every screen to allow room for bigger fonts. That and I do this for fun and restarting work on a skin that I no longer have the hardware for is the furthest thing from fun I can think of.

That's what I figured. Oh well, fair enough.

(2012-10-17, 06:36)wyrm Wrote: I suggest that you maybe check out earlier forms of the skin (someone over on xbmc4xbox.org.uk is using 1.0.0 on their SD TV and other than missing out on recent changes seems fairly happy with it).

I managed to get something put together that works better for me by way of these two threads:

surfing_spider: Larger font for Composite TV

chapado: Standard definition TVs - modify skins' small font sizes and make them readable

First I modified the Font.xml to add surfing_spider's suggested text, copying the fonts from Confluence theme, then I used the xfontsize tool to add a size increase of 9pt. Really seems to make a difference even though some things break slightly for me (truncated text) at least it no longer hurts my eyes.

(2012-10-17, 06:36)wyrm Wrote: Or just update the screen. We here at Château Wyrm just paid AUD$500 for a very good quality 32" LED, smaller not so good LCD's should probably be available in cereal packs by nowRofl

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Rofl Yes, but have you seen what that does to the price of cereal?

Actually my goal is to use the xbox while saving up for the new screen and hopefully giving Ouya enough time to bring out their console and for there to be a good working build of xbmc on it. I don't ask for much, I know.... Laugh Thanks any way.

--bornagainpenguin

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bornagainpenguin - 2012-10-20

Whoops....I think I may have found a bug! (Please don't hate me!)

In the xbox version of 1.20 I am unable to get the visualization to play when the music player is active. What happens is the fanart of the artist gets displayed but no visualizations. I have check through settings several times now and cannot find where this is enabled\disabled.

I have tested with the v.90 of the skin and this seems to be only in the latest and v1.11 for the xbox. Is there an *.XML I can tweak to fix it so no fanart shows but I see the visualization?

UPDATE: Just check, and it seems that xTV-SAF-v1.0.2a is the most up to date recent version of the skin that doesn't have this issue. Incidentally, that also seems to be the skin that allows me to set entry points in the library and a few other features, so unless there were any huge bugs that needed fixing for the xbox that were fixed in v1.20 I'll just switch to this and try to be happy. Especially since this version does list view correctly.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Bayside - 2012-10-28

wyrm, thanks so much for this skin! Not sure why I never ran into this skin until now, but it is very clean and fast which was what I was looking for to run on my Raspberry Pi. I mated it with a background with a blue-ish hue and it looks amazing.

Just one thought since I not sure I saw this in any of the previous pages of this thread. Have you considered allowing the option to choose posters versus banners for TV shows? This would allow for a more consistent selection view between movies and TV shows when the List view is chosen.

Again, fabulous job. Cheers!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-28, 15:00)Bayside Wrote: wyrm, thanks so much for this skin! Not sure why I never ran into this skin until now, but it is very clean and fast which was what I was looking for to run on my Raspberry Pi. I mated it with a background with a blue-ish hue and it looks amazing.

Just one thought since I not sure I saw this in any of the previous pages of this thread. Have you considered allowing the option to choose posters versus banners for TV shows? This would allow for a more consistent selection view between movies and TV shows when the List view is chosen.

Again, fabulous job. Cheers!
Bayside,

Frodo gives us a number of useful things, among those is a better way of dealing with skin art. I currently have quite a bit of work with adding PVR support and fixing custom home menu items, so it will be a little while before I can add this to the skin. Rest assured this will be added to the skin at some point (maybe not for v1.2.2), but will very likely be only for Frodo builds of XBMC (not that will be an issue for RPi). Now on my list of things to do.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Bayside - 2012-11-03

Wyrm,

Thanks for the consideration. Sorry to put another todo on your plate :-). You are correct that making this change for Frodo builds will be OK for RPi. RPi XBMC code is all based on Frodo.

..B..

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-11-09

Ok everyone,

Just a heads up for a new update on the Passion repo (will occur later on tonight, Paris time).

I have made MAJOR changes to how custom home menu items are handled, now uses the same system as most other skins (script.favourites). To add custom home menu items you need to add whatever items (scripts/plugins/playlists etc) to your favourities and then assign each favourite to a particular button in the new "Custom Favourite" menu in the Skin settings menu.

Cons - You now need to add things to your favourites before you can add them to your home screen. For the moment the icon on the horizontal home menu (Addons) is fixed instead of showing all of you custom scripts (will probably change when I have thought how best to handle these icons).

Pros - Have gone from two scripts and two playlists for each Movie/TV/Music major heading to five favourites for each one of these headings, Added bonus is that I have included a hidden screen to update the old custom menu items to the new system (you will need to visit the Settings menu for this to trigger).

The Update screen has been pretty heavily tested, but there may be a setting or two that does not move across properly, you may need to visit the Custom Favourites screen to fix. As always post any problems here.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2012-11-12

Hi, Wyrm

I probably found bug(s) in SVN version. I'm running one of the latest Frodo builds on raspberry pi.

1. Cannot climb up to "Recently added movies" from Movies menu, but i can do the same (i.e. go to "Recently added tv episodes") from TV shows. BTW, option to turn off "Recently added..." would be nice.

2. In horizontal menu mode only 6 menu options are shown. If i have enabled more there's a scrolling. But it's wierd scrolling - only submenu items are scrolled, but main menu remain the same.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6280/dsc0576im.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9031/dsc0577r.jpg
Is it possible create strechable menu to avoid the scrolling? Since there's a lot of space between menu items.

And let me get back to "icon" view, which i ask you to add. I like it at the beginning but now i can see few flaws there Smile There's a picture.
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2585/dsc0575hh.jpg
Well, actually it worse in reality. Background is not enough dimmed, so small icons are just lost on bright and colorful background. Icons are too small, but there's too much space between icons. I don't think file name is needed for every entry, may be just put name of the currently selected at the top or the bottom.
And here's the picture of nice icon view, just for the reference. http://imageshack.us/a/img201/1239/dsc0574fw.jpg

Well and i have general impression, that latest SVN became pretty slow. xTV was absolutely fastest skin but now sometimes i can feel slight choppiness.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-12, 12:09)relater Wrote: Hi, Wyrm

I probably found bug(s) in SVN version. I'm running one of the latest Frodo builds on raspberry pi.

1. Cannot climb up to "Recently added movies" from Movies menu, but i can do the same (i.e. go to "Recently added tv episodes") from TV shows. BTW, option to turn off "Recently added..." would be nice.

2. In horizontal menu mode only 6 menu options are shown. If i have enabled more there's a scrolling. But it's wierd scrolling - only submenu items are scrolled, but main menu remain the same.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6280/dsc0576im.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9031/dsc0577r.jpg
Is it possible create strechable menu to avoid the scrolling? Since there's a lot of space between menu items.
relater, Strictly speaking skin is Eden only as I have not kept up with the changes for Frodo. I am aware of the horizontal home menu issue, but wanted to sort out the custom home menu items before I attempted to fix this problem. Under Eden this works fine. There is in fact no space between menu items, the text for the headings is centered within a set space (that for a number of sub menu items runs pretty close to full width). Turn off any unused headings will stop the scroll issue, but really I need to do a bit of work on this to fix it. As to the "Recently added..." what would you have me replace it with? Skin is modeled on the FruitTV and that has content icons on the shelf part of the screen.
Quote:And let me get back to "icon" view, which i ask you to add. I like it at the beginning but now i can see few flaws there Smile There's a picture.
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2585/dsc0575hh.jpg
Well, actually it worse in reality. Background is not enough dimmed, so small icons are just lost on bright and colorful background. Icons are too small, but there's too much space between icons. I don't think file name is needed for every entry, may be just put name of the currently selected at the top or the bottom.
And here's the picture of nice icon view, just for the reference. http://imageshack.us/a/img201/1239/dsc0574fw.jpg

Well and i have general impression, that latest SVN became pretty slow. xTV was absolutely fastest skin but now sometimes i can feel slight choppiness.
Turn off the background. You are not really comparing oranges with oranges in your examples. The reason the background is as bright as it is now is because someone complained it was too dark before. Might be able to fine tune this ,but only by a very small amount. Will revisit this view after I get to sort out a few more pressing issues, but again not huge amount of change is possible. If I reduce the number of lines of icons viewable (and thus can make icons bigger) the usefulness of the view will be reduced for anyone with a reasonable sized library.

What exactly is choppy with the latest version, are you sure it is the skin or is it XBMC itself that is choppy? Maybe try some other skins and see if things have changed there as well. On Eden the latest svn version of the skin does in fact take a little longer to fire up (80ms instead of 66ms for last version on my test system), but that is still quicker than most skins. Remember SVN is the nightly test version, so there may be things here and there that still need cleaning up.

On a side note, have now found out what the issue with the LiveTV skin files was, so hope to have that sorted and committed within the next couple of days for those people looking for LiveTV support in the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-12, 17:04)wyrm Wrote: relater, Strictly speaking skin is Eden only as I have not kept up with the changes for Frodo. I am aware of the horizontal home menu issue, but wanted to sort out the custom home menu items before I attempted to fix this problem. Under Eden this works fine. There is in fact no space between menu items, the text for the headings is centered within a set space (that for a number of sub menu items runs pretty close to full width). Turn off any unused headings will stop the scroll issue, but really I need to do a bit of work on this to fix it. As to the "Recently added..." what would you have me replace it with? Skin is modeled on the FruitTV and that has content icons on the shelf part of the screen.

OK, i got thing about Frodo situation.

Hmm, well, i just don't like to see random stuff there and i always turn it off in skins that have that option. I'm quite happy when it's empty Smile, but i realize people may want something there. Actually in Quartz3 it possible to mount addons in the shelf. Maybe favorites too?

Quote:Turn off the background. You are not really comparing oranges with oranges in your examples. The reason the background is as bright as it is now is because someone complained it was too dark before. Might be able to fine tune this ,but only by a very small amount. Will revisit this view after I get to sort out a few more pressing issues, but again not huge amount of change is possible. If I reduce the number of lines of icons viewable (and thus can make icons bigger) the usefulness of the view will be reduced for anyone with a reasonable sized library.
OK, thank you. Funny thing about background brightness Smile)
upd. Concerning bold. There are 4x3=12 thumbs in xTV now. On other skin picture 7x2=14 thumbnail. So "anyone with sized library" could be pretty much the same happy with good 2 line layout.

Quote:What exactly is choppy with the latest version, are you sure it is the skin or is it XBMC itself that is choppy? Maybe try some other skins and see if things have changed there as well. On Eden the latest svn version of the skin does in fact take a little longer to fire up (80ms instead of 66ms for last version on my test system), but that is still quicker than most skins. Remember SVN is the nightly test version, so there may be things here and there that still need cleaning up.
I will need some more browsing thru skin to define better where it was choppy. One thing i remember now that it was very long time (like 30 second or so) before "favorites to choose from for submenu item" windows appears on the screen.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2012-11-13

(2012-11-12, 17:39)relyter Wrote: OK, i got thing about Frodo situation.

Hmm, well, i just don't like to see random stuff there and i always turn it off in skins that have that option. I'm quite happy when it's empty Smile, but i realize people may want something there. Actually in Quartz3 it possible to mount addons in the shelf. Maybe favorites too?
relyter, please keep posting bugs and suggestions as it is useful (and I might just agree with you on an issue and do something about it), but skinning is all about compromises. It really comes down to where the person writing the skin is happy to compromise and where they are not. At the moment there are a mountain of options in this skin (too big a mountain by my reckoning), so I am loath to add any more.
Quote: If I reduce the number of lines of icons viewable (and thus can make icons bigger) the usefulness of the view will be reduced for anyone with a reasonable sized library.
Quote:OK, thank you. Funny thing about background brightness Smile)
upd. Concerning bold. There are 4x3=12 thumbs in xTV now. On other skin picture 7x2=14 thumbnail. So "anyone with sized library" could be pretty much the same happy with good 2 line layout.
I will take a look at this, but again it comes down to compromises. Can I squish more items across and still have a label that is big enough (not sure, but I don't think so). If No and I decide to cut back the number of lines we end up with 4x2 (or maybe 4x2.5, which I think might work) you end up with 8 thumbs (list view has one thumb and 11 line items displayed). So you are showing less of your library in icon view than list view, is this OK, I'm not sure.
Quote:
Quote:What exactly is choppy with the latest version, are you sure it is the skin or is it XBMC itself that is choppy? Maybe try some other skins and see if things have changed there as well. On Eden the latest svn version of the skin does in fact take a little longer to fire up (80ms instead of 66ms for last version on my test system), but that is still quicker than most skins. Remember SVN is the nightly test version, so there may be things here and there that still need cleaning up.
I will need some more browsing thru skin to define better where it was choppy. One thing i remember now that it was very long time (like 30 second or so) before "favorites to choose from for submenu item" windows appears on the screen.
The favourites window you describe here is provided by the favourites script and I have nothing to do with how long it takes. Also please remember that you are using a Alpha of Frodo and things are in a state of flux, tomorrow nights nightly may be fine (or even worse in choppiness), that is why I suggest you check other skins to see if the regression in performance is just my skin or with XBMC.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)