Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - christoofar - 2012-12-26

I have loved this skin since the first time I installed it, many thanks for your work on this. Running Frodo RC2 now & would very much like to try it out here, but for some reason am unable to get the passion repro to install on my HTPC ( missing dependencies message each time I try)
Any way to grab it elsewhere?

Cheers

Update: Unzipped repro filefolder & manually dropped it into Addon folder inside XBMC, working now, at least for this skin (all the others in the repo are reported as broken).
Thanks again.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - _Frank_ - 2013-01-06

Hi,
i am a totaly newbie with skinning and i love this Skin. Thank you for your Work. And also english is not my native language.

I have some Notes for version 1.2.2:

I think it would be better to check for visibility in DialogVideoInfo.xml like that

<visible>!substring(Control.GetLabel(5),$LOCALIZE[207])</visible>

and not

<visible>!substring(Control.GetLabel(5),plot)</visible>

Also is the glowing border is not correct centered. For me that values work.

CommonViewTypes.xml line 30 and line 53 = <posy>8</posy>
View-VideoList2.xml line 30 and line 53 = <posy>8</posy>
View-VideoList2.xml line 32 and line 55 = <height>26</height>

And lastly i have a little problem. If i search for music the keyboard is opened and after Enter the Context-MenĂ¼ is showing again. The Results are only showing if you press "Right". It would be better when the results are showing after typing enter. Some suggestions?

Greetings Frank

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - micha3l19 - 2013-01-08

Hi i just love your skin.
I keep on coming back to it. Its got to be one of the best ones out there Smile
Would it be posible to incluide the movie and tv ratings in numbers next to the stars.

I great mod would be under the stars in movie list and next to stars in info list.

I know how busy you must be. if you cant do it can you show me the way

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK

ps: im on xbmc 11 for pc

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-06, 12:19)_Frank_ Wrote: Hi,
i am a totaly newbie with skinning and i love this Skin. Thank you for your Work. And also english is not my native language.

I have some Notes for version 1.2.2:

I think it would be better to check for visibility in DialogVideoInfo.xml like that

<visible>!substring(Control.GetLabel(5),$LOCALIZE[207])</visible>

and not

<visible>!substring(Control.GetLabel(5),plot)</visible>
Frank, good spot on that one (just a note than one even got past Ronie) will add fix to dev build of skin.
Quote:Also is the glowing border is not correct centered. For me that values work.

CommonViewTypes.xml line 30 and line 53 = <posy>8</posy>
View-VideoList2.xml line 30 and line 53 = <posy>8</posy>
View-VideoList2.xml line 32 and line 55 = <height>26</height>
Caused by changes in a late Frodo build of XBMC, should have not been pushed back to my Eden version of the skin. Sorry minor so will not make a special release of Eden build of skin to fix.
Quote:And lastly i have a little problem. If i search for music the keyboard is opened and after Enter the Context-MenĂ¼ is showing again. The Results are only showing if you press "Right". It would be better when the results are showing after typing enter. Some suggestions?
Sorry not sure on this one, will need to take a look. Have only just got back from the families yearly holiday away from the heat and came back with a bit of a bug, so not up to speed yet.

At this stage as Frodo is so close to release I am not planing any more releases for Eden. Any bugs fixed from here on will appear in the Frodo release of the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-01-08, 11:28)micha3l19 Wrote: Hi i just love your skin.
I keep on coming back to it. Its got to be one of the best ones out there Smile
Would it be posible to incluide the movie and tv ratings in numbers next to the stars.

I great mod would be under the stars in movie list and next to stars in info list.

I know how busy you must be. if you cant do it can you show me the way

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK

ps: im on xbmc 11 for pc
micha3l19,

see previous part of this post on what is currently happening on the skin. When I am back on deck I will try to remember to post how to add what you are after (should only require a couple of small blocks of code in one or two files). The Frodo build of the skin is due a bit of cleanup work to add changes from the skin engine under Frodo. I'm hoping to update the look a little to freshen up the skin a touch, so what you are chasing may appear in the skin anyway.

Watch this space.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - genie - 2013-01-12

Hi Wyrm,
Great to hear you got away, happy new year mate!! Had a date night.....kid free, yesterday and spent the night in the city was awesome.

I was sitting around with friends on new years and the subject came up about best movie, what you have seen and what you rate. Well I had a think about this a couple of days later and did a google search of course to find an ios app called UTrakt and there is utrakt utilities for xbmc.

What uTrakt does is send i am watching, watched, what to watch lists and even sets a rating on your movies/tvshows to the uTrakt website which your mobile device (iphone/ipad) can pickup on. http://trakt.tv

It mostly works but needs a clean up for your skin and a few control bugs.
Any way this can be fixed? Will be testing Frodo shortly anything not working at the moment?

Had to run Mikeys "xbmchub maintenance"-Fixes-YouTube Fix because Youtube playback stopped working over Christmas. But this also came with some great how to videos which helped me install 1Channel.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-12, 16:41)genie Wrote: Hi Wyrm,
Great to hear you got away, happy new year mate!! Had a date night.....kid free, yesterday and spent the night in the city was awesome.

I was sitting around with friends on new years and the subject came up about best movie, what you have seen and what you rate. Well I had a think about this a couple of days later and did a google search of course to find an ios app called UTrakt and there is utrakt utilities for xbmc.

What uTrakt does is send i am watching, watched, what to watch lists and even sets a rating on your movies/tvshows to the uTrakt website which your mobile device (iphone/ipad) can pickup on. http://trakt.tv

It mostly works but needs a clean up for your skin and a few control bugs.
Any way this can be fixed? Will be testing Frodo shortly anything not working at the moment?
genie,

I know nothing of this plugin, if you want me to 'fix' the bugs in the skin I will need some help. First of all you will need to get into the skin settings/support menu and turn on "show debug info". You will then see in the top left hand corner of the screen the current screen that you are in. Go to where you are meant to see whatever the plugin is meant to show and note down the name of the screen that you are in. Next what exactly do you think you should be seeing on this screen, post a picture of what you see and what you think should be seeing (edit the first picture in a graphics program to show the additional info). Finally which skins show the correct info so that I can take a look at what I do different to them.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-22

Hi fight fans,

Yet another update on the state of the skin. The Banner view has received a major update for Frodo. How shows TV Show logos as a fallback if a banner image is not available (and then falls back to the skins DefaultTVShow icon if no logo file found).

At this stage I plan to to change all of the views to use Listitem.Art (new Frodo way to bring in posters/banners/fanart etc) EXCEPT the List2 view. As this view is almost identical to List view, I no longer see much point on hanging onto it. If you feel there is a valid reason to retain this view, now is the time to make a case for it.

Another change that is planned is to maybe change the default home view. At the moment the Original (AppleTV Gen1 home screen) is the default, but I was planning to make the Horizontal gen2 Home screen the default (or even maybe the Icon panel Gen 3 home screen). Again, make a case for any one of these Home screens as the new default.

Once again, make your voice heard and you will get to determine the direction of the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 03:47)wyrm Wrote: Another change that is planned is to maybe change the default home view. At the moment the Original (AppleTV Gen1 home screen) is the default, but I was planning to make the Horizontal gen2 Home screen the default (or even maybe the Icon panel Gen 3 home screen). Again, make a case for any one of these Home screens as the new default.

Gen3 imitation skin already exist. It's SiO2, check WIP skins. I'm no sure if it's good idea to create another one. Gen2 exists too, as you well aware Smile Or there's gonna be a 3 choices in menu instead of 2: vertical/horizontal/icons? It could be interesting, but i'm afraid it could make skin heavy?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-22, 11:28)relyter Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 03:47)wyrm Wrote: Another change that is planned is to maybe change the default home view. At the moment the Original (AppleTV Gen1 home screen) is the default, but I was planning to make the Horizontal gen2 Home screen the default (or even maybe the Icon panel Gen 3 home screen). Again, make a case for any one of these Home screens as the new default.
Gen3 imitation skin already exist. It's SiO2, check WIP skins. I'm no sure if it's good idea to create another one. Gen2 exists too, as you well aware Smile Or there's gonna be a 3 choices in menu instead of 2: vertical/horizontal/icons? It could be interesting, but i'm afraid it could make skin heavy?
relyter,

Mainly the part about home screen was to see if anyone was paying attention. Yep I know about Fastcolors "Sand" skin. Quartz was not the first skin to come out with a Gen2 home menu (not that that matters at all). Pecinko and I had a different take on how to make it happen, no solution was better than the other, just different.

As to having 3 choices for a home menu, No it does not make the skin heavy (my current coding of a Gen3 home screen adds about 200k to the size of the skin). Is my implementation better than Fastcolor's, probably not, just different. And as for the Gen2 home menu, I'm not sold on Gen3 being better than Gen2, so at this stage I'm not even sure if I will include Gen3 in the release version of my skin. Maybe Gen3 will grow on me like Gen2 has (part of the reason to ask if Gen2 should be the new default home menu layout).

Only thing I can say for certain is that the Frodo release of the skin will be different to the Eden release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - tawhid111 - 2013-01-23

great work there is something i would like to do like the second button when your watching a video i think thats for now playing video list ? how to have the favorites to show up instead ?

screenshot Image basically when this screen is there on the right i want the favorites to show up .

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 09:18)tawhid111 Wrote: great work there is something i would like to do like the second button when your watching a video i think thats for now playing video list ? how to have the favorites to show up instead ?

screenshot Image basically when this screen is there on the right i want the favorites to show up .
tawhid111,

Not entirely sure what you are asking for here. Is it that you want a button in the context menu that will show you the favourites screen (this is available from the home menu by hitting the "menu" key or you can setup a button on the home menu to take you to the favourites screen)? Or do you want a button on the "now playing screen" to add the currently selected item on this screen a favourite (you are aware that there is a context menu with "add to favourites" on the "Now playing" screen)?

Really need to know EXACTLY what it is that you want to see before I can suggest what file needs changing and what needs to change in that file. You might try turning on "Show debug info" in the skins "Support" menu to see the name of the file that is being displayed at a particular time and what control is being used at the same time.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-01-23

Wyrm,

I lay off xTV when found it had horizontal scrolling problem on frodo, but recently installed it again. I noticed one thing, but was too lazy to make a screenshot. It's good tawhid111 did one above. Smile It's about selection rectangle. I think it's could be aligned better. There's a few pixel between lower part of the letter and lower border of selection (between "g" in "Single" and green line, and this is good), but there's no such pixels on the top, i.e between any capital letter and top border of selection and this is bad since it's not looking good. I don't know on what system screenshot was made, but i have the same on windows frodo rc3 and latest xtv from passion.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - tawhid111 - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-23, 15:28)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 09:18)tawhid111 Wrote: great work there is something i would like to do like the second button when your watching a video i think thats for now playing video list ? how to have the favorites to show up instead ?

tawhid111,

Not entirely sure what you are asking for here. Is it that you want a button in the context menu that will show you the favourites screen (this is available from the home menu by hitting the "menu" key or you can setup a button on the home menu to take you to the favourites screen)? Or do you want a button on the "now playing screen" to add the currently selected item on this screen a favourite (you are aware that there is a context menu with "add to favourites" on the "Now playing" screen)?

Really need to know EXACTLY what it is that you want to see before I can suggest what file needs changing and what needs to change in that file. You might try turning on "Show debug info" in the skins "Support" menu to see the name of the file that is being displayed at a particular time and what control is being used at the same time.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Wyrm thanks for the quick reply I dont want to add to favorits which is in context menu .. i want the existing Favorites list to show up there things that i already added to the favorites list.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-23, 16:57)relyter Wrote: Wyrm,

I lay off xTV when found it had horizontal scrolling problem on frodo, but recently installed it again. I noticed one thing, but was too lazy to make a screenshot. It's good tawhid111 did one above. Smile It's about selection rectangle. I think it's could be aligned better. There's a few pixel between lower part of the letter and lower border of selection (between "g" in "Single" and green line, and this is good), but there's no such pixels on the top, i.e between any capital letter and top border of selection and this is bad since it's not looking good. I don't know on what system screenshot was made, but i have the same on windows frodo rc3 and latest xtv from passion.
relyter,

If by horizontal scrolling problem you mean the Home screen was not working properly in Frodo, Yes was a known issue (caused by changes in Frodo). I had to recode the home menu, so for the most part this is now fixed. Only issue remaining is that if you changed the number of home menu items, the Headings and sub menus get out of sync (was the same under Eden as well).

As to the placement of the text in the button was again caused by a change in Frodo (for the good in this case, bug was causing issues for skins with scrolling txt when dirtyregions was selected in advancedsettings.xml file ). Down side to the fix is that txt alignment in various controls has changed by a couple of pixels, so skinners need to go thru their skins and re adjust things. I'm fixing things as I notice them, so know issue that will be fixed over time. If you notice the problem, post here with details of where the problem is and I will get in an fix things.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 01:03)tawhid111 Wrote: Wyrm thanks for the quick reply I dont want to add to favorits which is in context menu .. i want the existing Favorites list to show up there things that i already added to the favorites list.

tawhid111,

So basically you want a new button on the Video OSD to take you to the Favourites screen? You do realise that you can keep the the Video playing and goto the favourites screen via the home menu and then return to the playing video. Not sure how you are running XBMC, but under Windows (with a keyboard) you press the "tab" key, navigate to the Favourites screen (do whatever you need to do) then press the "tab" key to return to the playing video. If you have setup the skin to use the playing video as a background image, you can even continue to watch the video while you do whatever you need to do before returning to the playing video.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)