Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - tawhid111 - 2013-01-24

i know that but thats not what i want to i want like this idea you have already :| when i click the Now playing icon on top i can see the video on the left and want to browse on the right just the favorites . would really appreciate it Big Grin Big Grin if you could help me out .

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 07:37)tawhid111 Wrote: i know that but thats not what i want to i want like this idea you have already :| when i click the Now playing icon on top i can see the video on the left and want to browse on the right just the favorites . would really appreciate it Big Grin Big Grin if you could help me out .
tawhid111,

Quick and dirty. Grab a text editor and load the skins VideoOSD.xml file. Search for
PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="918"
You need to replace
PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(28)</onclick
with this line
PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick
As to showing the playing video on the favourites screen, not going to happen. I'm not even sure if it is possible, but if it is the code would probably be very hacky. I just checked a number of other skins and no one else provides anything like this, that and I don't have time to provide and test the code to make it happen..

Best of luck on this
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tk1988 - 2013-01-24

Hello, i love this skin, it´s the best,but i have a problem. CU Lyrics it´s not in settings. i can´t atcivate it.

pls help me

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - tawhid111 - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 15:18)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 07:37)tawhid111 Wrote: i know that but thats not what i want to i want like this idea you have already :| when i click the Now playing icon on top i can see the video on the left and want to browse on the right just the favorites . would really appreciate it Big Grin Big Grin if you could help me out .
tawhid111,

Quick and dirty. Grab a text editor and load the skins VideoOSD.xml file. Search for
PHP Code:
You need to replace
PHP Code:
with this line
PHP Code:
As to showing the playing video on the favourites screen, not going to happen. I'm not even sure if it is possible, but if it is the code would probably be very hacky. I just checked a number of other skins and no one else provides anything like this, that and I don't have time to provide and test the code to make it happen..

Best of luck on this
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

thanks for the reply this isnt a bad idea but i would to know which file it is you in my screenshot where it says the video name "permutation"....which file contains that section ?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-24, 22:06)tawhid111 Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 15:18)wyrm Wrote:
tawhid111,

PHP Code:
You need to replace
PHP Code:
with this line
PHP Code:

Best of luck on this
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

thanks for the reply this isnt a bad idea but i would to know which file it is you in my screenshot where it says the video name "permutation"....which file contains that section ?
tawhid111,

File name is MyVideoPlaylist.xml, but you can't just graft the favourites into this file as that information is auto filled by XBMC (skin has no control of that). As a skinner I can setup buttons to go off to other screens and change the layout of the various screens, but it is XBMC that controls the information that goes to those screens. As to what files controls a particular screen, go into skin settings menu and navigate to the support sub menu. There you will find a setting to "show debug info", turn that on to see (in top left hand corner of the screen) what screen is currently being displayed.

What you are asking to do is to force XBMC to do something it was not design to do. If you do manage to get the skin to show what you want, all it will take is one small change by the XBMC devs to break your changes.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-01-24, 16:58)Tk1988 Wrote: Hello, i love this skin, it´s the best,but i have a problem. CU Lyrics it´s not in settings. i can´t atcivate it.

pls help me
Tk1988,

not entirely sure what you mean here. Do you want to change the settings for CU Lyrics ,if so you need to go to the enabled addons sub menu in the addons setting menu and select the addon. The info screen that then comes up will give you an option to configure addon, click that. Otherwise are you saying that you can't assign the CU Lyrics addon to the Lyrics button in the OSD? If that is what you mean, it's probably a bug and I need to take a look and fix that.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tk1988 - 2013-01-25

Yes the button in the OSD is missing. Thx for the work.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 13:55)Tk1988 Wrote: Yes the button in the OSD is missing. Thx for the work.
Tk1988,

OK, will take a look and see what I can do.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Working fine, have you setup in the skin settings menu which subtitle addon to use. Goto Skin settings/General, the setting is the one under "Animated Weather icons" (does not show on the screen as has scrolled off due to more settings under the General submenu than can be displayed). Item you need to change is "Show subtitle button in OSD". Select that and you will then need to select a subtitle script in a selection dialog. If you are running Frodo XBMC the skin setting menu has been moved (as it has for most skins) to the "Appearance" menu in the settings screen.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - tawhid111 - 2013-01-26

initially i was trying psudotv to browse all the live streams instead of coming back and forth i could just look and pick...your skinn is the only cuztomizable solution Big Grin Big Grin

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Steverae - 2013-01-30

Any word on when this new frodo version will go live in teh xvmc repo ?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 12:56)Steverae Wrote: Any word on when this new frodo version will go live in teh xvmc repo ?
Steverae,

Was aiming for this weekend, but the kids are home for school holidays so I am having problems getting near to my dev computer. At this stage I need to update the skin for the new artwork handling of Frodo and remove a number of hardcoded strings in the skin. I was planning a number of other improvements, but will probably drop them for this release. So maybe within a couple of weeks.

There is always the Passion repo to see the current state of the skin (if Passion repo is still broken, you can go to the website and download the zip file from there. You can then load the skin via the load from zip option in the addons menu.)

Now back to work
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Steverae - 2013-02-02

Hi Wyrm

I installed the latest version of this skin from the passion webpage and although it is a lovely looking skin, it does have a few issues especially on the horizontal menu view.

The menus get a bit messed up (apple tv) when you remove some of the options from the start menu such as pictures and music videos. The menu drop down's tend to not match up with the menu titles and often the blue highlight appears on none selected options.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-02, 23:30)Steverae Wrote: Hi Wyrm

I installed the latest version of this skin from the passion webpage and although it is a lovely looking skin, it does have a few issues especially on the horizontal menu view.

The menus get a bit messed up (apple tv) when you remove some of the options from the start menu such as pictures and music videos. The menu drop down's tend to not match up with the menu titles and often the blue highlight appears on none selected options.
Steverae,

Passion repo is Frodo XBMC only. If you have managed to get the skin into Eden XBMC I would not be surprised if it is messed up on the horizontal home menu.

Now if you are running Frodo, are you running a build of the skin after SVN757 as SVN758 has a fix for this issue (Uploaded to my svn on 28th Jan). If you are running a later version, could you please post a FULL debug log (see my sig on details on how to do this) as there would appear to be a problem with the fix under AppleTV.

Thanks
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - DetrieZ - 2013-02-04

Frodo
Windows 7
OpenMediaVault media server (networked w/mapped drives)

Please help me understand XBMC's Videos vs Movies vs Library

I have a shared network folder "xMovies" that contains (what I consider) Movies ie.. The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind" Casablanca etc. These are each in their own folder along with Fanart, Poster and Folder jpgs and tbn and nfo files. Also in this folder, I have a "1channel" folder for "1channel Add to Library" (all links in one folder)

I also have a shared network folder "xHomeMovies" with my home movies (avi files all in one folder.

Using the horizontal home menu in xtv-SAF, I have enabled Videos and Movie. I dont understand why I would need both

tia

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 23:01)DetrieZ Wrote: Frodo
Windows 7
OpenMediaVault media server (networked w/mapped drives)

Please help me understand XBMC's Videos vs Movies vs Library

I have a shared network folder "xMovies" that contains (what I consider) Movies ie.. The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind" Casablanca etc. These are each in their own folder along with Fanart, Poster and Folder jpgs and tbn and nfo files. Also in this folder, I have a "1channel" folder for "1channel Add to Library" (all links in one folder)

I also have a shared network folder "xHomeMovies" with my home movies (avi files all in one folder.

Using the horizontal home menu in xtv-SAF, I have enabled Videos and Movie. I dont understand why I would need both

tia
DetrieZ,

Last question first. You don't need to enable Videos and Movie tabs, one or the other should be fine. The Videos tab amongst other things gives you access to Videos in "File" mode, where as the Movies tab gives you access (by default, this can be changed in the skin settings menu) to your videos in Movies "Library" title mode.

On XBMC your video files are accessed via a database (and yes, this is also true for accessing files thru the "File" mode). When you first setup XBMC you need to tell the program the location of each source of media files (the "Add videos..." menu item in the root directory when you click the "Files" menu item under "Videos" menu). You then need to tell the system what type of media type the files are (this is why it is best to keep different types of video files separate from each other) and then "Scan" the video source into the Library. By scanning the files into the library you then get access to additional info and graphics relating to each video file. So the Plot info, movie ratings, cast etc and the background fanart, poster images, banner images, logos etc. If you access the media in "File" mode you don't get a lot of this additional info (to a large extent you are just looking at a plain directory listing), but some people prefer this as it does not take as much space to store and it can be a bit quicker to access.

This is standard for ALL skins and the basic setup of XBMC is covered in a number of other places (the Wiki is a good place to start). I would recommend that you go read up on how XBMC handles its media files and then come back and look thru the settings menu for the skin (a number of options will probably make a lot more sense after you understand how things are done on XBMC).

Best of luck
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Steverae - 2013-02-08

Just waiting for the final release of this into a repo so it can be downloaded on all my devices as the default theme - let us know when this is ready buddy Smile

I have 9 devices alone that require this theme.