Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 16:54)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 16:35)wyrm Wrote: Funny enough I was working on some more optimisations for version 1.4.0. Pretty sure this will smoke your skin now sport! Go check out the new home screen

I must admit, I'm textless Smile I had to turn recently added off, but that's small price to pay for the eye candy. Keep up the good work mate! BTW, any plans for add-on XXX?
pecinko,

Na mate, add-on XXX is geolocked here can't get it to work.Rofl Oh and BTW that's add-on XXXX

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - pecinko - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 17:39)wyrm Wrote: Na mate, add-on XXX is geolocked here can't get it to work.Rofl Oh and BTW that's add-on XXXX

Thank god! It is unlocked here and my spouse wants it every night... Do you except immigrants out there and is your beer any good?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-26, 04:49)wyrm Wrote: Now, just how quick is the skin now? How does it compare against Quartz, Amber and SiO2 (hopefully it should be quicker than these skins as my textures are smaller. 720p as compared to 1080p)? How is the load on your Raspberry Pi?

Kekeke, Episode II: Attack of the clones. Smile So latest Quartz, SiO2-x, xTV (svn). All skin perform very good on RPi, but i must admit xtv feels the fastest. Very nice work, Wyrm.

However there's a strange problem with fanart, easily noticed in Warp because it has more fanart exposed. I scroll to another item in library. Background for a tens of second is black, than fanart starting to undim. But that is fanart of the previous item in library. After fanart undimed it suddenly replaced to fanart of the current item. It all the same on the RPi and on core2 windows laptop. I could record video if you want.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-26, 17:55)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 17:39)wyrm Wrote: Na mate, add-on XXX is geolocked here can't get it to work.Rofl Oh and BTW that's add-on XXXX

Thank god! It is unlocked here and my spouse wants it every night... Do you except immigrants out there and is your beer any good?
pecinko,

my spouse says " what a load of #$%& " (I think she is the one who geolocked it here). As to immigrants, sure, come on down. And the beer, yes we have a few decent ones (but not XXXX, I would rather drink drain cleaner than that swill ).

Wyrm

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-27, 13:44)relyter Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 04:49)wyrm Wrote: Now, just how quick is the skin now? How does it compare against Quartz, Amber and SiO2 (hopefully it should be quicker than these skins as my textures are smaller. 720p as compared to 1080p)? How is the load on your Raspberry Pi?

Kekeke, Episode II: Attack of the clones. Smile So latest Quartz, SiO2-x, xTV (svn). All skin perform very good on RPi, but i must admit xtv feels the fastest. Very nice work, Wyrm.
Woot, finally faster than Quartz.
Quote:However there's a strange problem with fanart, easily noticed in Warp because it has more fanart exposed. I scroll to another item in library. Background for a tens of second is black, than fanart starting to undim. But that is fanart of the previous item in library. After fanart undimed it suddenly replaced to fanart of the current item. It all the same on the RPi and on core2 windows laptop. I could record video if you want.
The background being black before undimming the fanart is by design. If I don't show the fanart until you have stopped scrolling I am not needlessly loading big fanart images. Result is that even on the Raspberry Pi you can scroll thru your library very quickly and the expensive fanart load does not occur until the system has time to do so. As to the previous fanart showing briefly before the correct fanart is shown, I would say that is a bug with XBMC (pretty sure it did not happen under Eden, but don't quote me on that). What is happening as far as I can make out is that XBMC fades up the image control and shows whatever is in the buffer before the correct image has been loaded. Really what should happen is that the fade does not occur until the image has been loaded.

So in short yes I know about this, and yes I am trying to come up with a solution, but really it is a minor issue (hey you have a fanart background, just the wrong one briefly). Upside is that the fanart image load does not block the system, so is a heck of a lot quicker.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Lipo,

Just spotted the problem with the video library Wall view. Not sure why it happens but the number of episodes and a episode duration sometime (but not all the time for some strange reason) are what is overlapping. Have added a condition to the duration string to only display at the episode or movie level of the library (does not make sense to show it at any other time). Will upload to my googlecode page in just a moment, so if you are grabbing from there you can update the skin. Otherwise it will make the Passion repo sometime in the next day or so.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-27, 16:31)wyrm Wrote: So in short yes I know about this, and yes I am trying to come up with a solution, but really it is a minor issue (hey you have a fanart background, just the wrong one briefly). Upside is that the fanart image load does not block the system, so is a heck of a lot quicker.

Got it. Actually as a problem i was referring only to previous fanart. Undimming from black is pretty nice. And even better - it's useful Smile

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - stuCONNERS - 2013-04-28

have you got any pointers, im trying to get transmission to look like list view in programs, and is it possible to add a context menu to transmission?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-28

(2013-04-28, 13:02)stuCONNERS Wrote: have you got any pointers, im trying to get transmission to look like list view in programs, and is it possible to add a context menu to transmission?
stuCONNERS,

My font sizes are not named the same as those in the script, so go thru and change the <font> tags to use my names. Font size names are :
PHP Code:
rss20
font11
font12
font13
font18
font20
font22
font28 

font11 is the main font used in the list view, font18 is my main screen title size and font13 is used for headings.

Next you will need to change the text colours, I would recommend that you just remove those tags as the defaults file in my 720p directory will assign the default colours for you (so remove any <textcolor> tags )

Replace any reference to 'list-bg-selected.png' with my button image ('default-button.png') and just remove any control that references 'list-bg.png' or 'list-bg-selected-nofocus.png' as I don't have a unselected button images in the skin.

And finally I would change the reference to 'transmission-dialog.png' to 'button-menu-background.png' or even possibly remove the control altogether and just use the following line in its place
PHP Code:
<include>background</include> 

Hope that helps, maybe you should upload the .xml files somewhere and make them available to others once you finish this.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - joselbcn33 - 2013-05-02

Hi there Wyrm,

Thank you for enable autoscrolling!!!!!

Just a small issue:

For example:

on vertical menu, I have made a custom menu buttom "Online Videos", where I have the plugins Youtube and Pelisalacarta video addons,

When I access to Online Videos item, on list view, each addon description ( due it is large) scrolls the text, but when I choose Pelisalacarta addon and any of the movie channels the text does not scroll anymore.

With youtube if I search any video, the tittle label and description scrolls and it works properly. Also I have tested Pelisalacarta addon in list view with other skins (like neon or quartz reloaded) and autoscrolls it works.

I use the latest stable release frodo 12.1 , windows 7 and the latest svn xtv saf from passion-xbmc

Thank in advance for all your support and for your great work

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-05-02

(2013-05-02, 02:19)joselbcn33 Wrote: Hi there Wyrm,

Thank you for enable autoscrolling!!!!!
Your welcome
Quote:Just a small issue:

For example:

on vertical menu, I have made a custom menu buttom "Online Videos", where I have the plugins Youtube and Pelisalacarta video addons,

When I access to Online Videos item, on list view, each addon description ( due it is large) scrolls the text, but when I choose Pelisalacarta addon and any of the movie channels the text does not scroll anymore.

With youtube if I search any video, the tittle label and description scrolls and it works properly. Also I have tested Pelisalacarta addon in list view with other skins (like neon or quartz reloaded) and autoscrolls it works.

I use the latest stable release frodo 12.1 , windows 7 and the latest svn xtv saf from passion-xbmc

Thank in advance for all your support and for your great work
While I am about to go thru the skin and check where I think you are having a problem with this, you can pin down EXACTLY where the problem is in the skin by turning on "Show debug info" in the skins support settings submenu. Next go back to where the problem is occurring and note down the skin filename listed in the top left corner of the screen (will be something.xml listed in blue text). That is the file I need to go looking for the problem in. On second thoughts, take note of anything listed in the top left or right of the screen in either blue or red and report back here with the details so I can sort this out.

@ relyter, have had a look at the fanart issue you mentioned, and while I can lessen the problem to a degree (well make it a little less noticeable at least), this is a problem for any fanart type skin. If you look really carefully you will see the same problem occurring in other skins, it is just a bit more noticeable in my skin as I fade from black to the new fanart. In my defense, my implementation of fanart is now almost zero cost (skin runs almost as fast with or without fanart selected). You can lessen the problem to a degree from your end by making sure that you turn off extrafanart support.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-05-03

(2013-05-02, 17:03)wyrm Wrote: @ relyter, have had a look at the fanart issue you mentioned, and while I can lessen the problem to a degree (well make it a little less noticeable at least), this is a problem for any fanart type skin. If you look really carefully you will see the same problem occurring in other skins, it is just a bit more noticeable in my skin as I fade from black to the new fanart. In my defense, my implementation of fanart is now almost zero cost (skin runs almost as fast with or without fanart selected). You can lessen the problem to a degree from your end by making sure that you turn off extrafanart support.

i always have extrafanart disabled, i even don't have it downloaded. Too much distraction, all those clear/disk/arts/logo/extrafanart/etc Smile
So i may download svn to check it or wait for the sync?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - joselbcn33 - 2013-05-03

Thanks Wyrm,

okey, I have followed your instructions and after enable "show debug info" the file that appears on the left corner is MyVideoNav.xml. Also, on the right side there are a couple of lines (in red and blue) that only displays the name of the video plugin (pelisalacarta) and the path where I am (for example any of the channels of this plugin).

Hope this will help

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-05-03

(2013-05-03, 11:38)joselbcn33 Wrote: Thanks Wyrm,

okey, I have followed your instructions and after enable "show debug info" the file that appears on the left corner is MyVideoNav.xml. Also, on the right side there are a couple of lines (in red and blue) that only displays the name of the video plugin (pelisalacarta) and the path where I am (for example any of the channels of this plugin).

Hope this will help
joselbcn33,

Ok, pretty sure I fixed that last night and as a result should now be available on the Passion repo (ignore the changelog on the site as it is always one push behind, don't know why). While going thru the code I did notice that for some cases the text for the non selected entries would scroll as well. As I think a whole screen of scrolling text would look awful, this has been fixed as well. Text should now scroll for the selected item only for any video related source (plugins, scripts, library etc). Could you please advise if this is NOT the case and I can then have another crack at sorting the problem.

@ relyter

Still working on the fanart issue, at this stage I have not committed anything to the public svn (still only my local version). I'm trying a different approach where I hide the transition behind a black background and fade up when it is ready, but I'm currently having a problem with the correct visible condition for this. Will advise when I make a push to the public svn with a update for this problem.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-05-04

(2013-04-20, 19:29)relyter Wrote: But now few strings in translation are just cut in the middle and without scrolling no chance to read them whole. Yes, most of them are quite long, i'll try to shorten them. (but generally russian translation of the english text is something 35% longer in letters/words and the same in reading time). But there're also few short lines that cut:

- "program addons" and "get addons" in Addons on Home screen, "system info" in system. But those are xbmc strings, not skin, right?
relyter,

As you have seen I have sorted a couple of the issues from your original post, but the above is still an issue. What are your thoughts on changing some of the strings in the home menu addons menu? For example dropping the "addons" part of the string so "program addons" would just become "programs". For the "get addons" I could change that to "get more" or even maybe "more...", what do you think about that? And finally maybe "info" instead of "system info" under the system menu?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-04, 16:37)wyrm Wrote: ... For example dropping the "addons" part of the string so "program addons" would just become "programs". For the "get addons" I could change that to "get more" or even maybe "more...", what do you think about that? And finally maybe "info" instead of "system info" under the system menu?

Bold is what i was going to do in translation when i found that "program addons" is a xbmc string, not skin. And i stuck there. Smile Actually you don't have to change any of the english strings, there are no problem with length of the english text. It is enough if you just convert it to skin string and than i would be able to choose translation of the appropriate length, while keeping the meaning.
Yeah, it seems counterproductive to introduce new skin string when you already have exactly the same core string and it would "uncomplete" current translations. So you may leave it as it is. It's only 3 strings now, however all of them on Home.

ps. Could you please check if you assing 750 px also for "reset skins setting to default"? It seems shorter.

ps1. As i happens to understand polish as well i noticed that both in official and svn version you have outdated translation, not the current one from transifex.