Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2010-01-04

Hi again,

Back from the family camping trip (but off again in about a week). I received notification from Bram77 while on holiday that the latest version (0.85) is now available on xbmc-xbox-skins google group, so have now updated first post to reflect this. I will NOT have a lot of time this month to work on the skin, but if anyone spots any bugs, please post details here and I will see what I can manage.

Have not done so yet, but I plan to update to the latest stable release of XBMC (Camelot 9.11), so this version of the skin will probably be the last version tested against SVN version 21923.

Wyrm

New release - pierocol - 2010-01-08

Hi,
I installed the new version (0.85) from SVN Repo and so far I did not encounter any problem. I need to be able to test it a bit more to give you more meaningful feedback and only have a bit of time during the week end.
Let me thank you once more for the excellent work.

Image at startup - pierocol - 2010-01-09

Is it possible to change the image displayed at startup? (the white box)

- wyrm - 2010-01-10

pierocol Wrote:Is it possible to change the image displayed at startup? (the white box)

pierocol,

sure I guess, I have to say it would not be a major (or even minor) priority. It's displayed for less than 30 seconds and then the home menu is displayed, why bother? If you must change it, the file you would need to change is called 'startup.xml'. This file is really small, and if you can drive a text editor, it should be pretty obvious what needs to be changed (make a backup just in case you mess up).

BTW have you found any problems with the latest release. Have been updating a few of the graphics, but have yet to get stuck in to the coding. Not much time at the moment will probably not do much until end of the month.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- pierocol - 2010-01-10

It is quite an irrelevant thing I am trying to do. I like to emulate as close as possible a Mac environment and I found a nice image for this skin...
I looked into the startup.xml script and I understand the image background-startup.png is the one that is loaded. Where is it stored? I could simply substitute it with mine.
So far everything goes fine with the skin!

- pierocol - 2010-01-10

A couple of bugs in V 0.85 (?):
in System, Download themes does not work and also "about xbmc"
Cheers

- wyrm - 2010-01-11

pierocol Wrote:A couple of bugs in V 0.85 (?):
in System, Download themes does not work and also "about xbmc"
Cheers

pierocol,

if you are running the skin under anything other than the xbox, "download themes" does not work. I'm pretty sure this has been the case since xbmc 9.04 and I'm pretty sure it is just that the script that downloads the themes needs updating. As things have changed a fair bit since the last release of xTV (2269) I'm not sure if downloading the themes is such a good idea anyway, so I have not bothered to fix this (maybe when I move the skin source to google code). "About XBMC" also falls into this category, although this is not a script problem.

So in short, I know about these bugs, but not a major priority at this stage. Just the same please keep the feedback coming as its all helpful (even if just so I know someone is using the skin).

Thanks again
Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- wyrm - 2010-01-11

pierocol Wrote:It is quite an irrelevant thing I am trying to do. I like to emulate as close as possible a Mac environment and I found a nice image for this skin...
I looked into the startup.xml script and I understand the image background-startup.png is the one that is loaded. Where is it stored? I could simply substitute it with mine.
So far everything goes fine with the skin!

pierocol,

Yes, background-startup.png is the file you are after. It's 'hidden' away in the media directory in the file called Textures.xpr (all of the images used by the skin are stored here). Just place your image file in the media directory (but give it a different name as the image file in the .xpr file takes precedence) and change the name of the file in startup.xml to point to your new file. Hope that helps.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- pierocol - 2010-01-11

wyrm Wrote:pierocol,

if you are running the skin under anything other than the xbox, "download themes" does not work. I'm pretty sure this has been the case since xbmc 9.04 and I'm pretty sure it is just that the script that downloads the themes needs updating. As things have changed a fair bit since the last release of xTV (2269) I'm not sure if downloading the themes is such a good idea anyway, so I have not bothered to fix this (maybe when I move the skin source to google code). "About XBMC" also falls into this category, although this is not a script problem.

So in short, I know about these bugs, but not a major priority at this stage. Just the same please keep the feedback coming as its all helpful (even if just so I know someone is using the skin).

Thanks again
Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Being a bit new to the game, I cannot get everything you wrote, but enough. For example I am not even sure what downloading themes would do, or if it is relevant. I also do not understand why some script code should be. You mean, I think, that these are not bugs of XTV per se, but affect xmbc as whole.
Anway I will keep posting about things I find out by using your neat skin, and bhopefully in the future I will understand better when it is a xTV issue.

- pierocol - 2010-01-11

wyrm Wrote:pierocol,

Yes, background-startup.png is the file you are after. It's 'hidden' away in the media directory in the file called Textures.xpr (all of the images used by the skin are stored here). Just place your image file in the media directory (but give it a different name as the image file in the .xpr file takes precedence) and change the name of the file in startup.xml to point to your new file. Hope that helps.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

I have done it! Thanks a whole lot! great satisfaction. In case you would like a more Apple-ish image for your very Apple-ish skin, let me now where I can send it. It looks neat to me.

- wyrm - 2010-01-13

pierocol Wrote:I have done it! Thanks a whole lot! great satisfaction. In case you would like a more Apple-ish image for your very Apple-ish skin, let me now where I can send it. It looks neat to me.

pierocol,

Have sent you a Private message with my e-mail address, please send it there, and I will take a look.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Very Small Bug Fix - wyrm - 2010-01-24

Hi Guys,

Have just uploaded a tiny file (less that 1K zip file) that contains an updated script for the skin. If you are seeing a message that tells you that you need to update XBMC but are using a release after SVN 21000 (XBMC Camelot is SVN 26017) you need to download this script.

Link to zip file on Megaupload

Copy the file CheckSpecial.py to xbmc/skin/xTV SAF/script directory (make sure xTV SAF is not the current skin when you do this). Basically there was a small error with the script (but it did not stop script from running previously) with something that was not really required, so has been removed.

I know that this is an issue for the Xbox, but not sure if it even affects the other platforms, so if you are not having any problems, don't bother downloading fixed script. New script will be in the next release (no idea on release date at this stage) so don't panic, fix will make it into the skin soon.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- silps - 2010-01-30

Thanks for doing this version of the xTV skin, I had moved away from xTV to Transparency as xTV was getting out of date but thanks to you I'm back to using xTV SAF.

Could you try to implement the Open Subtitles script to work within xTV SAF?

Cheers.

- wyrm - 2010-01-30

silps Wrote:Thanks for doing this version of the xTV skin, I had moved away from xTV to Transparency as xTV was getting out of date but thanks to you I'm back to using xTV SAF.

Could you try to implement the Open Subtitles script to work within xTV SAF?

Cheers.

silps,

Not familiar with that script, but if you provide a link I will take a look. Be warned that as a python coder, I'm an passable skin writer. Is there any other skins that support this script. I have no pride, I have been checking various other skins to see how things are done. So if someone else is doing this, I have a much better chance of getting it integrated into xTV SAF.

That said, v0.90 was goings to implement a major SAF component, but due to major time constrains, it has not happened as yet. Working on it soon I hope, but I really need to stop going off on side projects. Will look at this after I have got a couple of my projects looked after.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- silps - 2010-01-31

Hi, the Transparency skin has support for Open Subtitles, basically when watching a movie you bring up the on screen navigation controls and there is a button for the Open Subtitles which brings up a dialogue and lets you download the subtitles. No rush to implement but some people might find it useful. For me I think the Transparency skin has the best features at present so check it out and see what would be useful in your skin.

Thread for Open Subtitles http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56083

Cheers.