Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-08-13

Hey Wyrm,

just to back doveman2 up, I've got the same error since yesterday. Didn't change a thing since my last post about the EPG, thought my VDR was acting up, but didn't find a single error on that side...

From what I could tell, the debug log seemed awfull quiet about this lockup, but I'll try to post one for you. It's kinda hard, since a reboot from ssh is the only way to get the raspi to response again, but posting the xbmc.old.log should work...

And yeah, ok, I'll leave the private pictures out of the debug... Wink Didn't yet try another skin to see if it's rather an xbmc wide error, but will do this too in the evening. Oh, I definitely wait long enough for the PVR-Client to come up. I can even be watching live TV, but as soon as EPG should get opened, the live TV starts stuttering and hanging every 2-3 secs, the EPG never shows and the raspi ignores all remote signals. Top shows a massive load from xbmc, ranging from 92-99%.

Bench

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-13

(2013-08-13, 10:37)bench Wrote: Hey Wyrm,

just to back doveman2 up, I've got the same error since yesterday. Didn't change a thing since my last post about the EPG, thought my VDR was acting up, but didn't find a single error on that side...

From what I could tell, the debug log seemed awfull quiet about this lockup, but I'll try to post one for you. It's kinda hard, since a reboot from ssh is the only way to get the raspi to response again, but posting the xbmc.old.log should work...

And yeah, ok, I'll leave the private pictures out of the debug... Wink Didn't yet try another skin to see if it's rather an xbmc wide error, but will do this too in the evening. Oh, I definitely wait long enough for the PVR-Client to come up. I can even be watching live TV, but as soon as EPG should get opened, the live TV starts stuttering and hanging every 2-3 secs, the EPG never shows and the raspi ignores all remote signals. Top shows a massive load from xbmc, ranging from 92-99%.

Bench
Bench,

It is most definitely a XBMC wide error. NO compliant xml file should be able to crash the program. To the best of my knowledge this is the only place in the entire program where a xml file can crash the system. Everywhere else the skin will either not start and fallback to the default Confluence skin or XBMC will just ignore the faulty tag. Now on my system this works just fine, but I'm running release Frodo and not a bleeding edge build of Gotham. All that I can suggest is that you rollback the skin to a version before 1.3.3.941 (last Passion release before this was 1.3.3.940). You should be able to find a copy on your system in the addons/packages directory (this is where the system keeps old addon zip files). Give that a try and report back if it helps (in which case I will undo the changes to the EPG)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-13

Wyrm,

Here's the debug log from Confluence (Vanilla) http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44816

and here's the one from xTV-SAF http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44818 (I got a new update to v945 this morning but I had the same problem with the previous version)

No pictures of relatives or their pets viewed in either, as requested Wink

Probably the other logs you saw were where I hadn't woken the HTPC (running MediaPortal) manually before booting the RPi, as it doesn't wake it automatically but normally (and for these tests) I did wake the PC first and I see the "Loading EPG data from Client" and it going through all the channels at the top of the screen when XBMC starts, so it's definitely available.

EDIT: Rolled back to v928, which was the last version I had in packages before v942 and it's OK again http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44826

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-13

Wyrm,

Whilst you're looking at it, there's a few other things that could be improved with the EPG IMHO. Bear in mind I'm testing with v928 at the moment, so you might have already fixed 3 & 4 in a more recent build (1 & 2 were definitely still the case with v945 though).

1. I've set the Red button on my remote to toggle Fullscreen but this isn't working when in the EPG (or Recordings) screen, which means if I'm watching TV and open the Guide (or Recordings list) I have to then press Back to go back to the Home screen and then press Red to get back to watching the programme. I tested with Confluence and it doesn't work there either but there still might be something you can tweak in your skin to make this work, or maybe I've got something missing in my remote.xml which I've posted here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44845

2. When selecting a programme and pressing OK, it then opens another screen from where I have to navigate to Switch and press OK again to start watching the programme. I can't see any real need for this screen as your EPG screen shows the programme description already (with Confluence it doesn't) and it would be much nicer (and more like a STB) if pressing OK just switched to the selected programme/channel straight away. Pressing Info brings up a menu with Record as an option, so the second screen isn't needed for setting recordings either.

If for some reason you're not able or willing to get rid of this screen, if you could at least make the button default to Switch instead of OK (which just closes it), that would make it a bit less hassle to start watching a programme.

3. When switching channel (with Ch+/-) whilst watching TV, it shows the Timeline bar with a FFwd symbol and then Buffering... With Confluence, it doesn't show anything until the channel changes and then it shows the OSD with the current channel and programme details, which is much more useful (although it would be nicer still if it showed something at the start of the process as well, as it can take several seconds with the picture frozen and the user should have some feedback that it's switching channel and hasn't crashed)

4. When pressing Info whilst watching a programme to bring up the OSD, the Channel name and Logo is rather small and actually above the black background, so this could be moved down onto the background and perhaps made larger.

I made a log doing all these things with xTV-SAF http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44848

and then with Confluence for comparison http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44850

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-08-13

@doveman2,

1: I had some hastle with switching to Fullscreen, too. Sadly that's rather an xbmc error and nothing this skin could change - I think! no offense wyrm! Wink I think, when you're in the homescreen, you can just push back again and you'll be in fullscreen again, somewhat easier.

2: There's an advancedsettings.xml entry for that:

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

With this setting, you switch from epg to a channel without any info screen in between when you push OK.

Can't really comment on the other two, as to me, switching channels by ch+/- is instantanious and the Info dialogue you're referring to has already been pimped perfectly in my opinion. Keep in mind, that the channellogos aren't that big in the first place, so bloating them anymore could make them ugly. As to what's "above" and should be moved down onto the background, I don't see that effect somehow...

@wyrm,

couldn't believe my eyes when I did a quick test today and the epg worked on the exact same setup it hung yesterday... then I scrolled down a page and it got stuck again... sadly the uploaded xbmc.old.log is of no use, because it's an even older version, from the last normal shutdown before the hung up. It doesn't seem to be moved aside, when rebooting from ssh or maybe that's only due to the heavy load. I then switched to confluence and scrolled through the epg without a glitch... I can't really believe that it's because of your skin either, maybe something inside the epg data that should be displayed? I know from past experience with vdr, that some channels distribute awful epg-data. If that's the case, other skins would need to have some kind of string cleansing before trying to display the epg data, but that's kinda hard to believe, too...

I'm really sorry for the lack of a crash log and I'm gonna try again, as long as ssh is working in the hung up state, I should be able to copy the xbmc.log to some place safe and then upload it manually. But right now, the raspi is in use again...

Bench

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-14

doveman2 and bench,

<rant>
Trust me when I say that as far as skinning is concerned the LiveTV stuff in XBMC is a absolute joke. I swear the GUI code in this part of XBMC is held together with spit and bubblegum as this is the second time I have had xml code manage to crash the entire program.

To be fair, you guys are using bleeding edge software on a seriously underpowered platform and the code for LiveTV is still very new, but why does skin coding in this section have to be so different from elsewhere in the XBMC codebase. And why oh why are we still seeing hard crashes from xml code that my editor tells me is properly formed xml.
</rant>

Now, what am I going to do about the current problem? First, I will back out the code I think might be causing issues (I have reduced the number of time blocks from 40 to 34, so that we see 2.5 hours on screen instead of 3. I guess I will have to change this back to 40.). If that does not work I will put the EPG code back to the way it was previously, so back to 7 lines of EPG data instead of 8. I will post the new code to my googlecode page a little later today, so you should see it tomorrow on the Passion repo. Download the new build and let me know if it works or if I need to then back out the code completely.

As for any other changes to LiveTV part of skin, furgetaboutit. While I can't lay all of the delays at the feet of the LiveTV code (both wife and I have been taking turns with health issues), the skin is well overdue for release of a new version. When the 1.3.3 release is out and I have then dealt with other issues in the skin, I might revisit this code and see what can be done, but don't expect anything until Gotham hits beta stage.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-14

(2013-08-13, 20:35)bench Wrote: @doveman2,

1: I had some hastle with switching to Fullscreen, too. Sadly that's rather an xbmc error and nothing this skin could change - I think! no offense wyrm! Wink I think, when you're in the homescreen, you can just push back again and you'll be in fullscreen again, somewhat easier.

2: There's an advancedsettings.xml entry for that:

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

With this setting, you switch from epg to a channel without any info screen in between when you push OK.

Can't really comment on the other two, as to me, switching channels by ch+/- is instantanious and the Info dialogue you're referring to has already been pimped perfectly in my opinion. Keep in mind, that the channellogos aren't that big in the first place, so bloating them anymore could make them ugly. As to what's "above" and should be moved down onto the background, I don't see that effect somehow...

Thanks for that advancedsettings tip, that makes it much nicer to use Smile Pressing back from Home does work as well as Red and is a bit more convenient as you said.

I guess you're using some different TV Server to me (Mediaportal) if switching channels is that quick as it takes about 5s for me, with the picture frozen from the moment I press the button to switch until the new channel starts but there's a lot of quirks/bugs with the TV side of things at the moment, so hopefully it will improve. Even on my PC running Mediaportal it takes a second or two to change channel though, so it must partly be a limitation of Mediaportal or my specific tuner (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 PCI).

@wyrm,

Yeah, I sympathise with you as the LiveTV side of XBMC is clearly very buggy at the moment and I'm not sure if anyone's working on it much. It's quite annoying that it has to download the EPG data from my PC everytime I boot the RPi, as I have to wait quite a while for it to finish before I can start thinking about browsing my media (and when debugging and rebooting frequtently it's even more annoying), so it's tempting to just disable the TV side of things and use a STB, which starts pretty much instantly, for that but hopefully they'll be able to improve it in due course.

To be honest, as LiveTV's so buggy at the moment and I'm not sure how much I'm likely to use it until it's improved (I'm actually setting this particular RPi up for my brother, so I need to try and keep the buggy behaviour to minimum), I'm more keen to see the Movies Wrap view modified to show some more details without having to go into Information, as we discussed before (or maybe keep the current Wrap view for those who prefer to see just the fanart and make an alternative view with more info shown). At the moment, it only shows the title and genre and it would be nice to see the synopsis and runtime at least.

I'll keep an eye out for the update and let you know how it goes.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-08-14

@doveman2,

I'm using a vdr-backend on my xen server. It's a dedicaded vm with one technisat skystar hd 2 tuner (a second tuner from the same brand is not yet build in, as it was used in my old htpc, which is now retired). The channel switching time on the pi is really amazing, but it took some work and time. I use the vnsi4 plugin for this. This forced me to use bleeding edge, even though I like to stick to something stable as often as possible, especially if it's in the living room and has to be wife compatible. I had a hard time getting a setup with fast response times and the audio and video not going out of sync, but now that I've got this setup, I wouldn't switch to anything else. I got the pi overclocked to 1ghz, maybe that's another speed up in switching times? I couldn't tell, as I've got it overclocked from the beginning, because the menus got sooo much faster this way.

I agree, that the live tv part is still kind of buggy, and the epg sync at boot is annoying, but a Raspberry Pi uses as much energy in action as some other devices do in standby, so if it bothers you that much, I'd advice you to just leave it running, if you don't want to use live tv anyways, then don't bother and just disable the pvr part and even better: go back to a recent stable, I feel like the gotham build are getting worse, even though great new features are added like fast forward and rewind, great bugs are added to like the crash when changing viewmodes...

@wyrm,

I totally respect your decision! When live tv is (hopefully) due to be worked at, I'd say the chances are, that all your hard work with the skin is useless sooner or later. Your skin, your rules. On what part of the skin you work and even if you work on it at all is totally up to you. If there's anything you'd like to have tested or another set of eyes on, just say so and it will be done. That's the least one can do. I'll be looking for glitches and bugs naturally, but as everyone has his on preferences for the views, the layout of sources and even what parts to use, chances are, I'm missing stuff.

Last but not least I wish you and your wife all the best for your health!

PS: Still I have to defend the Raspberry Pi. It's not that underpowered, as it is able to display full hd files (even plain ts recordings from my vdr which are about twice the size of the same movie encoded to mp4. My old xbox already got to its knees, when the xvid bitrates got above 1000kbps. At the moment I'm watching a 1080p movie in mp4 and it's under 40% load (and running on 700mhz) and the main purpose of a media center should be enjoying media and not watching beautiful menus and the Raspberry's a perfect fit for my needs.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-14

(2013-08-14, 20:49)bench Wrote: @doveman2,

I'm using a vdr-backend on my xen server. It's a dedicaded vm with one technisat skystar hd 2 tuner (a second tuner from the same brand is not yet build in, as it was used in my old htpc, which is now retired). The channel switching time on the pi is really amazing, but it took some work and time. I use the vnsi4 plugin for this. This forced me to use bleeding edge, even though I like to stick to something stable as often as possible, especially if it's in the living room and has to be wife compatible. I had a hard time getting a setup with fast response times and the audio and video not going out of sync, but now that I've got this setup, I wouldn't switch to anything else. I got the pi overclocked to 1ghz, maybe that's another speed up in switching times? I couldn't tell, as I've got it overclocked from the beginning, because the menus got sooo much faster this way.

I agree, that the live tv part is still kind of buggy, and the epg sync at boot is annoying, but a Raspberry Pi uses as much energy in action as some other devices do in standby, so if it bothers you that much, I'd advice you to just leave it running, if you don't want to use live tv anyways, then don't bother and just disable the pvr part and even better: go back to a recent stable, I feel like the gotham build are getting worse, even though great new features are added like fast forward and rewind, great bugs are added to like the crash when changing viewmodes...

PS: Still I have to defend the Raspberry Pi. It's not that underpowered, as it is able to display full hd files (even plain ts recordings from my vdr which are about twice the size of the same movie encoded to mp4. My old xbox already got to its knees, when the xvid bitrates got above 1000kbps. At the moment I'm watching a 1080p movie in mp4 and it's under 40% load (and running on 700mhz) and the main purpose of a media center should be enjoying media and not watching beautiful menus and the Raspberry's a perfect fit for my needs.

[my turn to rant]
I'm overclocked to 1000/333 as well and I'm still using the 23/07 build as I've noted people are having problems with more recent builds but XBMC can still be quite unresponsive at times, taking 5s+ from pressing the EPG button to actually displaying it, with no indication in the meantime that it's doing anything and when opening the EPG whilst TV is playing it's even worse and the programme pauses/stutters as it opens. It's pretty impossible for me to tell if it's due to the hardware, XBMC or the Mediaportal plugin (or maybe a bit of each). Other places where it doesn't give any feedback are when choosing reboot from the menu, where it just sits on the same screen for about 8s before you see the boot startup and you know it's doing something. It's understandable that a low-powered device like the Pi is going to struggle with some things, like managing chunks of data like the EPG as it's CPU is rather weak but it's this lack of feedback in the UI that can be frustrating/confusing and not at all user-friendly.

Another issue I have with the RPi is that it makes USB hubs run hot. The ports on mine are quite uncomfortably hot to the touch and compared to the heatsink I've put on the Pi's CPU, which XBMC tells me is about 50c, I'd say the hub is about the same. With the hub plugged into a PC, it doesn't get hot at all but I've reported all this and haven't had any acknowledgment of the problem.

The RPi doesn't support cascaded hubs either, so I can only use 3 ports on my 7 port hub which is disappointing too.

In addition, because XBMC's dirty regions handling isn't working properly, the CPU usage can be anywhere from 40% to 90% when it's just sitting on a menu not doing anything, which is a bit contrary to the whole low-power idea. OK, it might only be using a few watts even at 100% but it still causes it to heat up to 60c+ and has made it necessary for me to cut a big hole in the top of my case to fit a fan filter to allow some of the heat to dissipate as it was getting to 70c+ with the lid closed. When watching media, it's generally only around 30% (although it shoots up again as soon as the OSD is brought up, when pausing for example) so if the GUI didn't load the CPU so much constantly, it might have been possible to do without this big hole. The heat from the hub and the RPi makes me too nervous to leave it on constantly, which I was hoping to do, in case my (plastic) case melts!

[end rant]

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-15

Guys,

Just to be clear I don't have any real issues with the Pi's (I too have one that I'm trying to get ready for a relative) just that I think you need to remember that its early days for the Pi as far as XBMC is concerned. In fact I think it can only be good for the XBMC codebase in general as it exposes problems that people would not see running XBMC on their top of the line i7's.

That said, LiveTV on XBMC is a massive PITA in part due to the way it was integrated into the rest of the program. If it had of been introduced into the system as another node in the video library, the coding issues that skinner are having with it would have been reduced considerably. As I said previously "NO well formed xml file should be able to crash the program". At the very worst, XBMC should say the skin is non compliant and default back to Confluence, or the offending control should just be ignored and not rendered. And once again to be fair to the devs dealing with LiveTV there is no getting around the fact that EPG's are vastly different to any other views withing XBMC, so the skinners just have to grit their teeth and just get on with it.

As to the wife's and my health, we are fine, it's just another layer of stress in a stressful part of the year. I tend to stress when I feel something is overdue (and I think this current version of the skin is about two months late). I just want to put the skin to bed, take a short break and then get on with the next round of skinning.

How can you guy's help? Well you can report bugs when you see them (not just before I'm about to push the submit button for the main repo). You can think a little about some of the suggestions (is this just relevant to me and nobody else or will everyone benefit) and make a good case for inclusion. Maybe even do a little research and see why something is the way it is (oh, it's not empty space, it's just I don't have the option set that fills the space with something).

So in short, timely bug reports, well formed arguments for feature inclusion and quick turn around on followups make my life a lot easier (and thus mean I'm in a better frame of mind to help).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-15

wyrm,

Thanks for the update, it's not crashing opening the EPG anymore. Smile

I haven't been able to test LiveTV yet as the MediaPortal plugin on the PC is having problems and the RPi is unable to access the stream. It seems to work for a while after a reboot but I've been busy on the PC and unable to reboot as of yet but I'll do that ASAP.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - stuCONNERS - 2013-08-17

how about next aired support, similar to immersive?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-17, 02:45)stuCONNERS Wrote: how about next aired support, similar to immersive?
@stuCONNERS, for 1.3.3, no way. For 1.3.3+ maybe. Need more details (pictures, what scripts immersive is using, where you think it needs to appear in my skin). 1.3.3+ it is planned that I redo how the shelf icons are handled . I'm hoping to allow users to specify if a plain default icon is used or to even expand the range of icons currently shown on the shelf. So if you can see next aired fitting into that in some way, there is a reasonable chance it will happen.

@doveman2, No more changes to the skin at this stage, but from your comments I take it that there are no more show stopper bugs? So failing any last minute bugs I find, all I need to do is make sure the language files are updated and then I'm good to push the submit button for the main repo?

@Tom4Surfing, Have not forgotten Lyrics support, but it is definitely going to have to wait for 1.3.3+ as it will involve messing with the settings page and adding new strings to the skin. Is top of my todo list

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-17

wyrm,

It seems stable enough (well as stable as the RPi gets at the moment) so yeah, please do release and take a well-deserved break when you're ready.

I was testing on the PC and it seems to have an issue with scrolling the categories, where it gets out of sync as shown in these screenshots but maybe that's because it's running Windowed. It's reproducible but not entirely and sometimes it scrolls to Settings normally. I recall I had this problem on the RPi previously but I don't have Addons displayed on there now, so that's probably why it doesn't happen anymore.

I've also run into an issue when drilling down into a Series which has no episodes listed (not sure why they don't as they exist but anyway) and it shows a pretty confusing almost blank screen, without even any Series name at the top or even any .. to navigate back a folder.

Confluence handles this a bit better:

Issues 3 & 4 with the TV parts of the skin that I previously mentioned are still present in the latest update, so you might want to take a look at those when you come back to it. I've taken some screenshots to show the problem though. (Had to move these to another post as it only allows 6 images per post).

Anyway, as I don't think I'll be using the RPi for LiveTV in it's current state, these are not that important to me right now. I'm far more interested in some tweaks to the Movies Wrap view to show some more info and to remove the delay and poster fade when scrolling movies in list view (the same goes for TV Shows list view for both the top level and episodes).

For TV Shows, I tend to use list view but sometimes I like to use Wrap or Banner for the top level but to be honest, Banners is a bit cramped and it doesn't fit the description in very well. You could perhaps make a bit more room by compressing the date, genre and rating from the current three lines to one like "2007 Documentary 9.1/10", which should be pretty clear even without the headers. I'm not sure if you've used a smaller font in List view or if it's just that the right-hand side displaying the titles requires less space than the banners do, leaving more width for the description but it looks a lot nicer there. Could perhaps add the year to List view, above the rating stars (or change these to a numerical rating like on Banners view). It would also be nice if the views showed total number of episodes, not just unwatched, so maybe "32 Episodes, 5 Unwatched"

TL;DR - No major bugs. I can make do with List view for Movies and TV Shows if the delay/zoom is removed but would like some adjustments to Wrap and Banners ideally.

PS. You might want to consider adding options to disable the Recently Added items, as in Confluence, as on the RPi these can trigger a bug and cause high CPU usage Confused

This is SAF when changing channel (as you see, it shows a FastForward symbol which is a bit confusing, so perhaps change this to just say "Changing Channel")

and this is Confluence

This is SAF when bringing up the OSD whilst watching a channel (showing the channel number and name displayed above the box where the logo is displayed. When I was testing on the RPi, it didn't show any logos so I just saw this text outside the box)

and this is Confluence. I'd say it's less confusing just having start and end times on the timeline, not the other numbers and people can exercise their brains and calculate the remaining time manually if they need to Wink

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-17, 20:37)doveman2 Wrote: wyrm,
I was testing on the PC and it seems to have an issue with scrolling the categories, where it gets out of sync as shown in these screenshots but maybe that's because it's running Windowed. It's reproducible but not entirely and sometimes it scrolls to Settings normally. I recall I had this problem on the RPi previously but I don't have Addons displayed on there now, so that's probably why it doesn't happen anymore.
Yes, I do know of this issue, I bet you are using a mouse. You can get the menu back into sync with the categories by going into the settings menu and coming back to the home screen. I have included code to reset the focus back to the correct positions, but it really only seems to work correctly for the settings menu. This code probably needs a major rethink.

Quote:I've also run into an issue when drilling down into a Series which has no episodes listed (not sure why they don't as they exist but anyway) and it shows a pretty confusing almost blank screen, without even any Series name at the top or even any .. to navigate back a folder.
no entirely sure what is happening here, currently trying to pin down the cause.

Quote:Issues 3 & 4 with the TV parts of the skin that I previously mentioned are still present in the latest update, so you might want to take a look at those when you come back to it.
Can't exactly remember the issues you meant, but I think I have fixed the fast forward graphic image issue with 1.3.3.950 (should be on Passion tomorrow morning).

Quote:I'm far more interested in some tweaks to the Movies Wrap view to show some more info and to remove the delay and poster fade when scrolling movies in list view (the same goes for TV Shows list view for both the top level and episodes).
Delays and poster fades are there in part to help the RaspPi cope with the system load, but will take a quick look to see if I can fine tune this delay.

Quote:For TV Shows, I tend to use list view but sometimes I like to use Wrap or Banner for the top level but to be honest, Banners is a bit cramped and it doesn't fit the description in very well. You could perhaps make a bit more room by compressing the date, genre and rating from the current three lines to one like "2007 Documentary 9.1/10", which should be pretty clear even without the headers. I'm not sure if you've used a smaller font in List view or if it's just that the right-hand side displaying the titles requires less space than the banners do, leaving more width for the description but it looks a lot nicer there. Could perhaps add the year to List view, above the rating stars (or change these to a numerical rating like on Banners view). It would also be nice if the views showed total number of episodes, not just unwatched, so maybe "32 Episodes, 5 Unwatched"
Think will leave this for 1.3.3+, but will revisit this view to cleanup things a bit. Just a note, XBMC does not allow me to restrict the number of genre types displayed, so potentially you can have several genre types included in the genre string, so I have no real idea what is a good size of that string.

Quote:PS. You might want to consider adding options to disable the Recently Added items, as in Confluence, as on the RPi these can trigger a bug and cause high CPU usage Confused
Has already been mentioned as a 1.3.3+ feature to be worked on. Involves string changes which are a major PITA and so can definitely wait.

Quote:This is SAF when changing channel (as you see, it shows a FastForward symbol which is a bit confusing, so perhaps change this to just say "Changing Channel")
should be fixed with 1.3.3.950

Quote:This is SAF when bringing up the OSD whilst watching a channel (showing the channel number and name displayed above the box where the logo is displayed. When I was testing on the RPi, it didn't show any logos so I just saw this text outside the box)

and this is Confluence. I'd say it's less confusing just having start and end times on the timeline, not the other numbers and people can exercise their brains and calculate the remaining time manually if they need to Wink
Will probably fine tune this some more in 1.3.3+, but I like the info displayed (may change the colour slightly to help seperate the info). Channel text probably needs some more playing with, think I need to try a few ideas and see what looks best.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)