Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-08-18

wyrm,

just a short heads up: the german language strings in the skins settings menu are correct now. EPG is working again here, too. From what I can tell, the skin's A OK for a release at the moment.

Bench

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - joselbcn33 - 2013-08-19

hi Wyrm,

I have a small issue ( in fact, it does not happens always)

I have added my video addons as a custom favourite in home menu.

But when I select and play a movie of any of the channels available at the addon (pelisalacarta),it displays for a second the video section item just for a second and then back to the channel, then I press backspace to get back to the previous level, but agains it points me to videos section. but it must to point me to my video addons source (so I have to press again backspace to go back to home menu and select again my custom favourite item).

Sorry , I do not know if will understand what Iḿ trying to said, but anyway here you have a video of the issue.

http://youtu.be/LxyMxTL0smE

This issue only happens with your skin, have tried confluence mod and refocus big and it never happens.

thank you for all your support

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-19

(2013-08-19, 05:59)joselbcn33 Wrote: hi Wyrm,

I have a small issue ( in fact, it does not happens always)

I have added my video addons as a custom favourite in home menu.

But when I select and play a movie of any of the channels available at the addon (pelisalacarta),it displays for a second the video section item just for a second and then back to the channel, then I press backspace to get back to the previous level, but agains it points me to videos section. but it must to point me to my video addons source (so I have to press again backspace to go back to home menu and select again my custom favourite item).

Sorry , I do not know if will understand what Iḿ trying to said, but anyway here you have a video of the issue.

http://youtu.be/LxyMxTL0smE

This issue only happens with your skin, have tried confluence mod and refocus big and it never happens.

thank you for all your support
joselbcn33,

Yes I think I understand what you are getting at as I see it here on video addons very occasionally. I think I know what is causing the issue and it relates a little to the issue that doveman2 posted above regarding the empty seasons screen. I think it is basically one visible condition changing over to another and the content trying to displayed on the wrong screen (I think, needs further investigation).

Will try to resolve before I push to the main repo, just be warned that the activity on the Passion repo will be a bit high for the next few days while I get the last few things squared away for the release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-19

(2013-08-18, 17:28)wyrm Wrote: Yes, I do know of this issue, I bet you are using a mouse. You can get the menu back into sync with the categories by going into the settings menu and coming back to the home screen. I have included code to reset the focus back to the correct positions, but it really only seems to work correctly for the settings menu. This code probably needs a major rethink.

I was using a mouse on the PC but not on the RPi when I saw this issue previously. As I say, it doesn't currently happen on my RPi, even though I have enough categories showing to require scrolling once to see Settings, so it seems to not just be caused by scrolling but only under certain circumstances (perhaps having to scroll more than once before looping to the left).

Quote:Can't exactly remember the issues you meant, but I think I have fixed the fast forward graphic image issue with 1.3.3.950 (should be on Passion tomorrow morning).

Issues were just the Ffwd graphic and the display of channel info on (or above) the OSD. I can confirm the first is fixed with v950 thanks.

Quote:Delays and poster fades are there in part to help the RaspPi cope with the system load, but will take a quick look to see if I can fine tune this delay.

You don't have this delay on Wall mode though and it seems to cope. The poster fades from large to small, so wouldn't it be easier on the RPi to just have it display as small (with the plot, etc text visible below) all the time?

Quote:Think will leave this for 1.3.3+, but will revisit this view to cleanup things a bit. Just a note, XBMC does not allow me to restrict the number of genre types displayed, so potentially you can have several genre types included in the genre string, so I have no real idea what is a good size of that string.

Yeah, wasn't suggesting you do anything with this now, I know you want to get it released.

That sucks that you can't restrict the number of genre types displayed. I'll post a feature request for that as that makes life very difficult for skinners (you could let the field scroll but then we know that the RPi has issues with scrolling so that's undesirable). Perhaps in the meantime, just allow enough room for the longest genre, which is probably Documentary and if the first genre is smaller, like Action, then a bit of the second genre will be visible but that's OK and you can show more on the Show Information screen.

Quote:Has already been mentioned as a 1.3.3+ feature to be worked on. Involves string changes which are a major PITA and so can definitely wait.

No worries. I've found that the bug is only triggered when selecting a title that scrolls, so you might find it easier to disable scrolling on Recently Added in the meantime, if that's possible. To reduce the CPU usage back to normal, I have to scroll through the items until the previously scrolling title (which actually stops scrolling as soon as it is un-selected) goes off-screen, so it's not simply a matter of selecting a different title or unhighlighting Recently Added and is a bit awkward (see Popcornmix's finding's here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156320&pid=1487559#pid1487559 )

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-08-19

Quote:Think will leave this for 1.3.3+, but will revisit this view to cleanup things a bit. Just a note, XBMC does not allow me to restrict the number of genre types displayed, so potentially you can have several genre types included in the genre string, so I have no real idea what is a good size of that string.

Yeah, wasn't suggesting you do anything with this now, I know you want to get it released.

That sucks that you can't restrict the number of genre types displayed. I'll post a feature request for that as that makes life very difficult for skinners (you could let the field scroll but then we know that the RPi has issues with scrolling so that's undesirable). Perhaps in the meantime, just allow enough room for the longest genre, which is probably Documentary and if the first genre is smaller, like Action, then a bit of the second genre will be visible but that's OK and you can show more on the Show Information screen.

==But I understand that you can restrict the number of genres for a skin, right? Doesn't Quartz do that? Just no restriction on the number that can be listed. Might be an indirect approach.

On another note, I don't know that I agree with someone's earlier suggestion for more information in the wrap view. I use that view because I want to see fanart. One can always drill down for more info.

(2013-08-19, 14:49)Tom4Surfing Wrote: On another note, I don't know that I agree with someone's earlier suggestion for more information in the wrap view. I use that view because I want to see fanart. One can always drill down for more info.

If that's how the majority of users prefer it, of course I wouldn't expect it to be changed just for my sake. I do need a view where I can quickly see information without having to drill down for each movie though. List view will suffice if the delay can be removed (or at least greatly reduced) but Wrap view (or an additional variant of) with info would be much nicer (like Confluence's Fanart view).

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-19

(2013-08-19, 16:37)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 14:49)Tom4Surfing Wrote: On another note, I don't know that I agree with someone's earlier suggestion for more information in the wrap view. I use that view because I want to see fanart. One can always drill down for more info.

If that's how the majority of users prefer it, of course I wouldn't expect it to be changed just for my sake. I do need a view where I can quickly see information without having to drill down for each movie though. List view will suffice if the delay can be removed (or at least greatly reduced) but Wrap view (or an additional variant of) with info would be much nicer (like Confluence's Fanart view).
doveman2 et el,

Big update that fixes some of what you guys have mentioned has just been pushed to my Googlecode page, so Passion repo tomorrow morning.

@doveman2, not sure what you mean by the delay, do you mean the animation that shrinks the list view icon and then shows the additional details? If so, I guess I can do something about that, if that is what you mean, reply back here and I will see what I can do.

As to the home screen getting out of sync, basically the cause is the skin losing focus from that screen and not returning to the correct focus positions. I have some code that forces the focus position to the settings menu when you return back from the settings screen, but you can also use the mouse to regain the correct focus position by mousing over the menu title and then straight down over the sub menu. So if you add or take away menu items you can sometime lose the correct focus if my resync code does not trigger for whatever reason. As I said, will have to rethink how to sort out the problem as the current solution only seems to work 'most' of the time.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-08-19, 17:57)wyrm Wrote: Big update that fixes some of what you guys have mentioned has just been pushed to my Googlecode page, so Passion repo tomorrow morning.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Quote:@doveman2, not sure what you mean by the delay, do you mean the animation that shrinks the list view icon and then shows the additional details? If so, I guess I can do something about that, if that is what you mean, reply back here and I will see what I can do.

When I'm using Movies list view each time I move up/down to the next movie, on the left it first shows the Cover/Poster as large, then after a delay this shrinks and the runtime, plot, etc appear below it. I hope that makes it clear what I'm referring to.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-21

Wyrm,

Nice job with the update thanks, I can scroll through the list nice and quickly now Smile

The issue with the empty folders not displaying correctly seems fixed as well.

I've got stuck with that menus out-of-sync bug now (on the RPi) and the only thing I can do is disable Weather so that the menus don't have to scroll but I can live with that for now as it's not that important. It might be related to the latest rbej OpenElec build I updated to I guess but I'm going to downgrade back to the 23/07 build as the new one restarts XBMC whenever I try and change the view mode, except for in Movies strangely. Nothing to do with your skin though, I tested with Confluence and Confluence Modified and they do the same.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-22

Wyrm,

Sorry to add to your workload but it seems the skin needs updating to be compatible with the latest builds as the Update Library option has been moved to the pullout blade and is not currently accessible in xTV-SAF (or any other skin I've tested with except for Confluence).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169674&pid=1490293#pid1490293

The menus are staying in sync now though, so I'm not sure if you've fixed that (I got your latest update today) or if it's just a conincidence as they work sometimes anyway.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-22, 22:47)doveman2 Wrote: Wyrm,

Sorry to add to your workload but it seems the skin needs updating to be compatible with the latest builds as the Update Library option has been moved to the pullout blade and is not currently accessible in xTV-SAF (or any other skin I've tested with except for Confluence).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169674&pid=1490293#pid1490293

The menus are staying in sync now though, so I'm not sure if you've fixed that (I got your latest update today) or if it's just a conincidence as they work sometimes anyway.
doveman2,

When Gotham makes beta stage I'm sure I and most other skinners will update their skins for it. Confluence will always be at an advantage as far as supporting the very latest changes to XBMC as it ships with the latest build, so knows that it will work with whatever is in the current build. There is NO way I can tell what version of XBMC I am running on, so there is NO way I can tell if I should use the old layout or the new for various things.

As to the menu sync, yes that should be working fine now (problem with my boolean algebra, my uni lecturer would weep). You should also notice that logos work a bit better in the list view and that fanart is picking up a number of images better than it was before.

Last thing before I push the submit button on the skin is to replace a default image for playlists as the current image was just a place holder (and I have decided that I really hate the current image). Other than that, no other changes until I start the next development round after release of 1.3.3

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-23, 07:22)wyrm Wrote: When Gotham makes beta stage I'm sure I and most other skinners will update their skins for it. Confluence will always be at an advantage as far as supporting the very latest changes to XBMC as it ships with the latest build, so knows that it will work with whatever is in the current build. There is NO way I can tell what version of XBMC I am running on, so there is NO way I can tell if I should use the old layout or the new for various things.

As to the menu sync, yes that should be working fine now (problem with my boolean algebra, my uni lecturer would weep). You should also notice that logos work a bit better in the list view and that fanart is picking up a number of images better than it was before.

Yeah, no worries. I've found I can still access the Update Content option via Videos - Files if I've got the paths added there so I can use that in the meantime. Doesn't work for Music but that takes so long on the RPi that I don't plan to use it anyway.

Couldn't tell you if the artwork is working better at the moment as I don't seem to have any at the moment for some reason, nothing to do with your skin though. I grabbed all the artwork for Movies and TV Shows with Ember but it's not showing on the RPi or the PC. Do you know any way to get XBMC to refresh the artwork? I've tried rescanning the content but that hasn't done anything.

Wyrm,

I had to delete and rescan my databases, which I did on the PC and then copied over with the Thumbnails folder to the RPi. This is fine except I now don't have any Banners for my TV Shows (well 2 out of 28 series).

I see I can bring up the Context Menu on a series, select TV Show Information, Get Extras, Artwork Downloader, then Banner and it will grab it for that series but is there anyway to automatically do this for all series? I haven't had to do this before, so I guess something's changed somewhere.

EDIT: Ah, I see if I enable "Addons on Home" I can run Artwork Downloader from there and it grabs it automatically. This has made the menus go out-of-sync again though I'm afraid, so it looks like that bug's not completely squashed (this is on the PC).

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-23, 16:23)doveman2 Wrote: Wyrm,

I had to delete and rescan my databases, which I did on the PC and then copied over with the Thumbnails folder to the RPi. This is fine except I now don't have any Banners for my TV Shows (well 2 out of 28 series).

I see I can bring up the Context Menu on a series, select TV Show Information, Get Extras, Artwork Downloader, then Banner and it will grab it for that series but is there anyway to automatically do this for all series? I haven't had to do this before, so I guess something's changed somewhere.

EDIT: Ah, I see if I enable "Addons on Home" I can run Artwork Downloader from there and it grabs it automatically. This has made the menus go out-of-sync again though I'm afraid, so it looks like that bug's not completely squashed (this is on the PC).
doveman2,

or you could do it from the skin settings general menu. Option is listed as " Download media artwork". As to the sync issue, bugger! And here I was about to send the e-mail off to submit the skin. Will take a quick look to see if I can do something about this.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Wyrm,

Thanks, that's probably an easier way of doing it without having to have Addons on Home.

Does xTV-SAF support TV logos and clearart? If not, I guess I should disable these in the Downloader to save time (it took ages doing Movies on my PC, even though I'd already grabbed the artwork with Ember. TV Shows went fairly quickly after Movies finished though). Even running it again it says it's downloading ExtraFanArt and Extrathumbs again and if I disable these two it goes very quickly but even with them enabled, at the end it says 0 Downloaded, so I'm not sure exactly what takes it so long or why it says it's downloading art.