Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-24

(2013-08-23, 20:06)doveman2 Wrote: Wyrm,

Thanks, that's probably an easier way of doing it without having to have Addons on Home.

Does xTV-SAF support TV logos and clearart? If not, I guess I should disable these in the Downloader to save time (it took ages doing Movies on my PC, even though I'd already grabbed the artwork with Ember. TV Shows went fairly quickly after Movies finished though). Even running it again it says it's downloading ExtraFanArt and Extrathumbs again and if I disable these two it goes very quickly but even with them enabled, at the end it says 0 Downloaded, so I'm not sure exactly what takes it so long or why it says it's downloading art.
doveman2,

go look in your library after you have "Download media artwork". As to "it took ages doing Movies on my PC", it's got a lot to do, but you should only need to do the entire library once. Then if you need to you can run the Artwork downloader for individual videos from the get extras menu on the video info screen.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-08-26

Wyrm,

This is probably a dumb question. In Confluence, the root menu for the Music Library is just below 'Music' in the home menu. I can directly navigate to Playlists or Party Mode. I have accidentally brought these same menu options up in xTV-SAF but I can't figure out what it was that got me there. I think this is called the root menu. When I open music it opens in Artist view. If I open the sidebar menu and try to change how it sorts it just stays in artist view. I think the root menu lets me view by genre. The context menu also does not offer a path to the root menu. What am I missing?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 13:52)Tom4Surfing Wrote: Wyrm,

This is probably a dumb question. In Confluence, the root menu for the Music Library is just below 'Music' in the home menu. I can directly navigate to Playlists or Party Mode. I have accidentally brought these same menu options up in xTV-SAF but I can't figure out what it was that got me there. I think this is called the root menu. When I open music it opens in Artist view. If I open the sidebar menu and try to change how it sorts it just stays in artist view. I think the root menu lets me view by genre. The context menu also does not offer a path to the root menu. What am I missing?

There's a setting in the Skin Settings - (Settings - Appearance - Media Sources) where you can set the Music Library entry point, which I have set to Root, which shows Genres, Artists, Playlists, etc and Party Mode is on the pop-up/blade menu which appears when I press Left or Right. If I drill down to artists, then it will open there next time and not in Root but at the top of the list you should see two .. which take you back up to the previous level (I can also press my remote's Back key to do this, which I think is mapped to PreviousMenu). Even in Artists (or Genres, Albums) view, I still see Party Mode in the Blade/pop-up menu but I've never used it and don't actually know what it does!

(2013-08-26, 14:05)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 13:52)Tom4Surfing Wrote: Wyrm,

There's a setting in the Skin Settings - (Settings - Appearance - Media Sources) where you can set the Music Library entry point, which I have set to Root, which shows Genres, Artists, Playlists, etc and Party Mode is on the pop-up/blade menu which appears when I press Left or Right. If I drill down to artists, then it will open there next time and not in Root but at the top of the list you should see two .. which take you back up to the previous level (I can also press my remote's Back key to do this, which I think is mapped to PreviousMenu). Even in Artists (or Genres, Albums) view, I still see Party Mode in the Blade/pop-up menu but I've never used it and don't actually know what it does!

That is working for you? That was the first thing I tried and yet I still end up going into Artists. I wonder if there is a cache that needs cleared somewhere? Even if I figure out what is going on there, there should still be a way to navigate from the Artist view to the root view regardless of my default view.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 15:18)Tom4Surfing Wrote: That is working for you? That was the first thing I tried and yet I still end up going into Artists. I wonder if there is a cache that needs cleared somewhere? Even if I figure out what is going on there, there should still be a way to navigate from the Artist view to the root view regardless of my default view.

It works sometimes, perhaps straight after booting and maybe also after going somewhere else, i.e. Movies and then back to Music but other times it goes back to where it was last left. This seems to happen with the other Media Sources (Movies, TV Shows) as well. It's hard to say what's ideal because a lot of the time, particularly if you've accidentally backed out to Home, you'd want it to go straight back to where you last were.

As I said, if I click on the two .. at the top of the list or press back/previousmenu (on the PC it's backspace on the keyboard) it goes up a level, so from Artists or Albums to root.

(2013-08-26, 16:54)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 15:18)Tom4Surfing Wrote: That is working for you? That was the first thing I tried and yet I still end up going into Artists. I wonder if there is a cache that needs cleared somewhere? Even if I figure out what is going on there, there should still be a way to navigate from the Artist view to the root view regardless of my default view.

It works sometimes, perhaps straight after booting and maybe also after going somewhere else, i.e. Movies and then back to Music but other times it goes back to where it was last left. This seems to happen with the other Media Sources (Movies, TV Shows) as well. It's hard to say what's ideal because a lot of the time, particularly if you've accidentally backed out to Home, you'd want it to go straight back to where you last were.

As I said, if I click on the two .. at the top of the list or press back/previousmenu (on the PC it's backspace on the keyboard) it goes up a level, so from Artists or Albums to root.

Well, I'll have to try clicking on the two ... The backspace wasn't working, which is what I have used in other skins. Thanks doveman2.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-30

Hi Guy's,

Ok it's that time again, new version of skin (1.3.3) is now available on the main XBMC repo. Updated change log is shown in the first post of this thread.

Work on next version will start after a short break to re-charge my batteries. As always post your bugs reports, feature requests and general chit chat to this thread.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-30

wyrm,

Congratulations on getting 1.3.3 released at last, despite my best attempts to interfere with your plans Wink

For the next version, one thing I'd quite like to see is a "File" shortcut underneath Music (and Pictures) so that when plugging in USB sticks (or even temporary HDD) there's an easy way to play the files on that stick. At the moment, this only seems possible for video by going to Videos - Files.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-30, 12:01)doveman2 Wrote: wyrm,

Congratulations on getting 1.3.3 released at last, despite my best attempts to interfere with your plans Wink

For the next version, one thing I'd quite like to see is a "File" shortcut underneath Music (and Pictures) so that when plugging in USB sticks (or even temporary HDD) there's an easy way to play the files on that stick. At the moment, this only seems possible for video by going to Videos - Files.
doveman2,

In music go to the "View-as" menu (either left in list view or up in wrap or coverflow views) and select "Library mode". Done. To get back to the music library, repeat process. Has been part of this skin and most others for ever.

And before you ask, No you can't do the same with the video library. File mode is just another node of the Library tree in video (but not in Music yet). Why is this handled like this, "Don't know, why don't you ask a dev. Be sure to pack your asbestos underwear before you do".

I'm positive that most users are using at best 10% of XBMC's capabilities, maybe they should go play with some of the settings and menu items and see what they doWink .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-30, 15:31)wyrm Wrote: doveman2,

In music go to the "View-as" menu (either left in list view or up in wrap or coverflow views) and select "Library mode". Done. To get back to the music library, repeat process. Has been part of this skin and most others for ever.

And before you ask, No you can't do the same with the video library. File mode is just another node of the Library tree in video (but not in Music yet). Why is this handled like this, "Don't know, why don't you ask a dev. Be sure to pack your asbestos underwear before you do".

I'm positive that most users are using at best 10% of XBMC's capabilities, maybe they should go play with some of the settings and menu items and see what they doWink .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Actually I was already aware I could get to the files view this way but think it's a bit clunky having to go that route and noticed that Confluence has an option under the Music menu to go directly to files view. Tongue

I don't see it as a problem that I can't switch from library to files view with videos, as we already have the direct route to files view under Videos. I reckon if someone wants to go into the Library, they'll select Movies and if they want to play files that are on a USB stick, or some other location not in the library, they'll go Videos - Files and if they want to switch, they can just go to Home and select the other option and I think it would be good to have the same easy route for Music and Pictures.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-08-31

Congrats on the new version. Looking forward to giving it a test run.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-09-07

Hi guy's,

Just a very quick note on progress with the latest version of the skin.

It was coming along nicely until my computer got fried by a lightning strike on a neighbours house. Fingers crossed that it was only (only he say's) a blown mother board and that the skin is still ok on the hard drive. Will report back when I can manage to get hold of another computer.

Wyrm (sent from my wife's iPad mini)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 16:30)wyrm Wrote: It was coming along nicely until my computer got fried by a lightning strike on a neighbours house. Fingers crossed that it was only (only he say's) a blown mother board and that the skin is still ok on the hard drive. Will report back when I can manage to get hold of another computer.

Wyrm (sent from my wife's iPad mini)

Ouch. Wish you the best in getting back on track.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-09-08

Sorry to hear that wyrm, hope you haven't lost any data and get back up and running soon.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-03

(2013-09-08, 19:16)doveman2 Wrote: Sorry to hear that wyrm, hope you haven't lost any data and get back up and running soon.

Well one out of two is still a pass I guess. Finally got a new system (much toing and froing with insurance company). Did not seem to lose any data (although I have to pull my old data back into the new system), but the mother board was completely toasted. Might be a few days before I can push a new update to my googlecode page, but the wait should probably be worth it.

Will give a heads up when I make the push.
Wyrm