Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-03, 17:07)wyrm Wrote: Well one out of two is still a pass I guess. Finally got a new system (much toing and froing with insurance company). Did not seem to lose any data (although I have to pull my old data back into the new system), but the mother board was completely toasted. Might be a few days before I can push a new update to my googlecode page, but the wait should probably be worth it.

Will give a heads up when I make the push.
Wyrm

Glad to hear you're up and running again. It's never fun dealing with insurance companies.

Looking forward to your next update, waiting just makes us appreciate it more Smile

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-07

Ok guys,

just pushed a new update to my googlecode page finally, you should see an update on Passion repo tomorrow morning. Hi-lights include yet another stab at fixing the Horizontal Home menu sync issue (please give details if fix has not worked). Have also included on the custom favourites skin setting menu a way to select what is used as the shelf icon(s) for the Movies, Tv Shows and Music shelf enteries. Also have changed slightly how OSD subtitles script is handled in the skin settings menu. And as requested skin now handles Lyrics from the music OSD. Than and numerous minor bug fixes and code tweeks.

Due to the month lost to the lightning strike on my computer, this development series will probably be a fairly short one from this point. If you have any issues or find any bugs you best get back here fairly quickly. Also note, as my new system is at least twice as quick as the last one (woot!!!!), if you notice any performance regression sing out. There is a fair chance I might not even notice there is a problem.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-10-11

Ha! I love having the lyrics available in xTV-SAF. Did you know that when the lyrics script runs the fanart slideshow add-on is disabled? I didn't know if that was intentional.

You might like to read what I said about the stable skin in my skin review.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 16:12)Tom4Surfing Wrote: Ha! I love having the lyrics available in xTV-SAF. Did you know that when the lyrics script runs the fanart slideshow add-on is disabled? I didn't know if that was intentional.

You might like to read what I said about the stable skin in my skin review.
Thank you Tom4Surfing,

It's never required, but its always nice to see someone say something nice about your work.

From your blog, will take another look at the lyric support (and fanart on that screen, can't remember why I did not include this, but I'm sure there was a good reason).

Not exactly sure what you meant by this "Unlike Quartz, one cannot add shortcuts above the home menu items, but one can add favorites as choices in the submenus below main menu items." do you mean you can't add icons on the shelf above the home menu item, or you can't access these icons to go directly to the hi lighted icons? Latest update allows a number of different icon types (on movie shelf, can be "recently added movies" , "Recommended Movies" , "All of previous" or just a plain default icon). All of these icons can be accessed to play by moving "UP" from the home menu items until you go past the top of the submenu (except the plain icon, this was added as an option for the RaspPi crowd to reduce system load on that platform).

If this is not what you mean, write back and let me know what exactly you are after, as I am currently doing work on the shelf part of the home screen, and maybe I can fit what you are after into the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ok, just found out what was the problem with lyrics and fanart. Will be fixed with the next push to googlecode

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Tom4Surfing - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-11, 18:01)wyrm Wrote: Not exactly sure what you meant by this "Unlike Quartz, one cannot add shortcuts above the home menu items, but one can add favorites as choices in the submenus below main menu items." do you mean you can't add icons on the shelf above the home menu item, or you can't access these icons to go directly to the hi lighted icons?

In Quartz, there is the option to have shortcuts to add-ons above the main menu item. I was referring to that. Sorry. My writing could have been more clear about that.

One other nit that I don't think I've picked is that the RSS ticker isn't working for me although it appears in other skins. I use the RSS feed from followshows.com. It scrolls across the bottom telling me which of my shows is going to air today and then works its way backward in time.

(2013-10-11, 18:01)wyrm Wrote: Ok, just found out what was the problem with lyrics and fanart. Will be fixed with the next push to googlecode

Cool. That will be nice.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-15

(2013-08-17, 02:45)stuCONNERS Wrote: how about next aired support, similar to immersive?
stuCONNERS,

working on this at the moment, need to know a couple of things from you.

1. If I supply a xTV-SAF specific skin file for the TVShow - Next aired script, you can make the script a favourite and then assign it to a Home sub menu as you would any other custom menu item.

2. On the horizontal home menu shelf for TV Shows there will be a option to include the next 10 TV shows to air. This will look pretty well the same as the current "Recently added" icons that are currently supplied (and the "Recommended TV Shows" icons as supplied in the very latest svn build of the skin)

Is this OK, or does Immersive offer something other than this that I am not aware of?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-17

OK, not sure where everyone has got to, but just a quick heads up that there will be another update to the development branch of the skin 2am Paris time tomorrow (Passion Repo).

Fairly minor changes, including moving of "Update Library" and "Now Playing" entries to the "View-as" menu in preparation for Gotham build of XBMC (these entries will be removed from Context menu for Gotham builds of XBMC). Don't worry, Frodo build will still include these options in the Context menu, but will also work in the "View-as" menu as well. Weather provider icons replace provider names if available and 3D support in the Video OSD screen.

I would like to have a freeze on strings within the skin fairly shortly so that I can remove a number of hardcoded strings from the skin and have them translated via Transfix. So if you are looking for any features that will require a new string within the skin, now is the time to let me know, or you will have to wait for the next development round for your feature requests to be considered.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-10-17

I think I must have broken something when moving between Frodo and Gotham (currently on Gotham) as I haven't had any update notifications about xTV-SAF recently.

Could you remind me what I need to do to get it working again please?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - spookybathtub - 2013-10-17

I just installed this (1.3.3), and the thumbnails for all my 16x9 TV shows on the home screen are showing as 4x3. Is there some way to fix this?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-17, 18:49)doveman2 Wrote: I think I must have broken something when moving between Frodo and Gotham (currently on Gotham) as I haven't had any update notifications about xTV-SAF recently.

Could you remind me what I need to do to get it working again please?
doveman2,

check first post of this thread for details of installing Passion repo. The only thing to be aware of is that there was a recent change where the guiversion has changed to 5.0.0 from 4.0.0 (entry in addon.xml file) as a result my skin and most others are no longer compatible with XBMC Gotham. If you grab the zip file directly from Passion repo website and edit the addon.xml file within with the above change you should be able to continue to use the skin.

I was not planning to make the jump to Gotham until it makes Beta, but I have been adding in Gotham features and work arrounds to keep the skin compatible with Frodo. So other than the issue with guiversion above the skin should still work with both versions of XBMC.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-10-17, 21:25)spookybathtub Wrote: I just installed this (1.3.3), and the thumbnails for all my 16x9 TV shows on the home screen are showing as 4x3. Is there some way to fix this?
spookybathtub,

I will take a look at this for 1.3.4, but as to 1.3.3 solution is not easy as keeping the correct aspect ratio for the icons messes up the hi-lite image behind the tv show icons. Would it be better to use TV Show posters instead of the thumb images, or should I stick with the thumbs and come up with a solution to the hi-lite problem?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-18, 03:23)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-10-17, 21:25)spookybathtub Wrote: I just installed this (1.3.3), and the thumbnails for all my 16x9 TV shows on the home screen are showing as 4x3. Is there some way to fix this?
spookybathtub,

I will take a look at this for 1.3.4, but as to 1.3.3 solution is not easy as keeping the correct aspect ratio for the icons messes up the hi-lite image behind the tv show icons. Would it be better to use TV Show posters instead of the thumb images, or should I stick with the thumbs and come up with a solution to the hi-lite problem?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

hmm.
i also having the same trouble
im prefer stick to thumb & come up with hi lite solution
btw anyway to align pics with different aspect ratio?
i tried <alligny> bottom, nothing change

(2013-10-18, 05:16)lipo Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 03:23)wyrm Wrote:
spookybathtub,

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

hmm.
Hey sport how ya been,

Have already found a solution and have fixed this on my local build. I think you might mean <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>, but if you want to align to the bottom of the assigned space I think you might have more luck with <aligny>, one "ell" not two ;-)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

still getting computer back to how it was, will try to chat with you soon.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-18, 08:57)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 05:16)lipo Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 03:23)wyrm Wrote: spookybathtub,

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

hmm.
Hey sport how ya been,

Have already found a solution and have fixed this on my local build. I think you might mean <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>, but if you want to align to the bottom of the assigned space I think you might have more luck with <aligny>, one "ell" not two ;-)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

still getting computer back to how it was, will try to chat with you soon.
hmm.. i might take a look that code,i prefer to keep the ascpect ratio

yes i tried <aligny>bottom but still no change , i check xbmc wiki it said it support only up & center

btw i look at recently added code
you use include condition auto scroll, why not use <scroll> ?is it better for limited resorce machine?

thanks mate

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-18, 03:04)wyrm Wrote: doveman2,

check first post of this thread for details of installing Passion repo. The only thing to be aware of is that there was a recent change where the guiversion has changed to 5.0.0 from 4.0.0 (entry in addon.xml file) as a result my skin and most others are no longer compatible with XBMC Gotham. If you grab the zip file directly from Passion repo website and edit the addon.xml file within with the above change you should be able to continue to use the skin.

I was not planning to make the jump to Gotham until it makes Beta, but I have been adding in Gotham features and work arrounds to keep the skin compatible with Frodo. So other than the issue with guiversion above the skin should still work with both versions of XBMC.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks, I got the repo installed using repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo-3.0.1.zip. However, straight after I got a popup that xTV-SAF is broken and did I want to disable it. I said no as I've had a lot of these popups with Gotham (normally just after each time I update, it tells me all the PVR addons are broken and asks me to disable them one by one but I'm using tvheadend fine after ignoring that. I do seem to get repeated popups about Random Items script being broken though, not just after updating). I had to talk my brother through updating his Gotham over the phone yesterday and he told me he had these popups and I assumed they were just the same ones about the PVR addons, which he's not using, so told him to say Yes to them, after which he ended up with no xTV-SAF and only Confluence, so that must have been one of the addons it said was broken. It took much head-scratching as to why xTV-SAF had disappeared before I worked out that it had just been disabled and got him to go to Addons and re-enable it!

Anyway, after installing the repo on my system, I went into it to update xTV-SAF but it says "Dependencies not met". So I downloaded skin.xtv-saf.svn-1.3.4.981.zip directly, edited the addon.xml as you explained and tried to install from that zip, but I still get the same error, so any ideas what I need to do to fix that?