Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-18, 14:05)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks, I got the repo installed using repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo-3.0.1.zip. However, straight after I got a popup that xTV-SAF is broken and did I want to disable it. I said no as I've had a lot of these popups with Gotham (normally just after each time I update, it tells me all the PVR addons are broken and asks me to disable them one by one but I'm using tvheadend fine after ignoring that. I do seem to get repeated popups about Random Items script being broken though, not just after updating). I had to talk my brother through updating his Gotham over the phone yesterday and he told me he had these popups and I assumed they were just the same ones about the PVR addons, which he's not using, so told him to say Yes to them, after which he ended up with no xTV-SAF and only Confluence, so that must have been one of the addons it said was broken. It took much head-scratching as to why xTV-SAF had disappeared before I worked out that it had just been disabled and got him to go to Addons and re-enable it!

Anyway, after installing the repo on my system, I went into it to update xTV-SAF but it says "Dependencies not met". So I downloaded skin.xtv-saf.svn-1.3.4.981.zip directly, edited the addon.xml as you explained and tried to install from that zip, but I still get the same error, so any ideas what I need to do to fix that?
Doveman2,

could be any of the following

PHP Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="4.0.0"/>
<
import addon="script.xbmc.debug.log" version="11.0.6"/>
<
import addon="script.favourites" version="4.0.8"/>
<
import addon="script.artwork.downloader" version="12.0.11"/>
<
import addon="script.globalsearch" version="1.1.0"/>
<
import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.2"/> 

That is check that you have each one of the following scripts and the version numbers are at least that shown. You will also need to change "xbmc.gui" version="4.0.0" to read ="5.0.0"

other than than I can't really help (it maybe that any one of the listed scripts is not compatible with Gotham)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - keiron99 - 2013-10-19

I've been enjoying this skin the last few days, setting it up on my new streamer before launching it on the family.

But one thing I still cannot figure is how to add "shortcuts" (or favourites, or smart playlists") to the Home menu without burying them in a sub menu.

I see I can add them under pre determined headings (Movies, TV Shows, Music or Addons), but that isn't always that logical.

For example, I have an add on for live TV streaming. There's no logical place for it to go.

Is it not possible to have a home screen that simply lists all my favourites?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-18, 17:10)wyrm Wrote: Doveman2,

could be any of the following

PHP Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="4.0.0"/>
<
import addon="script.xbmc.debug.log" version="11.0.6"/>
<
import addon="script.favourites" version="4.0.8"/>
<
import addon="script.artwork.downloader" version="12.0.11"/>
<
import addon="script.globalsearch" version="1.1.0"/>
<
import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.2"/> 

That is check that you have each one of the following scripts and the version numbers are at least that shown. You will also need to change "xbmc.gui" version="4.0.0" to read ="5.0.0"

other than than I can't really help (it maybe that any one of the listed scripts is not compatible with Gotham)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Yeah, I edited the xbmc.gui version to 5.0.0.

Checking those addons you list, I have:

script.xbmc.debug.log v12.0.1
script.favourites v4.0.9
script.artwork.downloader v12.0.20
script.globalsearch v1.1.1
service.skin.widgets v0.0.27

However, I notice that service.skin.widgets specifies that it requires:

xbmc.addon v12.0.0
xbmc.json v6.0.0
xbmc.python v2.1.0 (the others all require this as well)
script.module.simplejson v2.0.10

I have script.module.simplejson v3.3.0 but I don't appear to have the others, unless they are somewhere other than .xbmc\addons. I would have thought XBMC should automatically download any required dependencies though.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-19

OK, have just pushed a update to my googlecode page, so should be available tomorrow morning from Passion repo. Should resolve a number of issue from last few posts.

@doveman2 Your issue is due to skin.widgets script not being available in Gotham repo. Have changed my skin to no longer require this script, but it will make use of it if it is present.

@keiron99, Have made a minor tweak to the skin to show "TV" instead of "TV shows" as headings on Main Horizontal home screen AND in skin settings screens when in Horizontal home menu mode of skin. I would place your streaming TV script under the TV heading of the Home menu if you use the Horizontal home menu (No sorry, its really difficult to keep adding new menu headings in this mode). Or you can switch the skin to Vertical home menu mode in which case your favourite is just another menu item (there are NO sub menus in this mode)

@spookybathtub, One of the changes just pushed to my dev repo fixes the aspect ratio of the TV shelf icons. So you can either pull the skin from Passion repo tomorrow (see first post for details on how to access skin via Passion repo), or wait until 1.3.4 makes the main XBMC repo.

@lipo, the conditional include that you see thruout the skin is to turn scrolling back on in various text fields if required (is turned off by default in the Defaults.xml file). Yes this is for performance reasons as scrolling text really hammers the system in Frodo (and Gotham) XBMC due to dirty region code not being able to do its thing. Pretty sure XBox does not support dirty regions, but I'm sure it still is a performance hit on that platform to scroll text.

Hope this helps everyone. I have a few more things I want to look at and then I need to hunt thru the skin for untranslated strings and submit the changes to Transfix. So at this stage it will still be a little while before I make a push to the main XBMC repo.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Martijn - 2013-10-19

There is no Gotham repo so there can be no problem. If there's a problem than its at his side.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-19, 18:27)wyrm Wrote: @lipo, the conditional include that you see thruout the skin is to turn scrolling back on in various text fields if required (is turned off by default in the Defaults.xml file). Yes this is for performance reasons as scrolling text really hammers the system in Frodo (and Gotham) XBMC due to dirty region code not being able to do its thing. Pretty sure XBox does not support dirty regions, but I'm sure it still is a performance hit on that platform to scroll text.

Hope this helps everyone. I have a few more things I want to look at and then I need to hunt thru the skin for untranslated strings and submit the changes to Transfix. So at this stage it will still be a little while before I make a push to the main XBMC repo.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

this could help
i actually getting more & more low memory warning
but <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(autoscroll)">scrolltext</include> apperantly not working after i enable auto scroll

can you pinpoint the exact code that disabled it by default ?

thanks wyrm

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - keiron99 - 2013-10-20

wyrm, you are brilliant. I cannot believe it has taken me so long to find this skin.

Putting the menu in the vertical arrangement solves my issues perfectly (and better complements the menus on other pages).

This skin is ideal for my low powered streamer, and the ONLY skin I have found that can be read clearly on smaller screens.

Brilliant work. Many thanks.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-20

(2013-10-19, 18:29)Martijn Wrote: There is no Gotham repo so there can be no problem. If there's a problem than its at his side.
Martijn,

You work with the information you have. Have to say I did not realise that the Github commit for the repo had been backed out of. Just because it is too difficult to manage coding two slightly different versions of the skin I will wait for Gotham to hit beta before I make the jump on my dev system. So I'm just guessing on what is causing the issue.

But thanks for the heads up on this.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-20

(2013-10-19, 22:16)lipo Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 18:27)wyrm Wrote: @lipo, the conditional include that you see thruout the skin is to turn scrolling back on in various text fields if required (is turned off by default in the Defaults.xml file). Yes this is for performance reasons as scrolling text really hammers the system in Frodo (and Gotham) XBMC due to dirty region code not being able to do its thing. Pretty sure XBox does not support dirty regions, but I'm sure it still is a performance hit on that platform to scroll text.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

this could help
but <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(autoscroll)">scrolltext</include> apperantly not working after i enable auto scroll

thanks wyrm
Lipo,

Look in the Defaults.xml file, code that disables scrolling text is
PHP Code:
<scroll>false</scroll

Any tags you see in this file are used for the included controls, Unless you include another version of the tag in the control you are coding in another part of the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-10-20

(2013-10-19, 18:27)wyrm Wrote: @doveman2 Your issue is due to skin.widgets script not being available in Gotham repo. Have changed my skin to no longer require this script, but it will make use of it if it is present.

Thanks but I tried build 987 and got the same error. I tried force refreshing the Passion repo as well but that didn't help either.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-20, 16:32)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 22:16)lipo Wrote:

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

this could help

thanks wyrm
Lipo,

Look in the Defaults.xml file, code that disables scrolling text is
PHP Code:
<scroll>false</scroll

Any tags you see in this file are used for the included controls, Unless you include another version of the tag in the control you are coding in another part of the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
ok got it, hopefully it will smooth things out

thanks mate

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-20, 21:17)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 18:27)wyrm Wrote: @doveman2 Your issue is due to skin.widgets script not being available in Gotham repo. Have changed my skin to no longer require this script, but it will make use of it if it is present.

Thanks but I tried build 987 and got the same error. I tried force refreshing the Passion repo as well but that didn't help either.
doveman2,

Really don't know what the issue could be. Have you tried to download the zip file from passion and install it from the "Install from zip" option in the addons menu? Other than that all I can suggest is that you post a link to a FULL debug log of a session where you try to install the skin and maybe that can give a hint on what is going on.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-10-21, 00:23)lipo Wrote: ok got it, hopefully it will smooth things out

thanks mate
Lipo,

Feel free to drop me a line via e-mail with any questions. If we snag the timing right you could chat with questions to sort out any issues you might have.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - keiron99 - 2013-10-21

When I pause watching a movie, I get a thumbnail to the lower left of the screen. However, I don't get any thumbnail watching media in TV shows library.

Is it something I'm doing wrong? I've been through all the settings but cannot see what might be preventing this.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-10-22

(2013-10-21, 03:21)wyrm Wrote: doveman2,

Really don't know what the issue could be. Have you tried to download the zip file from passion and install it from the "Install from zip" option in the addons menu? Other than that all I can suggest is that you post a link to a FULL debug log of a session where you try to install the skin and maybe that can give a hint on what is going on.

Yeah I've been downloading the zips so that I could edit the gui version and then trying to install them.

Anyway, from the logs it appears the problem might be xbmc.json. It's addon.xml (in usr/share/xbmc/addons/xbmc.json) says it's v6.6.0, which is higher than the required 6.0.0 but there's only the addon.xml in that folder, so maybe there should be something else that is missing for some reason. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=73520

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Martijn - 2013-10-22

then there is something with the build you have.