Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-12-16

Hi everyone,

just another quick update on the state of the skin. Have made yet another push to my googlecode page (which is now up on the Passion repo). The changes that are visible to the user are pretty minor, but there has been a fairly major rewrite of the horizontal home menu code. This now makes it a lot easier for me to instigate a number of changes that I hope will sort the menu sync issues that have been on going, but at this stage menu sync can still be an issue in a number of very limited circumstances. At the moment I am still waiting on a few string translations before I can make a push to the main repo, but as there are issue with the main repo currently, this is not really a problem.

A big thank you to the translators who have updated the following languages (Chinese, Dutch, Malay and Hungarian), when the remaining five language files that are at 90% are updated I will make a push to the main repo. In the mean time I will keep plugging away at minor bugs and give the skin a final polish.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-12-17

(2013-12-08, 17:53)wyrm Wrote: Ok bubbanc,

can't see anything that stands out in you log other than this issue. Ignoring that this maybe causing you some issues, lets see if we can pin down exactly where the problem maybe with my skin. So will need you to work your way thru this list and report back your answers so that I can pinpoint where in the code it is failing.

1 - Have you tried to see if the issue occurs in other skins (try Confluence, as if there is a problem here, it is most definitely a XBMC problem and I'm sorry but I won't be able to help with that)?

2 - Does the problem only happen in the "List" view, or does it happen with some or all of the other views (list the views that you see the problem with)?

3 - Does it only occur in the TVShows part of the library, or does it also occur in other parts of the video library, again list where?

4 - Does it only occur on certain TVShows, or does it occur anywhere and at anytime?

I will be taking a quick look thru the video library code to see if I can spot anything, but be aware that the code for the video library stuff is almost 100k, so if you can help narrow the search, I will have a much better chance of success.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ok, It finally happened again, even after my drastic cleanup and starting all over again locally (still connecting to my centralized MySQL for Videos DB, but essentially all the plugins I don't ever user anyway). I noticed/realized that it was "messed up" when my daughter tried to pause a show to find out how much time was left and the OSD did not show up. So we finished the show (at 17:39:29 T:152625152). It was working fine this morning (all shows this morning), yet all the shows this afternoon were off in List view and were missing the OSD.

1) I tried changing to confluence, but it locked up and I had to kill the AppleTV process. I was stuck in the Appearance->Settings page (you can tell from my debug log I tried to get out of that menu). It doesn't appear to happen with xTV-SAF version 524.

2) It does appear to only happen in List view. In the log, the 1st thing I did after enabling debug (19:44:34 T:152625152) was try changing views. The next thing I did was change skins to Confluence which was when it locked up.

The version of xTV-SAF(SVN) that I was running was 1.3.4.1021.

Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=98322

These seem to be the "errors" I see between when things were working and when they were not:

Code:
09:48:48 T:122814464   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
09:48:48 T:122814464   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://repo.gosub.dk/bstrdsmkr/repository/addons.xml.md5>
16:44:29 T:152625152 WARNING: CreateFile, successfuly opened </var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.xtv-saf.svn/extras/images/studios/pbs.png> instead of </var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.xtv-saf.svn/extras/images/studios/PBS.png>
16:44:30 T:152625152   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/images/video/mp4v.png
16:44:46 T:152625152   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

I have since removed
Code:
XBMC/addons/repository.bstrdsmkr
and restarted in case that was causing it. Any ideas on the Texture errors?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-12-17

(2013-12-17, 03:00)bubbanc Wrote: Ok, It finally happened again, even after my drastic cleanup and starting all over again locally (still connecting to my centralized MySQL for Videos DB, but essentially all the plugins I don't ever user anyway). I noticed/realized that it was "messed up" when my daughter tried to pause a show to find out how much time was left and the OSD did not show up. So we finished the show (at 17:39:29 T:152625152). It was working fine this morning (all shows this morning), yet all the shows this afternoon were off in List view and were missing the OSD.

1) I tried changing to confluence, but it locked up and I had to kill the AppleTV process. I was stuck in the Appearance->Settings page (you can tell from my debug log I tried to get out of that menu). It doesn't appear to happen with xTV-SAF version 524.

2) It does appear to only happen in List view. In the log, the 1st thing I did after enabling debug (19:44:34 T:152625152) was try changing views. The next thing I did was change skins to Confluence which was when it locked up.

The version of xTV-SAF(SVN) that I was running was 1.3.4.1021.

Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=98322

There seems to be an awful lot of errors relating to three TV shows (Clifford the dog for one). All seem to have very long names with lots of periods in the names (think this may be part of your problem). I was finding it hard to parse the program name, let alone your poor AppleTV. Also you do realise that MySQL support is considered experimental and that there is plans to replace support for it with something better.

Quote:These seem to be the "errors" I see between when things were working and when they were not:

Code:
09:48:48 T:122814464   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
09:48:48 T:122814464   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://repo.gosub.dk/bstrdsmkr/repository/addons.xml.md5>
16:44:29 T:152625152 WARNING: CreateFile, successfuly opened </var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.xtv-saf.svn/extras/images/studios/pbs.png> instead of </var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.xtv-saf.svn/extras/images/studios/PBS.png>
16:44:30 T:152625152   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/images/video/mp4v.png
16:44:46 T:152625152   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

I have since removed
Code:
XBMC/addons/repository.bstrdsmkr
and restarted in case that was causing it. Any ideas on the Texture errors?
Don't worry about any of that, I would not consider any of that an error (warning is appropriate, but not an error). That is just the skin being asked for either a studio image or video type image that I have not included and thus it can't find the image, no big deal. Of more importance is the can't find icon message further back in the log file and I think that is because the file names are too long and probably should not have all of the .'s in the file name.

Now the clue about the previous working version of the skin and that it is happening in the List view (in the TV show part of the library) is a very big clue that should make pinning down the skin problem a lot easier. I will give this section of the code a very good going over and see what I can find, but I would recommend that you rename the offending files in your library as I think this maybe the source of the crash when you changed to the confluence skin. You might also want to take a look at the 12.3 change log and see if there is anything there that might help you with XBMC instability.

In the mean time I will go over the skin in the appropriate section and see what I can find.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-12-17

bubbanc,

Have gone over the code for the List view icons with a fine toothed comb and other than a very small piece of redundant code (which I have removed in version 1.3.4.1024), there is no difference (other than the fallback image used in each section) between TVShows and Movies. If you are not seeing the issue with the Movies section, but are seeing the problem with a number of files in the TVShows section, all I can suggest is that there is an issue with the icons for the problem shows.

What I would suggest is that you try 1.3.4.1024 when it makes the Passion repo tomorrow morning as the redundant code I removed can only help you. Next you will need to bring up the Video Info screen for each Library item that seems to have a problem and select "More options...".
Next select either "Default Artwork Downloader" or "Artwork Downloader" from the popup list that displays and then select "Poster" to select a new poster for that menu item. Make sure you select Poster and not Banner, as this view only uses Posters. In theory the code in my List view should fallback to an XBMC supplied icon if there is no poster (and a DefaultTVShow icon if there is no icon), but it looks like this is not happening for some reason. So try helping it out and see if that helps the situation.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that it is a MySQL issue (you did make changes to you MySQL setup to take account of the changes to the DB layout between Eden and Frodo?), sorry can't offer any help here as that is beyond my pay grade ;-).

Best of luck, please report back how you get on so others can learn from you experiences
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bubbanc - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-17, 17:39)wyrm Wrote: bubbanc,

Have gone over the code for the List view icons with a fine toothed comb and other than a very small piece of redundant code (which I have removed in version 1.3.4.1024), there is no difference (other than the fallback image used in each section) between TVShows and Movies. If you are not seeing the issue with the Movies section, but are seeing the problem with a number of files in the TVShows section, all I can suggest is that there is an issue with the icons for the problem shows.

What I would suggest is that you try 1.3.4.1024 when it makes the Passion repo tomorrow morning as the redundant code I removed can only help you. Next you will need to bring up the Video Info screen for each Library item that seems to have a problem and select "More options...".
Next select either "Default Artwork Downloader" or "Artwork Downloader" from the popup list that displays and then select "Poster" to select a new poster for that menu item. Make sure you select Poster and not Banner, as this view only uses Posters. In theory the code in my List view should fallback to an XBMC supplied icon if there is no poster (and a DefaultTVShow icon if there is no icon), but it looks like this is not happening for some reason. So try helping it out and see if that helps the situation.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that it is a MySQL issue (you did make changes to you MySQL setup to take account of the changes to the DB layout between Eden and Frodo?), sorry can't offer any help here as that is beyond my pay grade ;-).

Best of luck, please report back how you get on so others can learn from you experiences
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks for your help with this, Wyrm!

I am running the latest version as you mention. I'm still able to duplicate the issues. Today when it happened I was here (which is becoming more rare), so I was able to do a few more debug steps. Last night I deleted a few shows which we no longer watch which I was wondering might have contributed in the past to this bizarre state that it seems to get in overnight, however, since it still messed up overnight, I'm guessing that show wasn't the culprit.

1) I was able to duplicate the issue in the Movies library as well as TV Shows
2) I was able to duplicate the issue in Coverflow mode, not just List mode in both TV Shows and Movies

I was attempting to upload the debug log from the Skin before I swapped skins around, but when I clicked "Upload" it locked up. The lockups appear to be consistent when this issue in that there's not much I can do once I get into this state.

That being said, I ssh'ed in and killed AppleTV which restarted my XBMC session.

I've uploaded my debug logs again. I'm not sure how much help they will be, but you'll see me going into TV Shows, Movies and attempting to upload the Debug log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=101415

Thanks again for your help. Sorry I didn't check the Movies library until this go round. It wasn't on my initial list of things to check.

Happy Holidays!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - micnda - 2013-12-25

Hi this is my first post to the form. I've been using xTV-SAF for while now and really like it. I just had a few questions.

1) With the menu set to horizontal, if I set MOVIES to not show (under Home Menu) and add a custom favorites to movies(i.e. Kids Movies). MOVIES shows up above Kids Movies. If I then switch to Vertical menu the MOVIES disappears. Is there anyway to ensure Movies don't show up in the horizontal list? I just want my custom favorites only.

2) I've also recently installed version 1.3.4.1024(for trial only) and notice that Tilt List view and Tilt Wall are missing. Is this on purpose? Are you planning on removing the Tilt option form the skin?

3) If I use the vertical menu were are the default icon's stored? I'd like to use your default icons for my custom favorites.

sorry for all the questions. any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-12-25

(2013-12-25, 03:11)micnda Wrote: Hi this is my first post to the form. I've been using xTV-SAF for while now and really like it. I just had a few questions.

1) With the menu set to horizontal, if I set MOVIES to not show (under Home Menu) and add a custom favorites to movies(i.e. Kids Movies). MOVIES shows up above Kids Movies. If I then switch to Vertical menu the MOVIES disappears. Is there anyway to ensure Movies don't show up in the horizontal list? I just want my custom favorites only.
Sorry this was a bug I introduced with 1024, now fixed with 1026 which is now up on Passion repo.

Quote:2) I've also recently installed version 1.3.4.1024(for trial only) and notice that Tilt List view and Tilt Wall are missing. Is this on purpose? Are you planning on removing the Tilt option form the skin?
Yes, removed on purpose. I had managed to mess things up from a much earlier update and no one mentioned it, so I assumed that no one was using the option, so removed it. If there is any support for the idea I will bring it back in the next version but setting will be in the "view-as" menu as this seems a more logical spot for the setting. Won't happen with this release as I am still waiting on string translations, so I don't want to add any more and have the 1.3.4 release delayed any further.

Quote:3) If I use the vertical menu were are the default icon's stored? I'd like to use your default icons for my custom favorites.
The texture files in the skin are compressed in a .xpr file and as such are difficult to access if you don't know their exact files names and you would need to hand edit skin code or other .xml files. A easier way would be to just download the required files from my google code page here and to copy them somewhere on your system that you can then link to from the settings menu of the skin.

I'm off on a camping holiday with the family in a day or two for a couple of weeks and probably will not be near a internet link during that time. Hopefully when I get back the translations that I am waiting on will be ready and then I can push the skin to the main repo.

Happy holiday's, stay safe and I will be back in the new year.
Wyrm

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - micnda - 2013-12-28

thanks wyrm I'll give 1026 a try. Please put me down as a plus one for the tilt wall and list.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2014-01-12

Hi everyone,

Back from holidays and have a new test release just loaded to my googlecode page. Will be available from Passion repo tomorrow morning. Main hi-lite of this release is that I have rewritten the horizontal home menu code, so issue with losing focus and menu headings getting out of sync with sub menus should finally be fixed.

At this stage I'm still waiting on the Russian, German, Polish and Galician translations to be updated, if I don't see these translations soon, I will just go with what we have and fix things with the next main repo release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - mista335 - 2014-01-17

Any idea how to remove the line under the movie list? Pretty redundant info and now you view less movie titles per screen.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-17, 06:51)mista335 Wrote: Any idea how to remove the line under the movie list? Pretty redundant info and now you view less movie titles per screen.
mista335,

While I'm sure that was in English, I have no idea what you are trying to tell me. Need some sort of details of where this line is (what screen, which view type and what info is redundant). Which platform and version of XBMC and my skin build version would not go astray as well. Sorry if this seems a pain, but my crystal ball was taken out by the same lightning strike that fried my PC a few months back ;-)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - mista335 - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-17, 07:20)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 06:51)mista335 Wrote: Any idea how to remove the line under the movie list? Pretty redundant info and now you view less movie titles per screen.
mista335,

While I'm sure that was in English, I have no idea what you are trying to tell me. Need some sort of details of where this line is (what screen, which view type and what info is redundant). Which platform and version of XBMC and my skin build version would not go astray as well. Sorry if this seems a pain, but my crystal ball was taken out by the same lightning strike that fried my PC a few months back ;-)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

When you go to movies in list view there is now second line showing the runtime of the movie. This means you now only show 7 titles per screen.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-17, 07:34)mista335 Wrote: When you go to movies in list view there is now second line showing the runtime of the movie. This means you now only show 7 titles per screen.
mista335,

OK, I now know what you are talking about. The list item button has been this way since version 1.3.0 (feature added mid Feb 2013 svn release 784), so has been there for nearly a year without anyone saying anything about this. Now in the Movies library the second line of info shows movie duration, but in other parts of the library it can show other information (go look at your video addons and you will see a description of what the addon is for). Basically either XBMC or the addons can assign a value to this line (this data is stored as the Listitem.Label2 INFO), it is not redundant and in some case it provides very important information that none of the other views show. This change was requested by a user who pointed out that a number of plugins were filling this information string in and that he had no way in this skin to see it.

If you need to see more than seven line items on screen at once the other available views can show upto 18 items at once (Wall view), either that you you can go back thru my googlecode svn and find the old form of the list view and hack it back into the skin.

Now, with the change to the listitem button image there would appear to be a bit of wiggle room to reduce the size of the button and maybe fit another line (to make it 8 lines visible). I will take a quick look and see if there is the room to manage this, otherwise I'm sorry, but this information is too useful to lose.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - capfuturo - 2014-01-18

Hello wyrm,

1) You posted on thread Skin Updates for TvTunes 4.0.X that the skin updates to support new TvTunes 4.0.x have been made on SVN. Did you push to XBMC 12.x repo? I am testing XBMC 12.3 with your skin and I can see xTV SAF still carries the old hooks for TvTunes. There is no TvTunes button to get theme for movies in solo mode and other new features. As it is, it provides the same old support for tv shows only.

2) Would it be possible for you to include the skin modifications to support new VideoExtras add-on?

Thanks!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 05:50)capfuturo Wrote: Hello wyrm,

1) You posted on thread Skin Updates for TvTunes 4.0.X that the skin updates to support new TvTunes 4.0.x have been made on SVN. Did you push to XBMC 12.x repo? I am testing XBMC 12.3 with your skin and I can see xTV SAF still carries the old hooks for TvTunes. There is no TvTunes button to get theme for movies in solo mode and other new features. As it is, it provides the same old support for tv shows only.
capfuturo, no not currently in main repo as I am still waiting on language files to be updated. Plan is to wait until the middle of the week and then make a pull request regardless of language files status (no doubt the first thing I will hear right after is why such and such a language is missing translated strings). Look at the first post of this thread for location of development builds (Passion repo) if you would like to see what the final release will look like.
Quote:2) Would it be possible for you to include the skin modifications to support new VideoExtras add-on?

Thanks!
At this very late stage, no not in the 1.3.4 release. Video Info screen could certainly do with some love, so will take a look at this after I get the 1.3.4 release into the main repo.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)