Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- Death-Axe - 2010-04-12

wyrm Wrote:Axe,

That's OK, I too am using the skin on a xbox with sdtv (but I now have a NEW 1080P panel that I would like to throw some 16x9 stuff at).

Will take a look at Aeon and see how its being looked after there. I would like to change how the watched overlay is handled anyway, but again not sure if it will make it into v0.95.

One question though, why don't you use library mode. I don't use it, as as things currently stand it's too difficult to keep media sources separated (adults from kids). I hope to have something in the new version to fix this, so I will probably be changing over to using library mode from that point on. But this sort of thing is useful to know, so that maybe I can do something to fix (improve) things.

Make sure you reply, so that we can improve the skin.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

hi, the reason I don't use library mode on the xbox is because I add new episodes of shows, movies etc often and the xbox takes ages to scan for new content when it starts up. The PC version on the other hand takes no time at all.

Hope this helps.

- wyrm - 2010-04-12

Death-Axe Wrote:hi, the reason I don't use library mode on the xbox is because I add new episodes of shows, movies etc often and the xbox takes ages to scan for new content when it starts up. The PC version on the other hand takes no time at all.

Hope this helps.

Axe,

Thank you for your reply. I generally scan for new content when I add something, so I don't scan at startup. Also I try to generate .nfo files by exporting the library back out as individual files, makes rescanning files back into the library very quick. There are also external programs that will generate the .nfo files (search the forum for .nfo files should find them for you). At any rate, not something that I can do anything about from the skin, but always helpful to know how others are using things.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Death-Axe - 2010-04-12

I do use ember media manager to scan all nfos, posters, thumbs etc. Thanks for the tip anyways :-) xbox is still rather slow in scanning, makes it un worth using lib mode on it heh.

- wyrm - 2010-04-13

Death-Axe Wrote:I do use ember media manager to scan all nfos, posters, thumbs etc. Thanks for the tip anyways :-) xbox is still rather slow in scanning, makes it un worth using lib mode on it heh.

Axe,

Yes unfortunately that is a major problem with the xbox (and the main reason the developers have left the platform, too slow). Will look at watched overlays in file mode, but XBMC does not support a lot of features in file mode. Down side of this is that sometimes the only way to get some of these features is to implement a hack that turns out to be too slow to be useful.
I will always try to implement features for all of the platforms, just not possible sometimes. Not real keen to have two versions of the skin, as I have little enough time to handle one. Will do my best.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-04-14

does this skin work with CU Lyrics?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62853
i can't find the enable lyrics button?

- wyrm - 2010-04-14

Smiff Wrote:does this skin work with CU Lyrics?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62853
i can't find the enable lyrics button?

Smiff,

Built in, NO. But I can't see any reason why you can't use the 'User script' button on the home page, or am I misunderstanding how this is suppose to work.

If you want this built in (like OpenSubtitles will be in v0.95), send me a screen grab of it from another skin, so I can see what's required.

On a side note, I have included two new buttons in the Music OSD. 'Repeat' and 'Shuffle' will be available in v0.95.

Also just putting the finishing touches on a NEW Video info screen, will post a screen grab as a preview soon.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

NEW VideoInfo screen - wyrm - 2010-04-16

Hi everyone, as promised here is a quick screenshot of the new VideoInfo screen. Unless I hear otherwise this will be pretty much what will be in v0.95. Comments welcomed.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- muppetnuts - 2010-04-24

wyrm Wrote:Hi everyone, as promised here is a quick screenshot of the new VideoInfo screen. Unless I hear otherwise this will be pretty much what will be in v0.95. Comments welcomed.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Absolutely loving what you have done with XTV man, its exactly how i wanted XTV to be and more.!!! looking forward to your update

- Smiff - 2010-04-25

any ideas why when i change the theme in windows to anything other than the default or white, the icons (not the ones on the main menu, but the ones for smb shares and most others) are horribly blocky? also, should the theme downloader work on v9.11 - i thought it used to, but now it's greyed out on my htpc. weird.

- wyrm - 2010-04-25

Smiff Wrote:any ideas why when i change the theme in windows to anything other than the default or white, the icons (not the ones on the main menu, but the ones for smb shares and most others) are horribly blocky? also, should the theme downloader work on v9.11 - i thought it used to, but now it's greyed out on my htpc. weird.

Smiff,

Blocky icons :- no idea, could you please post a screen shot.

Theme downloader:- Disabled for everything other than xbox since v0.90 (did not work for anything other than xbox anyway). Will reappear in a later version of the skin, but the script that downloads the themes needs some work before that can happen.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- pierocol - 2010-04-26

Hi Wyrm,
Again congratulations for your great work! Best skin ever, for me.
a quick question: where can I find the "favorites" menu item? I think it is very useful for people who, like me added some nice web sources, only to be able to see few shows or live internet broadcasts. As it is now I have to click around for quite a while before I reach my favorite item, starting from the "Movies" item. And, by the way, Movies does not really describe what one can get from there... Am I missing something? Thank you for your help

- wyrm - 2010-04-27

pierocol Wrote:Hi Wyrm,
Again congratulations for your great work! Best skin ever, for me.
a quick question: where can I find the "favorites" menu item? I think it is very useful for people who, like me added some nice web sources, only to be able to see few shows or live internet broadcasts. As it is now I have to click around for quite a while before I reach my favorite item, starting from the "Movies" item. And, by the way, Movies does not really describe what one can get from there... Am I missing something? Thank you for your help

pierocol,

Favourites is currently found at

Home -> System -> Power Menu.

it is the heart icon.

As to "Movies" not describing what you can get from the movies menu item. I have sort of inherited how things are done from the original skin designer (not that I see anything wrong with that, Chief did a top class job). Add to that the XBMC developers having their own ideas of how things need to be laided out. So short answer is that it has to be called something, and Movies describes pretty well the basic function. I would probably say that it's also a language/cultural thing on your part. 'Movies' means something a little different from the 'USA', 'Australia', 'England' and 'Italy' (?)

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-04-27

small ui suggestion:
the dvd root menu icon is small and hard to read (and easy to miss completely!). can it be made much bigger, say twice as wide and twice as high as the other icons?
maybe make it selected by default for dvds, if this is possible?

- wyrm - 2010-04-27

Smiff Wrote:small ui suggestion:
the dvd root menu icon is small and hard to read (and easy to miss completely!). can it be made much bigger, say twice as wide and twice as high as the other icons?
maybe make it selected by default for dvds, if this is possible?

Smiff,

Just took a look, I don't understand what the problem is. You are talking about the icon shown for 'Play Disc' on the home menu? Can't really make it any bigger other than to change the view type of the home menu. Maybe in a later version I might be able to change how the icons are displayed (from current 'List2' type view to 'List' type view). But I think I prefer the current home menu view, so it would take some convincing.

Post a screen grab to show what you are seeing, because I am not convinced its a problem.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- Smiff - 2010-04-27

no sorry.. i mean the icon on your fullscreen OSD that takes you to the root menu of the DVD. can't read it at all on my (not very good) 16:9 CRT TV. getting to the root menu is pretty important for DVDs.. maybe i'll see if i can map a button directly to this also.