Kodi Community Forum
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)

- snyft - 2010-07-08

So i have just added my XBMC list which i have scanned using imdb scraper. How do i use XBNE to get covers/fanart to all my movies without doing it manually? Is it possible?

- Vincent81 - 2010-07-08

Yes :
Clic on "Multiple Research" -> Go to Research Page.
1 : Clic on "Add From DataBase"
2 : Select All or WithOut Thumb & Without Fanart and valid.
3 : Select fields that you want to download.
4 : Select "Get Infos in Nfo & DataBase"
5 : Run Search and Download...
6 : Go to the Pub and a la tienne

- aiwazz - 2010-07-17

Hello. First of, Vincent, thank you so much for this work, i find it to be the best editor for my workflow, you've done a great job! I do have one bug though that showed up recently, for my system, that is killing my ability to use it. For all scrapers, I will search and it finds the movie and loads the list with variants. Then I go to "download selected title" and i get a popup saying movie not found! So it finds them, but then fails on download... I am win 7 32 bit. any idea why this could happen? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, dif location too. Huh

edit: little more info after more tests: imdb and it always says "movie not found" even though it finds it on search. MovieDB it find it and downloads, but fails on thumb and fanart, loading links but there is no download and the files show as 0x0 pixel.

- Vincent81 - 2010-07-18

Hello,
For ImDb, are you selected the movie in list ?
For TheMovieDb, it's a modification on API TheMovieDb, URL of image is redirection, i will correct on next version...

- Vincent81 - 2010-07-18

New version : 9.3.4.0
Fix problem for images on TheMovieDB.

- cheat2win - 2010-07-20

Hey Vincent. I've been using your program for a while, but the other day I had to go back to an older version, because the new ones to not have the option to make a "set", nor to edit the "sort title".

Please, could you re-add those options? Rolleyes

Oh, and BTW, there's a bug when we try do find the movie file, and the file have an space, or a dot, or a dash, or any "separation" of any kind (.;-;_; ). Instead of saving the file as it should be, it seems the program do not recognize, or assume those are the end of the file or something.

Ex: I have a file named: "Movie - CD1.avi". I go to XBNE, chose the movie, then file management, find file, chose the file, and instead of the file path saved be "Movie\Movie - CD1.avi", it stays instead "Movie\Movie - - cd1.avi".
If the file is named "Movie-CD1.avi", it stays "Movie-.avi", and so on.
I've found a workaround (remove any space, dot, or anything like that, find the file, and then rename the file through the program to what it should be or what we want), but it would be nice if it worked properly. Rofl

And thanks for this great software. Big Grin
I'll be looking forward for your next update. Laugh

- Vincent81 - 2010-07-20

cheat2win Wrote:Hey Vincent. I've been using your program for a while, but the other day I had to go back to an older version, because the new ones to not have the option to make a "set", nor to edit the "sort title".

Please, could you re-add those options? Rolleyes
Hello,
Editing sets is always present, is not you in a simplified mode in the options?

For the movies into several parts (cd1, cd2, ..) it's true that management is not so, I'll try to watch ...

- cheat2win - 2010-07-22

Yes you were right. It was in simplified mode. Blush

I was used to it being visible form the start, that I assumed it was removed when I didn't saw right away.

Well, thank you again and keep up the great work you're doing. Laugh

- anconakip - 2010-07-23

is it possible to implement the Moviemeter.nl instead of imdb?

- Vincent81 - 2010-07-23

Yes, go in Options, Scrapers, Other Scraper and select Moviemeter.nl and valid...

XBNE Creating Blank Entries - srengr - 2010-07-24

Hi Vincent,

First of all, kudos on a great utility and thanks for your effort. I am using v9.3.4.0. I think I found a couple of bugs.

First, whenever I add a movie from the 'Add... > Add a Video' menu dialog, the program also adds a blank entry in the database.

Second, I have the database XBMC set to automatically load on start-up. I noticed that the 'Sort Title' field in the 'Infos > Set' tab does not populate upon reload. You lose the sort title information for collections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

srengr

- Vincent81 - 2010-07-24

OK, I would watch all this, but only next week, because I'm on holiday, so busy ...Nod

- albaranov - 2010-07-31

Hi,
I just tried XBNE yesterday, and am very impressed. Now the use of this application is my preferred method of updating NFO files.
I have a question. I have two instances of XBMC running on two computers, one of them, Acer Windows 7 (64), is connected to my TV directly in the living room. Normally I make all updates, testing and cleaning on my main computer (Windows 7(32) which is in a different room. So I have made a lot changes on my main PC, especially with movie sets and was very satisfied with the results.
How to make make sure that my Acer PC picks up all changes made on the main PC? Should I copy some files from one PC to other? It does not make sense to repeat all work on the second PC. Most likely there is a solution, I just could not find it. Thanks, Alex

- Vincent81 - 2010-08-02

Hello
Just update XBMC on the other PC.
Otherwise, if you have access to another database from the main PC, you can, in XBNE, synchronize two databases simultaneously: Option, Maintenance, Synchronization ...

- albaranov - 2010-08-02

Vincent81 Wrote:Hello
Just update XBMC on the other PC.
Otherwise, if you have access to another database from the main PC, you can, in XBNE, synchronize two databases simultaneously: Option, Maintenance, Synchronization ...

Hi Vincent81,
Thank you very much for replying! I'm just taking this opportunity of talking with the developer to ask more questions.

1. When you say "Just update XBMC on the other PC" you mean repeat all steps that I have made on the main PC?

2. Could you please elaborate (or give a link where it is described) on the second option? It sounds very interesting. My living room PC (Win7 Home) and the main PC (Win7 Prof.) are sharing the same network.

3. If I have certain details missing for a particular movie (actors, fanart, etc.), is there any option to download these details from within XBNE?

4. Can I setup a specific scraper for a specific folder? For example IMDB for English speaking and Kinopoisk for Russian speaking movies.

5. In XBMC I'm using English and Russian (sorry no French). In XBNE I set alphabet to UTF8. When I update the set information for a Russian movie I enter sorttitle, title and set in Cyrillic. When I save it and check again, I see that sorttitle and title are understood correctly by XBNE, but "set" is in broken Cyrillic. Later on I have to run XBMC to correct it (edit title). Is it a bug?
Thanks in advance, Alex