XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for XBMC (/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)
XBNE Creating Blank Entries - srengr - 2010-07-24 16:51
First of all, kudos on a great utility and thanks for your effort. I am using v22.214.171.124. I think I found a couple of bugs.
First, whenever I add a movie from the 'Add... > Add a Video' menu dialog, the program also adds a blank entry in the database.
Second, I have the database XBMC set to automatically load on start-up. I noticed that the 'Sort Title' field in the 'Infos > Set' tab does not populate upon reload. You lose the sort title information for collections.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Vincent81 - 2010-07-24 23:45
OK, I would watch all this, but only next week, because I'm on holiday, so busy ...
- albaranov - 2010-07-31 16:40
I just tried XBNE yesterday, and am very impressed. Now the use of this application is my preferred method of updating NFO files.
I have a question. I have two instances of XBMC running on two computers, one of them, Acer Windows 7 (64), is connected to my TV directly in the living room. Normally I make all updates, testing and cleaning on my main computer (Windows 7(32) which is in a different room. So I have made a lot changes on my main PC, especially with movie sets and was very satisfied with the results.
How to make make sure that my Acer PC picks up all changes made on the main PC? Should I copy some files from one PC to other? It does not make sense to repeat all work on the second PC. Most likely there is a solution, I just could not find it. Thanks, Alex
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-02 15:49
Just update XBMC on the other PC.
Otherwise, if you have access to another database from the main PC, you can, in XBNE, synchronize two databases simultaneously: Option, Maintenance, Synchronization ...
- albaranov - 2010-08-02 16:29
Thank you very much for replying! I'm just taking this opportunity of talking with the developer to ask more questions.
1. When you say "Just update XBMC on the other PC" you mean repeat all steps that I have made on the main PC?
2. Could you please elaborate (or give a link where it is described) on the second option? It sounds very interesting. My living room PC (Win7 Home) and the main PC (Win7 Prof.) are sharing the same network.
3. If I have certain details missing for a particular movie (actors, fanart, etc.), is there any option to download these details from within XBNE?
4. Can I setup a specific scraper for a specific folder? For example IMDB for English speaking and Kinopoisk for Russian speaking movies.
5. In XBMC I'm using English and Russian (sorry no French). In XBNE I set alphabet to UTF8. When I update the set information for a Russian movie I enter sorttitle, title and set in Cyrillic. When I save it and check again, I see that sorttitle and title are understood correctly by XBNE, but "set" is in broken Cyrillic. Later on I have to run XBMC to correct it (edit title). Is it a bug?
Thanks in advance, Alex
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-02 22:34
1: No, just Update library in XBMC.
2 : Option, Maintenance, Configuration and Network Synchronization =
Try it, but I have not tested completely...
3 : In edition, scraper, ...
4 : No, you must configure to switch between the scraper ImDB and Kinopoisk.
5 : I would look at this bug for the next version...
- albaranov - 2010-08-03 04:40
Thanks for replying. This evening I started testing XBNE following your advice. In the beginning everything went well - I could update thumbs, fanart and other details from within XBNE. Then the application got stuck. When I start the application, it is downloading/updating database, but after that it reports a language problem and then the only option is to close it. I made a report and also printed screen of the problem message. Can you please look into this problem? I'm going to send both files to your e-mail. Thanks, Alex
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-03 19:28
Hi, i will watch it tomorow and post new version in the morning...
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-04 14:37
I see for the "bug", you should not have the rights to the directory c:\program file\xbne\dll, check ...
- albaranov - 2010-08-05 03:35
Thank you for the message. Frankly speaking, I do not quite understand your phrase: "you should not have the rights to the directory c:\program file\xbne\dll, check ..."
First of all, I do not know anything about the rights to the above directory. What should I check? What else should I do?