XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for XBMC (/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)
- albaranov - 2010-08-12 16:43
Hi Vincent, when at home I will check the work flow and conduct a couple of tests with scenarios. Then I will submit it to your attention, if you don't mind, so you would detect what exactly goes wrong.
Thanks for your time, Alex
Any thoughts about synchronization issues (my earlier post)?
- Flomaster - 2010-08-12 17:08
I wish we had a program like that for the Linux users, this looks amazing
- albaranov - 2010-08-13 05:55
albaranov Wrote:Hi Vincent, when at home I will check the work flow and conduct a couple of tests with scenarios. Then I will submit it to your attention, if you don't mind, so you would detect what exactly goes wrong.
1. I used the movie Cold Steel (1987) for testing. The first scenario - .nfo file is missing in the folder where the movie is. I made an update of the library through XBMC, the movie was recognized, movie information was available except for the year (the field was empty). Then I started XBNE, the same story - no year in the list of movies. Tried to update information by using edit/scraper/find title on scrapers/download selected title. The result is "Movie not found".
2. The same movie, export video library, separate files, overwrite no. The result was an .nfo file where <year>0</year>. XBNE started, the same as above and "Movie not found" in the end.
Another question, most likely related to the above. As far as I can understand, XBNE creates .nfo files and stores them to C:/program files/xbne/nfo. XBMC creates .nfo files and stores them to a completely different location on a different computer (server-storage). It looks like they do not synchronize. Please advise. Alex
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-13 09:30
For "Cold Stell" on IMDb, the film is not present :
It is present on Ciné-Passion :
What scraper you use?
For Nfo, XBNE saves in path ...\xbne\Nfo if he can not save in path of movie, if it does not have access to that path for example. Can you edit nfo in movie path manualy ?
XBNE don't work on linux, sorry.
- albaranov - 2010-08-13 16:24
I'm using IMDB.
You are saying that XBNE saves .NFO files in the path ...\xbne\Nfo if XBNE does not have access to the existing folder containing .NFO files. It does not make sense, in my opinion. My movie folder contains video files, jpgs, nfos - everything in one folder. This folder is specified in XBNE setup and all movies are well detected. How come XBNE "does not have access" to the .nfo files in this folder? It looks like XBNE puts all nfo, jpgs, fanarts in its own folder. I checked the program settings/configuration, and could not see how I can force XBNE into saving/updating nfo and other files into the folder where all files are located and which XBMC is using. What am I doing wrong?
Your question about manual edit of nfo files. Yes I can edit them manually with Notepad or Notepad+. I can enter manually the year of the movie and then XBMC can see it. Thanks, Alex
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-13 16:29
Communication problem I believe.
If you manually edit the year and you save, nfo is it good ?
Or is the scrap of the year that does not work ?
To find where xbne save nfo, delete nfo of movie and nfo in path xbne\nfo (or rename) and save movie in xbne, then look where nfo it is saved.
- albaranov - 2010-08-13 18:12
Vincent81 Wrote:Communication problem I believe.
1. If you manually edit the year and you save, nfo is it good ?
I normally edit nfos that are located in my movie folder. And XBMC can read changes that I have made in the nfo files. When I started using XBNE I thought that I would be editing my nfos in the movie folder.
I'm really surprised to see that XBNE creates a new set of nfos and jpgs in its dedicated folder.
As for year, somehow the scraper does not pick it up in XBMC, do not know why. Also XBNE does not pick it up. However, it would be difficult to say whether it is the case with all movies or some of them, after so many changes.
2. To find where xbne save nfo, delete nfo of movie and nfo in path xbne\nfo (or rename) and save movie in xbne, then look where nfo it is saved.
I know where the nfo files are saved by XBNE: ...\xbne\nfo. I'm surprised why the program creates a new set of files instead of updating and correcting the files that are already in my movie folder. Like I said, it does not make sense to me.
What would be your advice? How to make XBNE update nfo files that are in the movie folder? Thanks for your patience, Alex
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-13 20:12
Normaly, XBNE save the Nfo in movie directory with name : <movie name>.nfo and this, for XBMC and BOXEE, for WMC, the name is mymovies.xml or movie.nfo if exist. Have you configured XBNE for XBMC ?
it changes the path of nfo if it can't access to path of movie or if it accesses the database of XBMC by HTTP server.
The best is that you pass in debug mode in option, you save a movie and you send me the "debug.log" file in the XBNE path.
- picarddontoro - 2010-08-13 20:23
Vincent81 Wrote:@picarddontoro :
Thank you very much!
I didn't see it because I used XBNE in "Simplified version".
Congratulations for your cool software.
I ask you two question about the scapers:
1) I'm Italian and I often need to find information and pictures for Italian films on different sites; there is a way in edit section to use a different scraper for each film and if necessary for each type of information (plot, poster, trailer, etc.)? That would be fantastic!
2) The scrapers in the list in Option > Scrapers > Other Scrarpers are those used by XBMC or they are embedded in your application?
- Vincent81 - 2010-08-14 00:21
OK, I would look for a different scraper by movie in multiple research.
To have a scraper by field, it seems difficult, but you can already do it for thumbnails, fanart and actors in scraper tab.
Scrapers are those of XBMC and are in the directory C:\Program Files\xbne\ScraperXML\scraper\video , you can add another scraper and update this in scaper windows in xbne.