Kodi Community Forum
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-25

Hi,
Download V12.2

- RockDawg - 2011-10-26

I just tried 12.2 and it still won't scrape the ratings and votes. The Top 250 is also gone. Has that been purposely removed? Is anyone able to get the ratings to scrape/update? If so, could you tell me how you are doing it?

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-26

what address you have set for "IMDB" in the options ?

- RockDawg - 2011-10-26

imdb.com and I have tried us.imdb.com. Neither has worked. Also, on the last version I tired, it would scrape all the other movie info from IMDb, but now with this version, it says it can't even find the movie now. My settings all look right, but I must be doing something wrong. Here are some screen shots to show you my settings and the errors:

Untitled2 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

Untitled1 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

Untitled by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-26

The site imdb.com has changed, I made ​​a new version this week. Tries with imdb.fr, it has not changed. As against the scraper, I use it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scraperxml/ and I can not change it.

- RockDawg - 2011-10-26

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are saying (language barrier). I gather you're saying you didn't write the scraper you use and therefore can't change it. What are you saying about the new version you made this week? Is that why none of the movies scrape any data (I even tried with IMDB.fr and it will get the rating, but when trying to scrape the movie info, it also says it can't find the movie.). Is the new version also why the Top 250 ranking is gone? Is that a bug or on purpose?

Thanks for you help.

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-26

Only the site ImDB.com has changed this weekend. for the ratings scraper, it's me who wrote the scraper, so I'll fix it and we can change the site in options. But for the movie scraper you can't change it and I can not do anything at the moment and it uses imdb.com.

- RockDawg - 2011-10-26

I didn't realize they were different scrapers. So once the ratings scraper is update, will it be possible to scrape all my movies at one time and have all the info updated including the ratings or will the ratings always have to be scraped separately? I've just started using XBNE so I'm not yet sure of how everything works.

Again, thanks for your help and response and thanks for the app!

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-27

Hello,
Download version 12.3. (deletes the file "format.ini" in the XBNE directory)
You can scrap all the movies in both whith "Multiple Researches", but uses TheMovieDB as scraper, using TheMovieDb you tell him to get the notes on IMDB (case "Download Ratings/Votes on IMDB" in the Edit window.)

- RockDawg - 2011-10-27

If I'm understanding you correctly, the only way to scrape the rating and votes off of IMDB is with the button on the edit screen, correct? That is the only way I'm seem to be able to do it. I have two problems with that: 1. it doesn't scrape the Top 250 ranking, and 2. I would have to do one movie at a time?

I was hoping to be able to re-scrape just the rating, votes and Top 250 for my entire movie library all at one time.

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-27

Yes, you can scrape all rating/vote for all movies at on time :
Go in "Edit Multiple Items", in tab "Update ImDB" Select your movies and clic on "Update Selected Files"...
I would look to add the Top250 in my scraper in next version...

- RockDawg - 2011-10-27

Thanks. I appreciate it. Sorry to be high maintenance.

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-27

Dowload V12.4 here : xbne.exe
And copy it in path of xbne, i add top250...

- Rushnosh - 2011-10-28

Hello Vincent

I am very new to XBNE, and was just wondering if there is an English Tutorial on how to utilise this program??
I have tried to locate one (and I think many other people have) but could not locate one.

Regards

- Vincent81 - 2011-10-28

No, sorry, for the moment, there is an old doc in French. I'm trying to do it again and it will be translated, but not before a few weeks ...