Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- coendeurloo - 2010-04-28

I have an XBMCLive install and updated to the latest SVN, unpacked XWMM to usr/share/xbmc/web and it didn't work (error page in firefox). My normal webserver did work before unpacking but doesn't work anymore now (error page too), how can that be?

- slash - 2010-04-29

coendeurloo Wrote:I have an XBMCLive install and updated to the latest SVN, unpacked XWMM to usr/share/xbmc/web and it didn't work (error page in firefox). My normal webserver did work before unpacking but doesn't work anymore now (error page too), how can that be?

Hi coendeurloo,

I didnt' have the chance to test the latest SVN. I will try it this week-end.

Could you post the exact message you are getting from firefox ?

- slash - 2010-04-29

zilexa Wrote:I think all he means is to click a button that will generate a list of all movies, perhaps with the year to recognize movies with the same title. And maybe links to imdb or trailer. But not much more then a simple list/report as txt or rtf or html file.
I'll see if my issue happens again and get debuglogs. Maybe it only happens with firefox 363.

Hmm, never tried to generate a file on the desktop with JS, sounds fun to do Wink
I could look into generating one file with all the movies and another one for all the TV shows.

Would that be good enough ?

- kiboy6 - 2010-04-30

slash Wrote:Hmm, never tried to generate a file on the desktop with JS, sounds fun to do Wink
I could look into generating one file with all the movies and another one for all the TV shows.

Would that be good enough ?

yes- that would be more than good enough! The only extended info I would personally love to see included in such an export would an indication of the video quality (ie DVD /xvid/ HDx264).

Thanks!

slash Wrote:svn-174 have only watched / unwatched status display but you can't change it yet (I'm working on it).

that's great Smile - is there any plan to be able to view a list of only watched movies?

It's really only my "watched" movies, ie my keeper collection that I would love to export a list of as described above!

Thanks for all the great work - IMO this tool is utterly essential for pain free XBMC library management.

Can't update info.... - hogfan - 2010-04-30

I have been using the stable release of this tool and I love it. However, for some reason I am unable to make changes to movie info and write it back to the DB. I'm on Linux and I have set the permissions of /usr/share/xbmc/web to 777 recursively so that it is applied to all child objects of that root folder. Is there something special I need to do to allow XWMM to write the data back to the database? Whenever I try to update information I get the message saying the info was successfully updated, but if I browse to that movie again, the info has not changed. Any ideas? Thanks.

-hogfan

- slash - 2010-04-30

hogfan Wrote:I have been using the stable release of this tool and I love it. However, for some reason I am unable to make changes to movie info and write it back to the DB. I'm on Linux and I have set the permissions of /usr/share/xbmc/web to 777 recursively so that it is applied to all child objects of that root folder. Is there something special I need to do to allow XWMM to write the data back to the database? Whenever I try to update information I get the message saying the info was successfully updated, but if I browse to that movie again, the info has not changed. Any ideas? Thanks.

-hogfan

Could you send in pastbin your xbmc.log with debug enabled ?

- slash - 2010-04-30

kiboy6 Wrote:yes- that would be more than good enough! The only extended info I would personally love to see included in such an export would an indication of the video quality (ie DVD /xvid/ HDx264).

I'll look into it. With JavaScript you cannot write file to the Desktop (security restrictions).

kiboy6 Wrote:Thanks for all the great work - IMO this tool is utterly essential for pain free XBMC library management.

Many thanks for the encouragements Cool

Will do... - hogfan - 2010-04-30

I will post it up this evening and update this thread. Thanks for the reply.

-hogfan

- coendeurloo - 2010-04-30

slash Wrote:Hi coendeurloo,

I didnt' have the chance to test the latest SVN. I will try it this week-end.

Could you post the exact message you are getting from firefox ?

It's just a generic 'can't find the page', nothing specific that could help...same with the normal xbmc web page

- slash - 2010-05-01

coendeurloo Wrote:It's just a generic 'can't find the page', nothing specific that could help...same with the normal xbmc web page

try connecting to :

http://<your_XBMC_IP>:<port>/XWMM/index.html
or
http://<your_XBMC_IP>:<port>/XWMM/movies/index.html

also could you pasbin your xbmc.log in debug mode?

- zilexa - 2010-05-01

slash Wrote:I'll look into it. With JavaScript you cannot write file to the Desktop (security restrictions).

I would say keep it simple. Instead of saving a file to the desktop, leave that to the user. Generate a html report. I have a nice example for you but not home right now.

new updates : 1.5.1 and svn 1.7.4 - slash - 2010-05-02

Hi,

new update for both stable and SVN releases available:

- Manage watched / unwatched status
- Movies List export to HTML (all / watched / unwatched)

how to use :

- Select movie or episode and right-click to change watched / unwatched
- to export a movie list:
-- select Movie List
-- Tools -> export to HTML

Thanks in advance for your feedback

- kiboy6 - 2010-05-03

Great work on the html export - works beautifully and will come in super handy. Thanks so much!

One last feature that I think is missing from XWMM is the ability to manually update thumbnail and fanart. (ie point to image url or local file). This would be an invaluable feature as it's the kind of thing you NEED a database editor for - XBMC handles scrapable images OK but has it's a pain manually adding artwork for movies that the scraper can't find it for .

- slash - 2010-05-03

kiboy6 Wrote:Great work on the html export - works beautifully and will come in super handy. Thanks so much!

Glad you like it. I'm waiting to see if this export also answers the printing request

kiboy6 Wrote:One last feature that I think is missing from XWMM is the ability to manually update thumbnail and fanart. (ie point to image url or local file). This would be an invaluable feature as it's the kind of thing you NEED a database editor for - XBMC handles scrapable images OK but has it's a pain manually adding artwork for movies that the scraper can't find it for .

Thsi feature is already in roadmap (short term). I will also add fanart and cover support for TV Shows soon.

- zosky - 2010-05-03

slash Wrote:Hi,

new update for both stable and SVN releases available:

- Manage watched / unwatched status
- Movies List export to HTML (all / watched / unwatched)

Thanks in advance for your feedback

hi Slash, awesome update, expecially the watched/unwatched toggle!
a few minor bugs with the new export feature...
  • the unwatched button pulls up the watched list
  • the 'release' column is "undefined" for any unwatched movies
    (properly filled in when looking at the watched list & a mixed bag when looking at all )

also what about the option to hide nfo's ?
(hope im not being a pest, i know its on your list)

EDIT: also some type of SWF wrapper to play the FLV trailers plz
(again i think its on your list. right now chrome & ffox download the flv)