Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- freakalad - 2011-08-29

Yip!
Consolidating orphaned content is a total PITA!

- bodhi - 2011-08-29

alanrburns Wrote:Does anyone know where the management in the name comes from?

All this interface has done for me is disappoint.

"Fix path in DB" results in "This operation hase no effect for now ... sorry"
"scan for new content" does nothing

scraper settings don't work..
save button stays grayed out.

this is just a viewer not a manager.. and it is slow..

I guess you don't have to use it if you don't like it No. For me, personally I really appreciate the great functionality this add-on gave me. When you need to deal with nfo files, movie sets, MPAA ratings, and whole bunch other things,... by manually editing nfo files, then you'll find out what a relief to be ale to use a nice tool like this Big Grin and doing it remotely from another laptop Nod

Are we allowed to tell the truth? - alanrburns - 2011-08-29

this interface doesn't allow me to edit (manage) anything.. it is just a viewer

Are we going to look at the issue are user requests just muted?
Are there missing documentation/ instructions?

After hours of testing in different browsers I can't see any management functionality.

Does anyone have this issue?
Is there any way to allow this interface to manage orphaned content?

- bandelguy - 2011-08-29

@slash: The music section needs some improvement. For e.g., it doesn't let me save any info like labels, review. The save button stays grey. It doesn't let me know whether any info has been saved or not. ( The movie section shows some dialog about saving the new / missing info). The music section does not get the deserved attention from many media management tools, in fact XWMM has the potential to be a complete media management tool as it encompases music library too. Media also includes music library too.

- slash - 2011-08-29

bandelguy Wrote:@slash: The music section needs some improvement. For e.g., it doesn't let me save any info like labels, review. The save button stays grey. It doesn't let me know whether any info has been saved or not. ( The movie section shows some dialog about saving the new / missing info). The music section does not get the deserved attention from many media management tools, in fact XWMM has the potential to be a complete media management tool as it encompases music library too. Media also includes music library too.

Totally agree, lately I spent most of my dev. time to port the existing features to pre-eden (JSON-RPC). A lot of work need to be done on the music section and also XWMM is missing music-video section.

I'll try to post some updates on the music section in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your patience
/

- slash - 2011-08-29

alanrburns Wrote:this interface doesn't allow me to edit (manage) anything.. it is just a viewer

After hours of testing in different browsers I can't see any management functionality.

Please provide your XBMC version (and OS) and which XWMM version you are using (stable or SVN)

- bandelguy - 2011-08-29

using nightlies and ver 2.00a, I can't get to the music library using XWMM. Hopefully, the bug /missing feature will be sorted out in the next release.

- slash - 2011-08-29

bandelguy Wrote:using nightlies and ver 2.00a, I can't get to the music library using XWMM. Hopefully, the bug /missing feature will be sorted out in the next release.

I'll check it by next week.

Thanks
/

- Aenima99x - 2011-08-29

Anyone able to get this working with a reverse proxy? It works fine on internal network, but when loading through the reverse proxy it's just a blank page. Any ideas?

- bodhi - 2011-08-30

alanrburns Wrote:this interface doesn't allow me to edit (manage) anything.. it is just a viewer

Did not mean to discourage you to tell the truth Laugh It's just that it seems you did not read the first post, and some other posts in this thread. I think your observation was quite incorrect. All you need to do is ask and we'll try to help. For movies, you can do a lot of management. We use this to add and modify a lot of information that otherwise have to be entered manually into the nfo files (it's not fun). Note that there is some bug that prevents the "Save" button to act properly (i.e. problem with grayed out/ highlighted), but it does work. And to verify that things have changed correctly, you would want to request the movies list again to refresh the information on your browser (don't use the browser refresh button).

Unless, there is something wrong with your installation?

- slash - 2011-08-30

Aenima99x Wrote:Anyone able to get this working with a reverse proxy? It works fine on internal network, but when loading through the reverse proxy it's just a blank page. Any ideas?

never tried it with a reverse proxy (used ssh tunnel for remote access).

Did you check the XBMC logs to see a trace of your http request ?
Is it the same behavior with the XBMC default interface ?

- Jeff17 - 2011-09-07

Slash,

I'm working to expose some of the scrapers to the JSON interface. I'm hoping that this feature might be useful to XWWM for scraping/rescraping library items. If you have any suggestions on how this should be implemented, I'd love to hear them.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11933

Edit:

I just found your ticket that says you're working on the same thing! Oops! I guess that makes my ticket a dupe. I don't know how much progress you've made on your side, maybe my patch could still be of some use.

- m0v1em4n - 2011-09-07

Hi Guys

I seem to be having a problem creating sets, I am using nightly build 04/08/11 and SVN 2.0.0a of this addon on window 7 , browser I have tried are Crome and internet explorer 9, I have used method 2 to install XWMM

What I am doing is going to tools / manage movie sets, click add, double click the new set to rename, then click update and close.

select a move to go in set, then move over to the right hand side and select other details, but my problem is when I select the set drop down list there is nothing in there only a thin blue field which is selectable but nothing happens

If I refresh XWMM (f5) and go back in to manage movie sets the collection I put in there earlier is gone, also I have tried saving after creating the set

Can anyone help :confused2:

- slash - 2011-09-07

Jeff17 Wrote:Slash,

I'm working to expose some of the scrapers to the JSON interface. I'm hoping that this feature might be useful to XWWM for scraping/rescraping library items.

Hi Jeff17,

Any help on the RPC-JSON is welcomed. Please note that all discussion on JSON dev should be in this thread

You can also contact me on github and share your code there (note that my username in github is slash2009).

Thanks in advance for your participation

/

- slash - 2011-09-07

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys

I seem to be having a problem creating sets, I am using nightly build 04/08/11 and SVN 2.0.0a of this addon on window 7 , browser I have tried are Crome and internet explorer 9
Can anyone help :confused2:

Problem confirmed with 2.0.0a. I'll try to fix it asap

Thanks

/